UCLA vs USC

bills6969

We need a lot of talent. That is for sure. But that said, it's becoming more and more clear a franchise quarterback is a necessity. I consider the Chiefs #1 almost to be a freebie, because Tre White is a bona fide first rounder regardless of the place in the first round. He would have been a decent if not good choice at 10. If we have to give up three number ones to get Rosen I think I would do it. He's going to be good. Mayfield to me would cost half as much as have half as much chance of being a franchise guy. 

It’s not a steal of a draft to highly value the QB of a top ranked college team.

everyine in football knows he exists, I could ask my 7 year old nephew to find 5 top prospects on google for me and Mayfield  would show up on his list

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

But grew up in PA, if that makes a difference 

then again Rodgers grew up in Cali, played at Cal, and then went on to this career in GB of all places 

So did Brady.

Rosen does throw the better ball but I prefer the guy who can make plays when the play breaks, which is why I prefer Darnold.

4 hours ago, dulles said:

Well, since we aren't the Browns or Niners, I guess I don't need to spend much time watching him anymore!  :) 

Ahh but we can trade with the 9ers who already have their QB, :thumbsup:

Totally confused how anyone could have Darnold over Rosen on their draft board. It's a moot point because Darnold is staying in school but c'mon it's not even close. Darnold looks like a game manager with a horrible wind up and Rosen is a star with flawless mechanics and a rifle arm. If it's because they don't trust Rosen's mental make up that's one thing but on the football field he is the better player

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Totally confused how anyone could have Darnold over Rosen on their draft board. It's a moot point because Darnold is staying in school but c'mon it's not even close. Darnold looks like a game manager with a horrible wind up and Rosen is a star with flawless mechanics and a rifle arm. If it's because they don't trust Rosen's mental make up that's one thing but on the football field he is the better player

Darnold has a super quick release and is pretty mobile.  Plus, he's only a RS sophomore so he has more upside than Rosen.  Rosen is way more polished and NFL ready.

Edited by bills6969

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills should develop that package to get to NO 2 and take Rosen (if both he and Darnold declare) which i think they will. 

We're not going to have enough ammo to trade up that far.  With the QB class this year and Saquon Barkley the top picks in the draft are going to be going for a premium.  Figure another 7-9 or 8-8 season for the Bills and a playoff berth for KC which puts us in the 11-17 range and KC anywhere from 21-32

Figure Cleveland, Giants, and San Fran are fighting for the #1 pick.  The Giants and Browns could both be looking for a QB.  San Fran would want a bonanza to move up for a QB or Barkley

Rest of the Top 10 picks are going to look like Houston, Indy, Chicago, and Tampa.  Not looking for a QB.  Denver, San Diego, and Arizona are going to be looking at the QB class and are in a much better position to move up

In the middle of the draft we also have to contend with the Jets and Miami.  The Redskins could be in the market with the uncertain Cousins situation and Baltimore's eye could wander from Average Joe

Rosen is so, so, so good and wasted on such crappy team.  It makes me sad we don't have a chance to get him. I hope Mora is having his daddy get his next job for him. 

14 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Rosen is the best pure passer in college football by a mile, but I still question his leadership and decision-making skills.  Incredibly immobile too. 

His teammates love him. 

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

We're not going to have enough ammo to trade up that far.  With the QB class this year and Saquon Barkley the top picks in the draft are going to be going for a premium.  Figure another 7-9 or 8-8 season for the Bills and a playoff berth for KC which puts us in the 11-17 range and KC anywhere from 21-32

Figure Cleveland, Giants, and San Fran are fighting for the #1 pick.  The Giants and Browns could both be looking for a QB.  San Fran would want a bonanza to move up for a QB or Barkley

Rest of the Top 10 picks are going to look like Houston, Indy, Chicago, and Tampa.  Not looking for a QB.  Denver, San Diego, and Arizona are going to be looking at the QB class and are in a much better position to move up

In the middle of the draft we also have to contend with the Jets and Miami.  The Redskins could be in the market with the uncertain Cousins situation and Baltimore's eye could wander from Average Joe

Perfect then deal with San Fran or Colts and get Rosen. The package wont be that much look at the Wentz package if you have your QB for 20 year NO ONE will care what it cost

9 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Darnold has a super quick release and is pretty mobile.  Plus, he's only a RS sophomore so he has more upside than Rosen.  Rosen is way more polished and NFL ready.

You do realize they are both from the class of 2015 right?

so it's a moot point that Darnold is a RS Sophomore because Rosen is a  true JR and they are the same class coming out

i don't think he has more upside because he is a RS sophomore 

i think his athleticism can be a huge upside for him

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

You do realize they are both from the class of 2015 right?

so it's a moot point that Darnold is a RS Sophomore because Rosen is a  true JR and they are the same class coming out

i don't think he has more upside because he is a RS sophomore 

i think his athleticism can be a huge upside for him

Rosen has started for 3 years, Darnold 2.

Rosen was bad last year and look at him now, I wouldn't be surprised to see Darnold do the same thing next year.

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Rosen has started for 3 years, Darnold 2.

Rosen was bad last year and look at him now, I wouldn't be surprised to see Darnold do the same thing next year.

Well yea because Rosen has been eligible for 3 years and Darnold only 2 due to RS

and UCLA is a mess. Even after last year Rosen was the number 1 QB after a "bad" year.

They are the same age and  HS class so I dont think their potential should be judged by Darnold having 1 extra year of college eligibility 

i think their gameplay and tools should be the  indicator. And both are gifted in different ways

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well yea because Rosen has been eligible for 3 years and Darnold only 2 due to RS

and UCLA is a mess. Even after last year Rosen was the number 1 QB after a "bad" year.

They are the same age and  HS class so I dont think their potential should be judged by Darnold having 1 extra year of college eligibility 

i think their gameplay and tools should be the  indicator. And both are gifted in different ways

It's not about eligibility it's actual playing experience.

I prefer Darnold long-term because he can make plays when plays break down and can still play in the pocket.

Right now Rosen is better and hope we get him but if not I hope we get Darnold next year if we still haven't found our QB.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.