It's really hard to evaluate these quarterbacks with these receivers

Bing Bong

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

To be totally honest, I’m not sure what point your trying to make 

The point was that it doesn't matter if he has an explosive receiver and offense or not, he's extremely limited as a passer.

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I don’t think that many QB’s could excel with this receiver corps. That doesn’t mean we can’t evaluate TT. The deficiencies in his game are apparent regardless. There are many things that NFL QB’s must do to win. TT is incapable of too many of them. 

I worry this regime undervalues the importance of receivers. Maybe they took the wrong lesson out of their success in Cam's MVP year. But I don't want to bring a young quarterback into this team with the receivers we trotted out today.

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sammy played in 13 games in 2015 and 8 games in 2016 and TT passed for just 3,000 yards in both.

Goff is already at 3000 yards with Watkins and still 4 games to go.

Edited by PeterGriffin

1 minute ago, Doc said:

The point was that it doesn't matter if he has an explosive receiver and offense or not, he's extremely limited as a passer.

Agreed. So should we play to his strengths, or his weaknesses if we were going to keep him? Why keep him if opting to play to the weaknesses?

28 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Remember way, way back in, oh,  August? Back when we were all laughing about how awful the Jets receiving corps would be this year?  Right now Robby Anderson and Jermaine Kearse look a lot better than anyone we're putting on the field. And that's with 37 year old career journeyman Josh McCown throwing the ball.  Are they really good? Or is Tyrod really that bad?  I have to assume it's more of the latter.  After all, Jordan Matthews was at least as effective as a Jermaine Kearse with his previous team and he's a couple years younger too ...

you should see the plays Robby Anderson can make. Is it so hard to admit this is was a weakness of our team today? as is QB?

Sorry but tyrod can't find anyone open and yet when peterman comes in...recievers are open.  He just can't hit them.  Ha. 

Peterman made the right read 3 times today with open guys and 1 was dropped and 2 overthrown.  Then would have scrambled or dumped it off on all 3.  Neither are any good but it's not the receivers. 

45 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I don’t think that many QB’s could excel with this receiver corps. That doesn’t mean we can’t evaluate TT. The deficiencies in his game are apparent regardless. There are many things that NFL QB’s must do to win. TT is incapable of too many of them. 

I can make 10 that would excel with this group.  These recievers are not the issue. 

It really is...these receivers get no seperation, we don't scheme them open very well oftentimes, and then they drop the ball when Peterman throws it to them in tight coverage due to the first two reasons...

It's frustrating for sure...I'm sure the coaches are getting high blood pressure watching from the sidelines...

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Agreed. So should we play to his strengths, or his weaknesses if we were going to keep him? Why keep him if opting to play to the weaknesses?

What is his strength?  I've heard he's good at the long ball (20+ yards), but he was 38% in 2015 and 30% last year. 

And trading Sammy was less about taking away his strength than getting good compensation for a guy who wasn't worth his 5th year tender, much less the money he was looking for in a long-term contract.

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

What is his strength?  I've heard he's good at the long ball (20+ yards), but he was 38% in 2015 and 30% last year. 

And trading Sammy was less about taking away his strength than getting good compensation for a guy who wasn't worth his 5th year tender, much less the money he was looking for in a long-term contract.

You are putting more time into constructing my argument than your own.

if your stance is Tyrod is horrible at everything and has no strengths, there’s not much for us to discuss. 

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

You are putting more time into constructing my argument than your own.

if your stance is Tyrod is horrible at everything and has no strengths, there’s not much for us to discuss. 

I'm not constructing anything for you.  Tyrod is simply not a good passing QB.  You can parse his "well he can throw reasonably well from X+ distance..." but the bottom line is he's not a franchise guy and will be somewhere else next year.

2 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

For many teams, the receiver corps has a positive effect on the offense, ie making catches they probably shouldn't catch, route running, adjusting to broken plays. These guys have quite a negative impact. I don't think we properly take in this impact when we talk about quarterbacks.

I think it's the other way around. There is no way to evaluate the WR's properly with the QB play in Buffalo. Peterman was deer in headlights 2 weeks ago. I hope he plays better in the coming weeks so we get a decent look at Benjamin, Matthews and Jones with a QB that will actually throw a pass to an "NFL open" wide receiver.