Eric Lee appears to be the real deal

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

1.5 sacks, 3 QB hits, 1 pass breakup and a INT is far from nice plays.

The Bills straight up screwed up.

https://nesn.com/2017/12/patriots-president-takes-jab-at-bills-after-eric-lee-torments-old-team/

The Bills WRs are bad and get no separation. The INT was the worst decision ever made by Taylor, threw it right to him. The OL has issues. Taylor holds the ball forever . It would have been embarrassing for Lee if he had dropped that pick.  I doubt the Bills let a HOFer get away. 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills WRs are bad and get no separation. The INT was the worst decision ever made by Taylor, threw it right to him. The OL has issues. Taylor holds the ball forever . It would have been embarrassing for Lee if he had dropped that pick.  I doubt the Bills let a HOFer get away. 

He had a nice game in his debut against MIA.  We'll see whether he levels off or sustains his good play over time.

On 12/6/2017 at 6:22 PM, racecitybills said:

Was that not Eric Lee driven 15 yards downfield by Dawkins on the first drive of the day?

he had some nice plays but there is a reason he keeps getting on practice squads 

Patriots org seems to think he's a big improvement.  I threw up in my mouth a bit reading this.  But we'll see as the season goes.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/12/8/16734248/film-review-in-just-3-short-weeks-with-the-patriots-pass-rusher-eric-lee-is-ready-for-prime-time

On 12/3/2017 at 4:16 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

Not keeping this guy raises serious red flags in terms of McD/Beane's ability to evaluate players.

Because no way we couldn't find room for this guy on the 53 man roster considering how bad the defense has been of late.

McDermott/Beane have let walk/traded a number of players who are having success on other teams.  *mumble* *mumble* scheme fit *mumble* process.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 12/3/2017 at 5:51 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

" Wish we could have kept him" should be the motto of the Buffalo Bills. We're smart enough to acquire good players and dumb enough to let them go. If I was Belichick I'd go after Brandon Reilly.

Give it time...Reilly will be a Pat soon enough

On 12/3/2017 at 5:41 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

Yes but he shouldn't have stayed there and certainly should not have been released so we didn't even get the right to keep him if the Pats tried to sign him.

Watch this guy go on to be a perennial probowler because it's simply the Buffalo Bills way.

If they are so great why didn't they have somebody better on their practice squad then Lee?

• 2 weeks later...

Letting talented players get away from us for nothing (or close to nothing) is the only part I'm concerned about with McBeane & Co. 

No spot on this roster for Ragland? Nothing for Lee? Dareus for a 6th? It's just amazing how apparent defensive-minded people like McDermott & Frazier don't see the talent & importance of these guys. At least we got a good draft pick for Darby, but the others? Man it's weird.

42 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I watched him for a few games after the Bills game and I wasn't impressed.  He looks super stiff out there.  I felt better about losing him after honing in on him a few games.

Yeah... He's made a couple splash plays but isn't as good as some have made him out to be.