Cap situation without Tyrod next year

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

There's no guarantee he signs with that team, he'd have no choice if he's traded.  Also, the point of the post that everyone is missing because they are going nuts over someone possibly trading for Tyrod is even if we cut him, we will have at least another 10 million in cap space to work with...btw shotty QBs have been traded in the past.  It's all about finding the right team

That 10 mil goes a long way.  I have a feeling that the team will pouch whichever DT Carolina doesn't retain between Star Loutilie or Kewan Short.  Beane already has an inside track on which player that is going to be.  Again with Taylor i think you are over evaluating Taylor's market value.  He took the pay cut last year because there were not any teams beating down his door.  I guess a conditional pick could be had but the chances are low.  

3 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

There's no guarantee he signs with that team, he'd have no choice if he's traded.  Also, the point of the post that everyone is missing because they are going nuts over someone possibly trading for Tyrod is even if we cut him, we will have at least another 10 million in cap space to work with...btw shotty QBs have been traded in the past.  It's all about finding the right team

Agree.  Beane's willingness to trade player for player adds to the equation.

A lot will depend on how the 2018 Rookie QB Class will be rated.

TT will be on a team in 2018 and probably will be fighting for a #1 position.

On 11/16/2017 at 9:48 AM, Buffalo30 said:

Maybe not, but look at the bigger picture of the post...we will have at least 10 million more to work with if he's gone next year.  However, I've seen Brock Osweiler get traded so...anything can happen

You have the 10M to work with if his option isnt picked up. 

He is not getting traded because every team in NFL and CFL and Highschool and College and Pop Warner know we are not picking up that option

On 11/16/2017 at 10:00 AM, Buffalo30 said:

Name those QBs and dont use Osweiller because Houston gave picks not gained them

On 11/15/2017 at 10:11 PM, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Not to mention the value of choosing where he can go and be less likely to haunt you. 

I'd like to see him on the Jests, two easy wins, load the box, 51-3 go Bills

On 11/15/2017 at 8:45 PM, Buffalo30 said:

Even though it may not look like it, Tyrod is more talented than some of the starting QBs on teams right now.  He may have a market, not for a high pick but who knows.  I've seen worse QBs traded

It doesn't matter.  The Bills don't really care about the cap except when they can use it as an excuse to not re-sign their own players.  They care about actual $$$ they spend.  Taylor is due a bonus of several million at the beginning of the new league year, so he'll be cut before that date.   Since the entire NFL knows how the Bills operate, nobody will offer them anything.  Money ball.

7 minutes ago, SoTier said:

It doesn't matter.  The Bills don't really care about the cap except when they can use it as an excuse to not re-sign their own players.  They care about actual $$$ they spend.  Taylor is due a bonus of several million at the beginning of the new league year, so he'll be cut before that date.   Since the entire NFL knows how the Bills operate, nobody will offer them anything.  Money ball.

They’ve actually been the EXACT opposite in the Pegula era. The Bills don’t operate “cash to the cap” really. They have eaten a ton of real dollars. 

45 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Have you been asleep for 4 years?

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Bills fans think their opinion of Tyrod is widespread. The opposite is true. Most of the NFL seems him as an average QB in a league starved for average QB play. I would expect a 3rd round pick for him, some team that knows they can use his skill set to build a formidable offense.

Edited by HappyDays

On 11/15/2017 at 8:38 PM, TonyBeets said:

Why would anyone trade for TT?

Believe it or not the Bills actually traded a 5th rounder for Matt Cassel at one point...yeah, Matt freaking Cassel!!!  

Surely we can get something for Tyrod

Edited by JaCrispy

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

This is completely wrong.

On 11/16/2017 at 7:48 AM, Buffalo30 said:

Maybe not, but look at the bigger picture of the post...we will have at least 10 million more to work with if he's gone next year.  However, I've seen Brock Osweiler get traded so...anything can happen

I don't see the cap as being an issue next season , even with all the dead space. I think that's part of the plan, take the hit next year. We will have many rookies on the team next season after using all those draft picks, plus the 2nd year players from this years draft. Wouldn't be surprised if KW, McCoy and Glenn are also gone. No cap issues for a while with team in my opinion.

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

I don't see the cap as being an issue next season , even with all the dead space. I think that's part of the plan, take the hit next year. We will have many rookies on the team next season after using all those draft picks, plus the 2nd year players from this years draft. Wouldn't be surprised if KW, McCoy and Glenn are also gone. No cap issues for a while with team in my opinion.

I don't expect him to be the starter...cutting him will allow them to use that space on other guys to keep rebuilding the roster.  Never said we'd have cap trouble, I said we have an opportunity with all the potential cap space to bring in a lot of talent this offseason.  Cutting Tyrod's contract would help that

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

You have the 10M to work with if his option isnt picked up. 

He is not getting traded because every team in NFL and CFL and Highschool and College and Pop Warner know we are not picking up that option

Name those QBs and dont use Osweiller because Houston gave picks not gained them

Matt Flynn was traded by the Seahawks to the Raiders for two conditional draft picks on a bigger contact but the contract was reconstructed to complete the deal...something like this could certainly be an option.  I'm not saying that they definitely will find a trade partner but it could happen.  

11 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I don't expect him to be the starter...cutting him will allow them to use that space on other guys to keep rebuilding the roster.  Never said we'd have cap trouble, I said we have an opportunity with all the potential cap space to bring in a lot of talent this offseason.  Cutting Tyrod's contract would help that

Matt Flynn was traded by the Seahawks to the Raiders for two conditional draft picks on a bigger contact but the contract was reconstructed to complete the deal...something like this could certainly be an option.  I'm not saying that they definitely will find a trade partner but it could happen.  

Flynn was NOT on an 18M contract. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Never said he was man.  Said he was traded and restructured at the same time...

Yes but no team knee he was getting cut.  The entire NFL knows TT is not getting his option picked up. 

Same teams that passed on him last year and why he redid his deal