This is why Tyrod was benched

essential

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...not debating that my friend......despite being riddled with more bullet holes than Bonnie & Clyde 'round these parts, I STILL maintain the lad's biggest impediment is the mental aspect of the game at this level as in reads/progressions, spotting receivers, recognizing defenses, etc., all in the allotted 5 seconds or less....it is NO easy task.....Steve Young (yup, HIM) said it best with "more collegiate QB's fail versus succeed at the NFL level because of the speed and complexity of the game"......do I want Taylor to succeed and live his lifelong dream?...of course....only an asinine POS would wish the lad failure.....can he?....just don't see it after 7 years at this level....

I was in agreement with what you said.  

Just putting my thoughts into it.  

The only way to know is to watch Nate play through the season.  

New “toy” new hope.  

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

32909d1399404372-dart-refocused-looks-li

When will you realize that Tyrod is a mediocre QB (20-18) that will not lead the Bills anywhere? 80%+ of fans get it and our coaching staff (Thanks god) as well.

Even blind people with braille newspapers that read several times after getting destroyed "We just made him play QB" understand our former QB as a starter sucked.

It's really that Black and White but some can't or won't accept change, even when the right decision was finally made.

I'd get it if we were trying to Bench say Alex Smith with a 49-24 record as a starter that took his team to the playoffs 3 out of 4 years (Will most likely be 4 out of 5) as a starter. There is zero comparison to Alex and Tyrod other than maybe their scrambling abilities.

becuz smith didn't primarily ride a defense and run game in san fran and then do basically the same thing until this year in KC?..... just like i said in a prior post. one has had the luxury of elite defense(and elite coaching that i didn't originally mention but cant be ignored) on the other side while the other hasn't. you literally removed all the context out of what i had said. very convenient. good talk bro. you are one of my favorites.

43 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Sad answer to a solid post. Maury would be proud.

this week has really brought out the best.

like i said before. i seriously think tyrods, and the teams, solid start had certain posters squirming becuz they wanted nothing more than to just be right and be rid of him.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

51 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Sad answer to a solid post. Maury would be proud.

I think it was pretty accurate.

10 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

becuz smith didn't primarily ride a defense and run game in san fran and then do basically the same thing until this year in KC?..... just like i said in a prior post. one has had the luxury of elite defense(and elite coaching that i didn't originally mention but cant be ignored) on the other side while the other hasn't. you literally removed all the context out of what i had said. very convenient. good talk bro. you are one of my favorites.

this week has really brought out the best.

like i said before. i seriously think tyrods, and the teams, solid start had certain posters squirming becuz they wanted nothing more than to just be right and be rid of him.

Do you honestly think posters on a Buffalo Bills fan message board don't want the Bills to win and do well?  Serious question.

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

and what exactly are 5th round rookies known for? more good than bad? PUH-LEASE..... i guess this whole argument hinges on if you think a rookie will come in and actually be any good. sorry not buying it.

with that said. my fanhood isn't tied to taylor nor has it been tied to any other player in my life so i wait in anticipation to see what happens tomorrow and will be all in for Peterman or whomever else is starting.... i just find comical that people are buying in so hard on a rook.

Well people bought in on Brian Brohm, Jeff Tuel, and Vince Young so is this surprising?

6 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I think it was pretty accurate.

Do you honestly think posters on a Buffalo Bills fan message board don't want the Bills to win and do well?  Serious question.

Before this week I thought I knew the answer to that but with how quiet certain people were during wins and now with all the I told you so’s with the benching I’m seriously and honestly beginning to wonder. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

Before this week I thought I knew the answer to that but with how quit certain people were during wins and now with all the I told you so’s with the benching I’m seriously and honestly beginning to wonder. 

Let me ask you another question.

Which do you think is more likely?  That posters on a Bills fan message board don't want the Bills to do well or that posters on a Bills fan message board think their QB was a detriment to the Bills doing well?

Because to me, the answer is clearly the latter.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Let me ask you another question.

Which do you think is more likely?  That posters on a Bills fan message board don't want the Bills to do well or that posters on a Bills fan message board think their QB was a detriment to the Bills doing well?

Because to me, the answer is clearly the latter.

do you think taylor was a detriment during the first 7 games as whole? if your answer is yes. then i'd say we're done here becuz there's nothing left to talk about. as we are clearly in 2 different galaxies on the topic.

I prefer to look at taylors season as a whole and not a 2 game sample size. now obviously he had been trending in the wrong direction. but all these people bloviating about how he should have been benched the whole time and wasn't any good all year(I could be mistaken but I feel I've seen such things from you) are just out of their gourds IMO. 

also I find it funny that apparently the majority thinks a 5th round rookie is just gonna step in and out perform him....  like I said in numerous other posts. i'll freaking cheer my ass of for Peterman. i'm not tied to one player on this team but i'm not holding my breath on that notion, my man. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

do you think taylor was a detriment during the first 7 games as whole? if your answer is yes. then i'd say we're done here becuz there's nothing left to talk about. as we are clearly in 2 different galaxies on the topic.

I prefer to look at taylors season as a whole and not a 2 game sample size. now obviously he had been trending in the wrong direction. but all these people bloviating about how he should have been benched the whole time and wasn't any good all year(I could be mistaken but I feel I've seen such things from you) are just out of their gourds IMO. 

also I find it funny that apparently the majority thinks a 5th round rookie is just gonna step in and out perform him....  like I said in numerous other posts. i'll freaking cheer my ass of for Peterman. i'm not tied to one player on this team but i'm not holding my breath on that notion, my man. 

Taylor has played 38 games as a Bill, not just 7 this season.

I am of the opinion TT didn't move the needle either way in the first 7 games this year on the whole, he had bad and good moments.  Which, in the NFL isn't good enough. 

I do think its funny you think that because posters don't agree with your subjective player analysis, you think they want the Bills to lose.  What if you thought Peterman was the best prospect in the 2017 class?  Would everyone who didn't like the benching "want the Bills to lose?"

Just now, jmc12290 said:

Taylor has played 38 games as a Bill, not just 7 this season.

I am of the opinion TT didn't move the needle either way in the first 7 games this year on the whole, he had bad and good moments.  Which, in the NFL isn't good enough. 

I do think its funny you think that because posters don't agree with your subjective player analysis, you think they want the Bills to lose.  What if you thought Peterman was the best prospect in the 2017 class?  Would everyone who didn't like the benching "want the Bills to lose?"

I don't have a very subjective view of taylor at all man.... that's what most of you don't get. you think anyone that doesn't agree with the benching or your view on taylor has a hard on for him. and theres some irony in that after what you just said. I don't think EVERYONE who likes the benching wanted to bills to lose so it would happen. in fact i'm willing to hear a solid argument about it. 

as for my thoughts on taylor.....I wanted the bills to draft a qb high last year or in 18 even if taylor had a solid year. taylor can win games with support. he's been efficient and makes the occasional big play. when the defense was playing well we saw how valuable his type of efficient mistake free football can be. a recipe for success when the defense and run game shows up. when it doesn't we lose becuz he's just not good enough to carry that burden. the problem I see is when those other breakdowns happen all of sudden taylor sucks and has the whole time and "I told you so" and blah blah blah "I was right you were wrong"  "he's been figured out" "he'll never win another game"....... meanwhile there are plenty of those people that weren't anywhere to be found 2 weeks ago.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/15/2017 at 7:22 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

All accurate...all makes sense and agree that this is not only the biggest issue with TT, but also the reason they are making the change.  

I stated in another thread that there were 2 take aways from the mop up duty by Peterman against the Saints, one on each side of the fence.

1. Dont put too much stock in mop up duty in an unwindable game with no D starters and soft scheme just there to keep people healthy and run out the clock.
  2. Dont underestimate the quick drop and fire ability and confidence Peterman showed.  

While never good to over value mop up duty where there is little effort to really stop the offense, the key take away is what Peterman both effectively showed the ability and confidence to drop back and fire, something TT does not do well.  That to me was the moment the TT seat really heated up.   

There was actually some tight coverage on the WRs when Peterman was in there.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I don't have a very subjective view of taylor at all man.... that's what most of you don't get. you think anyone that doesn't agree with the benching or your view on taylor has a hard on for him. and theres some irony in that after what you just said. I don't think EVERYONE who likes the benching wanted to bills to lose so it would happen. in fact i'm willing to hear a solid argument about it. 

as for my thoughts on taylor.....I wanted the bills to draft a qb high last year or in 18 even if taylor had a solid year. taylor can win games with support. he's been efficient and makes the occasional big play. when the defense was playing well we saw how valuable his type of efficient mistake free football can be. a recipe for success when the defense and run game shows up. when it doesn't we lose becuz he's just not good enough to carry that burden. the problem I see is when those other breakdowns happen all of sudden taylor sucks and has the whole time and "I told you so" and blah blah blah "I was right you were wrong"  "he's been figured out" "he'll never win another game"....... meanwhile there are plenty of those people that weren't anywhere to be found 2 weeks ago.

Every view on Taylor is subjective.

These last two weeks proved that if you keep Tyrod in the pocket, he's a 2nd string quarterback at best.  He's always been a frustrating player to evaluate because with his scrambling ability he can make plays out of nothing that even Russell Wilson can't make and he doesn't commit many turnovers keeping us in games if our defense plays well. 

However, he doesn't go through his progressions fast enough (he'll often scramble if his first two options aren't there), he's unable to come from behind when we're down double digits when our offense has to become one dimensional, he still has trouble reading defenses. and his insistence on only throwing to somebody when they're open and immediately goes to the check down prevents potential big plays.  This guy will never lead you to the promise land unless you have the '85 Bears or '00 Ravens quality defense.  It's time to move on and see if Peterman's the answer.

What made Taylor dynamic -- his ability to throw the long ball and run for a first down -- has been diminished.  Not sure whether that was due to coaching, WR talent or defenses adjusting, but that is what is causing him to struggle this year in my opinion.  

Wish they could have brought Greg Roman back this year...

51 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

What made Taylor dynamic -- his ability to throw the long ball and run for a first down -- has been diminished.  Not sure whether that was due to coaching, WR talent or defenses adjusting, but that is what is causing him to struggle this year in my opinion.  

Wish they could have brought Greg Roman back this year...

Or kept Anthony Lynn ?
we got what we got.

Lets just hope we see significant adjustments via Coaching > playcalling.

Poor Nate has his work cut out for him.
Coaching is everything. ThenTalent.

46 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Or kept Anthony Lynn ?
we got what we got.

Lets just hope we see significant adjustments via Coaching > playcalling.

Poor Nate has his work cut out for him.
Coaching is everything. ThenTalent.

Why would we want to keep Lynn?  The guy has a top defense and Philip Rivers.  He only won 3 games.

9 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere on TBD. This article suggests Dennison posted an ultimatum to McDermott “Taylor or me.”

http://us.blastingnews.com/sports/2017/11/real-reason-why-buffalo-bills-benched-tyrod-taylor-emerges-002176861.html

That’s pretty interesting. The source is Buffalo Fanatics and they have definitely had the inside scoop before. It makes a lot of sense.

10 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere on TBD. This article suggests Dennison posted an ultimatum to McDermott “Taylor or me.”

http://us.blastingnews.com/sports/2017/11/real-reason-why-buffalo-bills-benched-tyrod-taylor-emerges-002176861.html

Sometimes you just need to know what not to read or believe.