Hypothetically if Giants release Manning

MAJBobby

4 hours ago, SoTier said:

The Giants aren't releasing Manning before the end of the season.  They're taking so much heat from the NY and national media over benching him that they simply wouldn't dare even if he was causing problems on the team, which, of course, he's not because that's not how the Mannings roll, especially Eli who probably bleeds Giants blue.  This is just another crappy HC looking for a scapegoat.

Hense the hypothetical 

On 11/29/2017 at 8:01 AM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Yes, I know we traded for Bledsoe. Bledsoe was also like 6 years younger than Eli is. My statement was about the player and his impact on our success moving forward (Bledsoe went 23-25 as a starter in Buffalo).

Sure. Someone (maybe You? I'm not going back to look) said we signed him. I was correcting that we traded for him. If they decide manning is a 1-2 yr stop gap and worth the drain, fine. Hopefully no one talking about this is silly enough to believe it's a future...

The Bills would not have to worry about the signing bonus, so he would cost something like 16, million against the cap.  If you pick him up, you assume he is your starter next year.  If he doesn't work out, the financial fallout doesn't hurt too much - you just cut him.  The only issue is that you're left with plan B.  You'd better hope your plan B is good enough because by the time you figure out that Manning is not going to work out for you, it'll be too late to develop any other good plans from scratch.

That would certainly shake things up.

Bring in a proven QB to school whomever we get in the draft, or Peterman.

We might actually get him for cheap, since he's a "has-been" hoping to go out in style.

Use 2018 draft picks to shore up the O Line.

It would give us a chance to evaluate Dennison with no excuses.

6 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

When he was drafted by the Chargers years ago he refused to play for them and forced the

trade to the Giants. What in your mind makes you think he would want to play here.

When a guy, any guy, gets the dear John letter, he's likely to get mad and do dumb things.

Eli has played in NY his whole career. He's comfortable with the weather. He will put on a sweater and play.

Just give me the damn checkbook.................

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

He's not a FA. He could be traded by the Jints for a draft pick or two.

Offer them Tyrod and Tre' Davious White. Maybe they'd take it.

Hell no. Tre should in no way be included in any trade offer, never mind one for an aged QB who hasn't done anything in 4 seasons. I liked Eli fine, but he is not the answer for the Bills. Inject the youth. Darnold, Rosen or Baker. Other than that build the lines and gamble on a 3rd round QB and Peterman. If Mason is there in the second, he should be considered.

1 minute ago, B Fan in LA said:

He's not a FA. He could be traded by the Jints for a draft pick or two.

Offer them Tyrod and Tre' Davious White. Maybe they'd take it.

Helllll no! Do NOT offer Tre' Davious White! I hope that was a joke lol. 

Does nobody understand that we NEED to keep our draft picks in order to be successful? Look at how many 1st & 2nd round picks are still on this team over the past 7 years! Since 2010, we only have TWO... Shaq Lawson, and Cordy Glenn. That's it. I don't remember if we're dead last or second to last, but in terms of the amount of draft picks on our roster we're at the very bottom of the league. All the successful teams rank at the top in draft picks retained on their rosters.

And if there's 1 QB I don't want the Bills to go after, it's Eli Manning. He was never a great QB, just played great in certain moments. In his prime, he was certainly better than what we have now, and possibly still is to some degree. But we need to develop our own guy for once, or get somebody young enough that they'll be on this roster for a long time (like Kirk Cousins). Even Alex Smith is only 33 and could potentially play 5+ more years... Drew Brees is 39 and still playing great, so imagine if we had a chance to grab him when he was 33, then have him for 6 years. That could be Smith. 

If for some reason we wanted Eli, I'd hope we'd at least have the common sense to give up no more than a 4th round pick or later. I mean we took a 6th for Dareus, and at this point in his career he has far more impact than Manning would at his respective position.

We do need to keep our draft picks, but when you have two guys who don't have a clue, then what.

The latest case in point. Eric Lee was claimed off the practice squad Nov. 11, as they didn't think he

was good enough for the roster. The Pats took him and he was all over the field last night, and in

the Buffalo backfield all night. The announcers wondered if he got enough snaps to go to the Pro

Bowl, and you want McBeane to pick the draftees. 

12 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

We do need to keep our draft picks, but when you have two guys who don't have a clue, then what.

The latest case in point. Eric Lee was claimed off the practice squad Nov. 11, as they didn't think he

was good enough for the roster. The Pats took him and he was all over the field last night, and in

the Buffalo backfield all night. The announcers wondered if he got enough snaps to go to the Pro

Bowl, and you want McBeane to pick the draftees. 

Yes, the Bills are bad at evaluating talent, that's why when talent is basically d*** slapping you in the face like is the case with Tre'Davious White, you keep the SOB lol

And see, told you the Pats turn other teams' scrubs into gold ;P

Our Offense is terrible.

Our Defense is not terrible because the new leadership was able to cobble together some solid FA's

and some draft picks that actually panned out, for a change.

Cornerbacks are cheaper and easier to find than franchise QB's

Eli has more Championship rings than everybody on this board, and he did that by not making a lot of bad throws.

He needs to end his career in a peaceful place, like Buffalo.........

10 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

Our Offense is terrible.

Our Defense is not terrible because the new leadership was able to cobble together some solid FA's

and some draft picks that actually panned out, for a change.

Cornerbacks are cheaper and easier to find than franchise QB's

Eli has more Championship rings than everybody on this board, and he did that by not making a lot of bad throws.

He needs to end his career in a peaceful place, like Buffalo.........

It took me a while, but I think I finally realized you're joking lol