Another Tyrod like performance should make you feel better about starting Peterman

Does anyone still question the decision to start Peterman a few weeks ago?  I am just wondering.  I don't see how anyone can watch another game of Tyrod being the Bills QB anymore.  Just wondering what people see that makes them want to keep him as the starter? Sure he can run but this is exactly what happens with a mobile QB that relies on his legs...he gets hurt.  Peterman hasn't looked good but he has had a few nice throws that Tyrod hasn't been able to make in his career and has only seen the field a few minutes this year.  

I guess my question is do people still hate the coaching staff for daring to get better play at QB?  

I supported starting him and still did in retrospect.  Peterman's performance sucked obviously, not all of which was his fault, but it was clear back then that TT wasn't a long-term answer at QB and now his time in Buffalo is over.  They'll draft a QB next year.  Hopefully he's a good one.

• Like (+1) 1

Like McD himself said, "I'm not disappointed in the decision, I'm disappointed in the result'

And that probably does some up the Chargers game perfectly for NP but at least we'll get to see him the rest of the way because even if Taylor is healthy there is no value add to waste time starting him at this point especially if this team truly wants to get an idea of what they have in Peterman heading into a crucial offseason.

I thought Joe Webb looked decent, too, and I liked how they were using him and rotating him in. That throw just off the fingertips of... I forget who the receiver was actually, Cadet?... was pretty good.

Certainly no worse, in terms of accuracy, than what we've seen from Peterman. 

Assuming Tyrod is out next week, and potentially the remainder of the season, I wouldn't mind rotating Webb and Peterman depending on situation & performance.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Does anyone still question the decision to start Peterman a few weeks ago?  I am just wondering.  I don't see how anyone can watch another game of Tyrod being the Bills QB anymore.  Just wondering what people see that makes them want to keep him as the starter? Sure he can run but this is exactly what happens with a mobile QB that relies on his legs...he gets hurt.  Peterman hasn't looked good but he has had a few nice throws that Tyrod hasn't been able to make in his career and has only seen the field a few minutes this year.  

I guess my question is do people still hate the coaching staff for daring to get better play at QB?  

As bad as Tyrod is, it is laughable to defend the starting of Peterman. Peterman is worse than Tyrod, let his "worst performance in the history of the NFL" stand as the first piece of evidence.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buddy Hix said:

As bad as Tyrod is, it is laughable to defend the starting of Peterman. Peterman is worse than Tyrod, let his "worst performance in the history of the NFL" stand as the first piece of evidence.

I heard he did the same thing his first college start, then was quite good after that.

You don't pull a rookie because he has one bad start.  Unfortunately, the fans and media bashed him to much so I think he felt he had to.  We know Tyrod isn't the answer...keep starting the guy that's only played one game.  

No second chance for the rookie?  Tyrod gets how many chances in his career and doesn't prove it...

Peterman has sucked, too.

But he's our starter the rest of the year.

Please get better and win 3 or 4 more games

or

Absolutely suck like you have so far and don't win another game.

I don't want 1 or 2 wins with Peterman, at which point he's going to screw up our draft pick and demonstrate moments of mediocrity.

No more mediocrity in Buffalo.

All-in on whoever we draft in round 1 next year!!!

I still question the timing of it, yes.  I felt after the Saints game it was inevitable that it happened the question was just when.  Going into a home game with the Colts at 6-6 would have been a much better time.  Maybe we would have been 7-5 with Tyrod playing in LA but I doubt it. 

Tyrod is over though.  He is done.  To this point I have absolutely been on board with the idea that you keep Tyrod next year regardless and if your 1st round rookie doesn't beat him out in camp you start the season with Tyrod and some point between weeks 4 and 8 you make the change.  I felt after the benching Tyrod's side might baulk at that but I am now at the point where I don't want that anymore anyway.  I am willing to see worse Quarterbacking than Tyrod in the short term next season to have the chance to get better down the road.  I can't watch anymore.  I can't watch the way he plays the position.  It's ugly.  I am done with it.  I am ready for a Quarterback who gets the ball out of his hands and plays to win even if he loses more. 

I said to Kirby in a PM earlier in the season (I think it was after week 2) that while I absolutely think Tyrod is a better Quarterback than Fitzpatrick was for us (though it is closer than most think in my opinion) I am more convinced that we won't be more than an 8-8 type team with Tyrod than I was with Fitz.  I don't think Tyrod's way of playing the position works.  People tell me about Russell Wilson and they compare stats.... great.  Russell Wilson despite, I think, being shorter than Tyrod can throw on time from the pocket.  Yes he has all Tyrod's good bits and he was a more conservative QB than he is now his first 2 years, but he doesn't have the same critical flaw.  Tyrod has shown no ability to throw consistently on time from the pocket consistently in 3 seasons. 

Tyrod is a great guy, good teammate, nobody has wanted to win more than him and he has dealt with the at times bungling way the Bills have dealt with him.  But it's over.  I am done.  I wish the guy no ill.  But this is the end in Buffalo.  It has to be. 

8 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

I thought Joe Webb looked decent, too, and I liked how they were using him and rotating him in. That throw just off the fingertips of... I forget who the receiver was actually, Cadet?... was pretty good.

Certainly no worse, in terms of accuracy, than what we've seen from Peterman. 

Assuming Tyrod is out next week, and potentially the remainder of the season, I wouldn't mind rotating Webb and Peterman depending on situation & performance.

Try and find the games Webb played with The Vikings, believe me if he wasn't on the Bills he would still be a FA. I cannot believe he is actually on a NFL roster.

9 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Like McD himself said, "I'm not disappointed in the decision, I'm disappointed in the result'

And that probably does some up the Chargers game perfectly for NP but at least we'll get to see him the rest of the way because even if Taylor is healthy there is no value add to waste time starting him at this point especially if this team truly wants to get an idea of what they have in Peterman heading into a crucial offseason.

Peterman blows, and if he is lucky may stick in the league as a backup for a few years. Not defending Tyrod but as McD said in his presser TT was injured on the first play of the game, and they discussed pulling him eRlier in the game, he played hurt the entire game. You have zero perspective and your silly blind love of a scrub negates any opinion you may have on the Bills QB situation. Peterman will not be stRter in the NFL.