Some GOOD news. Chiefs lost :)

Yeah.  They have three division games coming up and it looks like they could lose at least a couple of those.  That means they finish no better than 8-8 and lose their hold on the division championship.  That probably drops them out of the playoffs and brings that first round draft choice to the middle of the pack.  That is a nice consolation considering they once looked like possible Super Bowl winners.

40 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

That game is irrelevant now. Baltimore beating Detroit with us losing just sealed or 18th year of not going to the playoffs. Start rooting for losses form here on to give us a slightly higher draft pick. 

I'd rather we finish off strong. I think a 9-7 record boosts morale for next year, at least something for us to build on.

Edited by NewDayBills

19 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd rather we finish off strong. I think a 9-7 record boosts morale for next year, at least something for us to build on.

Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way, though the heavy toll negates a true sense of achievement or profit.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way, though the heavy toll negates a true sense of achievement or profit.

People seem confused by my post, let me clear things up. Since when has the higher draft pick done anything for us? We've had high draft picks going on for 18 years, what do we have to show for? I'm rooting for 9-7, establish a winning culture. That's more important than 4-5 spots in the draft and besides, if McD and Beane are good evaluators, it shouldn't matter where we draft. The playoff teams seem to add talent while picking bottom in the draft.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

People seem confused by my post, let me clear things up. Since when has the higher draft pick done anything for us? We've had high draft picks going on for 18 years, what do we have to show for? I'm rooting for 9-7, establish a winning culture. That's more important than 4-5 spots in the draft and besides, if McD and Beane are good evaluators, it shouldn't matter where we draft. The playoff teams seem to add talent while picking bottom in the draft.

The best way to establish a winning culture is to get a franchise qb.  Past 18 years are immaterial in terms of grabbing a top qb prospect.  Does this draft class have enough qb talent to justify an early pick?  If so, you need to move up and get a real qb.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

The best way to establish a winning culture is to get a franchise qb.  Past 18 years are immaterial in terms of grabbing a top qb prospect.  Does this draft class have enough qb talent to justify an early pick?  If so, you need to move up and get a real qb.

Plenty of decent teams have found QBs outside of the top 10, obviously it would be ideal to have our pick of the litter but my point is, we likely won't have our pick of the litter, even if we lose out. Moving up 4-5 spots won't put any of the top guys in range. Once again, good teams evaluate talent and add good players in every round of the draft. If we have to rely on having a top draft pick every year to rebuild, we aren't going anywhere anyways.

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

Since when has finishing 7-9 or 6-10 instead of 3-13 or 4-12 ever helped us out? Or even Doug’s 9-7? The reason we are where we are is that we haven’t sucked badly enough to grab a competent qb. Hopefully that changes this year. 

1 minute ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Since when has finishing 7-9 or 6-10 instead of 3-13 or 4-12 ever helped us out? Or even Doug’s 9-7? The reason we are where we are is that we haven’t sucked badly enough to grab a competent qb. Hopefully that changes this year. 

Wrong. We could have had Deshaun Watson, we did not take him, which points at our FO not knowing how to evaluate talent. I also think Mahomes is going to be a good one but that once again is just my opinion and NOT a fact.

10 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Wrong. We could have had Deshaun Watson, we did not take him, which points at our FO not knowing how to evaluate talent. I also think Mahomes is going to be a good one but that once again is just my opinion and NOT a fact.

Oh ok lets get a few more meaningless victories this year to “build on”....?

29 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Oh ok lets get a few more meaningless victories this year to “build on”....?

Meaningless? Finishing 9-7 versus 6-10 may be a determining factor if free agents want to come here or not. If you ever played sports, losing is not fun for players, it affects their attitude long term on whether or not they'll want to re-sign here or maybe flip sides and go with the Patriots.

32 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Meaningless? Finishing 9-7 versus 6-10 may be a determining factor if free agents want to come here or not. If you ever played sports, losing is not fun for players, it affects their attitude long term on whether or not they'll want to re-sign here or maybe flip sides and go with the Patriots.

Right...?