2018 Senior Bowl

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Wow. The Broncos are lucky they got that much access to both top prospects. However, I have the utmost confidence that John Elway has no idea what he is doing when it comes to drafting QBs.

I can’t wait to see how both compete against each other tho. 

They should change it from the north south to something else. Geographically, maybe they could’ve switched mayfield with the qb from Virginia, but there’s 2 QBs from Virginia so you can’t really do that either,  it makes for an uninteresting game.

Senior Bowl: Sleeper offensive prospects
BY: CHRIS TRAPASSO

Two super-sized runners and a pair of tall wideouts have the skills to shine during a week...

Senior Bowl: Defenders primed to rise

These prospects aren't first-round locks now but could be in for a rise after the Senior B...

Senior Bowl: What each QB must prove

Each signal-caller can help to silence his critics during a week spent in Mobile, Alabama

On 1/19/2018 at 6:35 AM, NewEra said:

They should change it from the north south to something else. Geographically, maybe they could’ve switched mayfield with the qb from Virginia, but there’s 2 QBs from Virginia so you can’t really do that either,  it makes for an uninteresting game.

That's is certainly how it looks but it may allow one or more to really shine on the South side.

As for the North, who will be the starter?

44 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m thinking about going to the game next weekend. It’s like 1:40 minutes from here and there is a great BBQ place there. This really isn’t important for this thread but LAMP.

That sounds like fun.

Give us a report when you get back, if you go.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Will do!! One of the guys in my Bills group here wants to go so I think that 5 or 6 of us are going to make the trip. It will be a fun day and a chance to see some of these guys up close. 

Rules of the scouting department: No drinking before the game; drinking after the game is permissible. :D

side note: Canisius won again in Iona. This season has been a pleasant surprise. The college knocked it out of the park when it signed Reggie! The three combo: Right person/right place/right time. 

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Rules of the scouting department: No drinking before the game; drinking after the game is permissible. :D

side note: Canisius won again in Iona. This season has been a pleasant surprise. The college knocked it out of the park when it signed Reggie! The three combo: Right person/right place/right time. 

I’ll probably be drunk. No one should take my thoughts too seriously.

I watched the Griffs again today and it was awesome. They beat Iona twice and now have, virtually, a 2 game lead in the conference. They are so young too!! If they keep everyone and continue recruiting they may make a couple of tournament appearances. It’s been great to see.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ll probably be drunk. No one should take my thoughts too seriously.

I watched the Griffs again today and it was awesome. They beat Iona twice and now have, virtually, a 2 game lead in the conference. They are so young too!! If they keep everyone and continue recruiting they may make a couple of tournament appearances. It’s been great to see.

Wouldn't it be great for a region that has had to contend with the squalid pro sports scene (hockey and football) to end up with two area teams in the Tourney? UB should be in and Canisius would need to win its conference tournament to get a bid. The NIT would be a disappointing consolation. 

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Wouldn't it be great for a region that has had to contend with the squalid pro sports scene (hockey and football) to end up with two area teams in the Tourney? UB should be in and Canisius would need to win its conference tournament to get a bid. The NIT would be a disappointing consolation. 

It’s possible for UB and Canisius to go. Bona has struggled lately but I suppose they could get hot in the conference tourney. It would be great for the area.

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s possible for UB and Canisius to go. Bona has struggled lately but I suppose they could get hot in the conference tourney. It would be great for the area.

When you watch some of these big time basketball schools in these big time conferences you see a lot of quality high school players sitting at the end of the bench and not getting playing time. To make matters worse when the season is finished another crop of top shelf recruits are brought in to push them further down the bench. 

If these big college players who are riding the pine would have gone to a school like Canisius and Niagra they would have gotten playing time in a highly competitive setting that only is missing the high profile attention. Take a player like Crompton for Canisius. He is a tweener big man. He has gotten a lot of playing time and has gotten better each year. When his school career is finished his decision to go to Canisius instead of a high profile program where his playing time would probably be limited certainly was a good decision for him. 

I'm proud of Canisius. They do things the right way. The kids go to class and for the most part graduate. Plenty of them end their careers with graduate degrees because they use summer school to their advantage. I salute them with special attention given to Witherspoon.. Good man and good coach. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

baker-mayfield.jpg
It’s the first big step in the pre-draft process as some of the best college prospects gather in Mobile, Alabama for the Senior Bowl practices this week. The North and South team rosters will be chock full of talent and the watchful eyes of all 32 NFL teams will be transfixed on every move

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.