SI.com: The Baffling Breakup between Tyrod Taylor and the Bills

YoloinOhio

I find this national media doesnt care about us or hates us or never gives us credit to be highly amusing.

When we won three in a row and were 5-2 the national media fell under two categories, approximately equal parts. A lot of them jumped on the bandwagon like a lot of us did, we were high in power rankings, McD was getting CoY mentions, and many of them were saying we had the makings of a very good team: good defense, good run game, good coaching and we take it away but don't give it away. We got a ton of great press especially leading up to the Jet game.

And they were wrong.

The other part said this is not sustainable with all the takeaways, and we have seen this before, prove it to me over the long haul.

And they were right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I expect Taylor to be a back-up next year.  Or he's holding a job for half a season til a rookie is ready.  I think Denver is the most likely landing spot for him and the best spot if he wants to start. Not sure of the contract but I think Alex Smith will be in Jacksonville ahead of Tyrod. 

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

How is Goff and Wentz, want to really play this game 

Yes. They're doing well. And others are doing poorly. The point is there's no promise that whoever we draft will be Goff or Wentz. And both are in better situations than our QB next year will inherit. Our fanbase is so impatient that we'd probably run him out of here if he struggles year 1 like Goff and Wentz did. 

4 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Pre-buyers remorse always amazes me. 

No prebuyers remorse lol. Just realistic expectations. Draft a QB early. Let him compete with Tyrod. If he loses our let him learn and continue to develop the team around him. If he wins out the starting position cut/trade Tyrod. But let's actually put someone in a position to succeed. Not force someone out there who's not ready.

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

But I just read how a single 14 yard completion shows why he sucks and will never be any good. 

Its not the 14 yard completion that's the problem, its the 14 plays a game he leaves on the field by not attempting to make the throws that are available out of fear of turning the ball over or inability to anticipate the play in the first place.

Just now, Woodman19 said:

Its not the 14 yard completion that's the problem, its the 14 plays a game he leaves on the field by not attempting to make the throws that are available out of fear of turning the ball over or inability to anticipate the play in the first place.

And when you say fourteen you mean two?

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

And when you say fourteen you mean two?

No, some plays where he completes for a 2 yard gain to McCoy are 10-15 yard completions he doesn't make because he wont risk the throw or see count as "lost opportunities".  Not just incompletions.

Edited by Woodman19

8 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

But I just read how a single 14 yard completion shows why he sucks and will never be any good. 

No worries. Hell be a one of the best backups in the league next year. Probably sign a series of one year deal between 2-5 mill a season over the next ten years and retire a very wealthy guy. After that hell probably be a coach. They say the best coaches are journeyman types whose careers never amounted to much. They tend to be far more patient teachers and usually understand the difficulties that those with inferior talent encounter just trying to stay in the league year after year. The future is very bright for Tyrod.

Edited by THEHARDTRUTH

9 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

Your being conservative woodman. Its more like 25-30.

On November 26, 2017 at 3:39 PM, cale said:

This is why we can't have nice things. No one will ever say Tyrod is the second coming of Jim Kelly. But the guy has been a total pro and is a great team mate. If they built a system around him, you know the way you would around a franchise QB, he would be a very serviceable QB. Then we can ride that horse until something better shows up.

Instead we're building schemes and on the field infrastructure for players we generally don't have. Right now all the coaching staffs the last few years have done is shoe horn him into systems that they're infatuated with. And dealing away some of his weapons and abandoning blocking schemes that play to his strengths. I wish we had Chan Gailey as his OC/QB coach.

Whatever you might say,  Zay Jones is not a number one receiver. He is a respectable number two. We didn't think Robert Woods was a serviceable number two, and yet a smart coach and a good QB are making him look like a perennial number one Pro Bowler.

This franchise when given the opportunity, makes more wrong calls than then right ones.

We deserve what we get.

Charles

One thing you left out is that Tyrod is considered a very good leader.  When you look at someone like Rosen, yeah he's a talented passer but his teammates don't like him.  Cutler has a great arm but is not a leader.  Teams need leaders and the QB is the leader of the offense and usually the team.

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No, I want to do the opposite of turning everything into something about race. What I'm suggesting is that is Tyrod's backup was still Cardale Jones, we would have seen a fraction of the national media (a media that ignores the Bills regularly) coverage that Tyrod's benching got. It was a stupid coach's decision. Coaches make stupid decisions all the time. That's all there is to it. It doesn't symbolize anything or suggest anything or show that any sinister force is at work. 

Cardale would have been a huge story because of the whole Ohio State thing.

4 hours ago, Woodman19 said:

Excellent TD, but lets not get carried away by a single play.

but let's get carried away with the 14 yard completion to Nick O'Leary on 2nd down

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Age or IQ?

you escalated that pretty quickly lol

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yeah, he stinks. Can't make an accurate throw. What looked like an easy TD was actually a tough great play and throw. 

Damn, that was a really nice throw. Announcer's made it seem like it was a piece of cake. That throw won the game essentially, at Arrowhead, where only Pitt beat them. 

When you really watch other QB's consistently, you realize he is a solid QB, that gives his team a chance.

20-18 , never having even a top 20 Defense!

He will be missed when he is gone....

2 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

One thing you left out is that Tyrod is considered a very good leader.  When you look at someone like Rosen, yeah he's a talented passer but his teammates don't like him.  Cutler has a great arm but is not a leader.  Teams need leaders and the QB is the leader of the offense and usually the team.

Taylor receives the uppmost respect from his offensive teammates. This is a fact and we'll documented.

That is a HUGE positive quality to have as a QB.

Edited by JerseyBills