Teams that you’ve seen live the most

Kirby Jackson

I lived in Phoenix for 11 years and became a big Suns fan, and was there during the Barkley years, which were enormously fun. And my best friend had floor seats, under the basket, about 15-20 feet from the opposing team's bench, so if the guys on the end of the bench were just talking normally you could hear them. And I never had to pay.

You could even talk to the refs and they would hear you. Saw dozens and dozens of games there. Over a hundred counting before he got the floor seats and the ones he had were 12 rows up about the foul line. So that was as sweet a deal as you could get.

41 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

We need a thread that limits who can post in it to those who have attended 100+ Bills games, that way we can keep the riff-raff like Boyst the hell out!

There needs to be a thread of how many miles traveled to see those games. 

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

There needs to be a thread of how many miles traveled to see those games. 

I smoke ya on that one too brother..since 1987, been driving from either the District or Richmond to at least 4 games a year at home, prolly two road games a year!

Only thing you got on me is hooking up with troll internet skanks:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

Bills (since the 70’s)

Sabres (since the 80’s)

My son’s baseball games

My daughter’s softball games

My other daughter’s field hockey games

Buffalo Braves games (in the 70’s)

Nebraska (in Lincoln, NE)

Have never been to a MLB game anywhere. Something I need to do. 

10 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

One thing I have not done near enough is big-time college football. Had Maryland season rickets for a long time, but that is not big time. I was also at the very first CFP game, Oregon V Florida State, but I don't really count that either.

I have never been to an SEC game, never been to a game at The Big House, or seen Touchdown Jesus, no games at Ohio Stadium or Happy Valley. Closest I come I guess is a game or two a year in Blacksburg, which is great, but not the 100-year tradition like some of those other places.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

One thing I have not done near enough is big-time college football. Had Maryland season rickets for a long time, but that is not big time. I was also at the very first CFP game, Oregon V Florida State, but I don't really count that either.

I have never been to an SEC game, never been to a game at The Big House, or seen Touchdown Jesus, no games at Ohio Stadium or Happy Valley. Closest I come I guess is a game or two a year in Blacksburg, which is great, but not the 100-year tradition like some of those other places.

The Iron Bowl last weekend was one of the coolest sporting events that I’ve ever been to. I was saying to some friends that it was just different. You can go to Super Bowls and All-Star games pretty easily. You just have to pay for it. A bunch of celebrities hop on the private planes, fly to a major city, party for 3 days and then go to a game. This was so different. The game was in a small town in East Alabama and the stadium wasn’t full of people that actually cared. It was alumni and students as opposed to celebs and execs. It had an intensity and anticipation that you rarely see. It was so much more pure than other major sporting events. It still belonged to the people and not the sponsors.

Come down to LSU next year. It’s pretty wild. 

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Iron Bowl last weekend was one of the coolest sporting events that I’ve ever been to. I was saying to some friends that it was just different. You can go to Super Bowls and All-Star games pretty easily. You just have to pay for it. A bunch of celebrities hop on the private planes, fly to a major city, party for 3 days and then go to a game. This was so different. The game was in a small town in East Alabama and the stadium wasn’t full of people that actually cared. It was alumni and students as opposed to celebs and execs. It had an intensity and anticipation that you rarely see. It was so much more pure than other major sporting events. It still belonged to the people and not the sponsors.

Come down to LSU next year. It’s pretty wild. 

See, you can feel that through the TV, that's an awesome account. Think that's why so many Bills players say its a college atmosphere in the Ralph, its still people who care and not just rich folks being wined and dined.

And don't even think of taking that LSU offer down, its booked!

12 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Bills (since the 70’s)

Sabres (since the 80’s)

My son’s baseball games

My daughter’s softball games

My other daughter’s field hockey games

Buffalo Braves games (in the 70’s)

Nebraska (in Lincoln, NE)

Hmmm .... going to Citi Field with the 518 Mafia (and anyone else, of course) would be a cool road trip.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

That would be a great time Gug. Let's see who can make it. Do they sell wings at Citi Field?

They probably do.  But I usually go for the hot dog/cabbage casserole.

• Haha (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I hear LSU is an amazing experience.

It’s pretty nuts. The Alabama game 3 years ago they estimated 300,000 people were on campus for (worst traffic I’ve ever seen). It is an unbelievable experience though. Death Valley at night is crazy.

37 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

See, you can feel that through the TV, that's an awesome account. Think that's why so many Bills players say its a college atmosphere in the Ralph, its still people who care and not just rich folks being wined and dined.

And don't even think of taking that LSU offer down, its booked!

Let’s do it!!

I was thinking a lot about the Ralph when I was there. It was just special. I’m not an Auburn or Alabama fan (one of my best friends works in Auburn’s athletic department). The game didn’t matter to me really. It was just special.