11-20: McDermott and Coordinator Pressers

26CornerBlitz

SEAN MCDERMOTT: "LEARN AND GROW" (22:56)

Head Coach Sean McDermott addressed the media on Monday topics include; learning from Sunday's game, completing contested throws, and an injury update.

RICK DENNISON: "FOCUS ON FUNDAMENTALS" (10:52)

Offensive Coordinator Rick Dennison addressed the media Monday topics include; calling the game from the coaches booth, the improved running game, and taking care of the football.

LESLIE FRAZIER: "KEEP WORKING" (10:17)

Defensive Coordinator Leslie Frazier addressed the media Monday topics include; correcting mistakes, forcing turnovers, and getting more 3 and outs.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Dennison needs to be hammered for the mind numbing play call to throw against a DIME defense with 21 personnel on the field on your own 14 yard line after the QB haa thrown 3 INTs...of cpurse since none of these reporters know crap about football other than Sal I doubt it gets asked...

I did not listen or watch the press conference so I have no idea of whether McCoach used the word process such as: "We are going through the process" when asked who will be the starting QB. 

Reading the quotes above though, it appears that McCoach used the word "evaluating" when I would have expected him to use the word process.

It would behoove the new PR guy to encourage McCoach and Beane to stop trying to co-opt Nick Saban.  If they did not use it today, they were smart to make that choice.  Trying to sound like Nick Saban does not magically turn you into Nick Saban or have his kind of success. 

One day, I half expect McCoach to accuse the media of feeding his team rat poison.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/nick-saban-believes-rat-poison-from-media-is-invading-alabama-players-heads/

Edited by Peter

He's not going to come out and reverse his decision today on the podium wiping fresh egg off his face. Wasn't going to happen. There is simply no way he can trot Nate Peterman out there on Sunday @ Arrowhead. It had to be LA for a variety of reasons and wasn't even likely to be a long term thing. Taylor will start Sunday and probably until the team is mathematically out of it. Anything less than a very good performance from NP and possibly even a win would have ensured this. The craptacular result makes it a slam dunk. 

4 minutes ago, unclepete said:

People hate Tyrod so much that they’ll find ways excuse a terrible performance and encourage a QB who had the worst start in NFL history. How can he even consider starting Peterman. We thought EJ was bad? 

Ummmm he's not really considering it. The wound is too fresh and he won't slam the kid like that. He will " carefully evaluate " the situation and announce Taylor is starting on  Wednesday. Book it. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Dennison needs to be hammered for the mind numbing play call to throw against a DIME defense with 21 personnel on the field on your own 14 yard line after the QB haa thrown 3 INTs...of cpurse since none of these reporters know crap about football other than Sal I doubt it gets asked...

Yeah, I thought that was a very weird playcall. Not sure why they were in dime tho. Is that a normal defensive alignment in that situation?