Los Angeles is an embarrassment

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I live in LA...there is MORE to this story.

1.  Have you ever been to a game at the Coliseum?  I have, and was even at the Bills/Rams game last year as well as various USC games.  It sucks.  Its cool from a history point of view, but its a pain in the ass to get there, to uber there, uber out of there, park, etc.  And once you are there, its hot as hell, super uncomfortable to sit in, even steep, tall, and crooked stairs to get up and down to the tunnels.  

2.  New stadium will be 100 times better in all those regards in a much easier location to get to with proper parking, amenities, and fan experience.  Once that is open, you will see this stadium much fuller.  

3.  Rams havent been here long, lots of people have still been wondering if it was fools gold or is this team really this good.  As they continue to keep rolling, you will see this fan base start to rally as they start to believe.  

4.  LA was always a bigger Raider town than Rams town...it will take time for the Rams to fully reestablish themselves.  Chargers on the other hand are in trouble...as the 2nd team and long time rival to LA's Raider fan base, they will have a much harder time establishing a home here.

I have several friends with season tickets, and they often sell or give them away unless its a big game because its so inconvenient and uncomfortable to go to the stadium.  USC sells out because it has a rabid college fan base and a long time institution.  Things will changes as the Rams reestablish themselves.

A7, you summed it up, per usual.

Once the nice new, cushy stadium opens, you'll see a LOT more people at the games.  I haven't seen an even at the Coliseum in like 8 years and it suuuuuucked then - can't imagine it somehow got better.  No one wants to spend to go there for a day.

People in LA love their amenities - the new digs will have plenty!  Bars, food, seats, TVs, tech and on and on AND it'll be a shiny new toy.

I'm interested to see the game in LA (StubHub Center) this weekend - I'm going JUST because it's a once-in-a-lifetime! :D   Guessing there's going to be a lot of Bills fans in the house! :beer:

22 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

When it comes to the LA Rams, the only thing I think about or care about is how they have proven that Woods & watkins (especially Woods) were good picks at receiver that would have been good enough to build a passing offense around as was intended when they were drafted in consecutive years.................... if we ever had a decent QB.  Robert Woods was the most polished & well-rounded receiver we had drafted since Eric Moulds and he went to complete waste. Sickening

And I've also come to realize that part of the reason our receivers kept getting hurt in Buffalo probably has something to do with how our QBs frequently throw passes to our receivers with a defender positioned to lay the smackdown right after they catch it.

Perfectly stated BobB. Our WRS had to deal with a nightmare. QBs who had zero instinct about when and where to throw a pass and hit a guy in stride. Floating passes up there where the WR could get clobbered....-Right now the rams are using Sammy as a secret weapon.They know how good he is. Kinda like the dolphins used Paul Warfield--very few receptions but huge YPC..and kept the DBs from cheating.

18 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I'll say it again today.

We are in no way, shape or form to call any other team horrible or an embarrassment after these last 2 games. 

I believe the OP was referring to LA as a fanbase and market,  not the team itself.  I tend to agree that the Bills fanbase - the most loyal group of people in the world - is justified in calling out the Rams "fanbase" for half empty stadiums when the product on the field is doing very well.  

Edited by Sig1Hunter

5 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I believe the OP was referring to LA as a fanbase and market,  not the team itself.  I tend to agree that the Bills fanbase - the most loyal group of people in the world - is justified in calling out the Rams "fanbase" for half empty stadiums when the product on the field is doing very well.  

I get what you are saying ... 

Lets look at it like this...   If the Bills were to move... How many Loyal Bills Fans would remain Loyal.  

I believe there was a thread that asked " what would it take for you to give up on this team?"   The Top reply may have been moving the team. 

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

What is an embarrassment IMO is that the NFL allowed teams to move without proper stadiums to play in believing projected timetables.

Are you trying to say that you don't think a big construction project will finish on time? I bet you also don't believe it will come in on budget!

On 11/12/2017 at 8:48 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So why bother putting a team there? If they aren't going they aren't watching either.

St. Louis Rams value - $1.45 billion

L.A. Rams value - $2.9 billion

Purely because of location.

What more incentive does one need? 

16 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont know how anyone can have watched this team for the last eighteen years and think that Gilmore, Dareus, Woods, or Watkins mean anything.   They are just the latest in a long long line of players who played on talented teams without a quarterback.    We didnt win with them and we wont win without them unless they find a quarterback.  I could care less if they are gone, they simply dont matter.

Woods and Watkins are playing with a first overall pick at quarterback

Gilmore is playing with Brady

and Dareus is on a Jaguars team who has the benefit of playing in a division where they play Tom Savage and Jacboy Brissett four games during the season.    Next year will be a much different story for them, unless they find a quarterback.  You cant rely on defense, you cant.

LA may not deserve a good team, but by the end of year they will have two.  The Chargers are about to go on a run.   And at that point someone will say "OMG why didnt we keep Anthony Lynn as Head Coach."   Coaches dont matter, wideouts dont matter, fat defensive tackles dont matter...GET A QUARTERBACK!

Agree with everything you have said except San Diego is going on a run.  The Chargers needed to win last week & they gave yet another game away.  Their margin for error now is -0- & with Rivers hurt I see them going in the tank.

20 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Agree with everything you have said except San Diego is going on a run.  The Chargers needed to win last week & they gave yet another game away.  Their margin for error now is -0- & with Rivers hurt I see them going in the tank.

We will have to see what happens with Rivers, but they dont have a tough remaining schedule.  They have us, Cowboys without Zeke, Cleveland, Washington, KC, Oakland, and NYJ to round out the season.  If Rivers plays they have a chance in all but maybe the KC game which would get them to 9 and 7.   They are in a very similar situation to Buffalo. I  The game this weekend is huge for the playoff push.  Bills win and they have a 76% chance.  

Edited by thenorthremembers

15 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

LOL! Loyal to torches and pitchforks yes.

On 11/13/2017 at 12:39 AM, BigDingus said:

it's crazy to think that the team Rex inherited was so damn talented, but he ran it into the gutter with McBeane finishing it off by getting rid of all the young talent. It's going to be fun wasting all these draft picks just to replace all  those same positions... Doesn't really feel like we're "building" anything, just standing in place. 

We were a QB away from being really good...but since then we've gotten much OLDER and regressed far too much. 

God man you read my mind on the ride home from work, I was going to post pretty much the exact same thing. For all the BS Whaley got we were a decent HC and QB away from some serious damage. Rex really F'd up this team hardcore in so many ways.

On 11/13/2017 at 1:34 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Chargers on the other hand are in trouble...as the 2nd team and long time rival to LA's Raider fan base, they will have a much harder time establishing a home here.

That's what I think.  Chargers eventually go back to SD.

14 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

That's what I think.  Chargers eventually go back to SD.

I wonder what this was about:

Arash MarkaziESPN Senior Writer 

Stan Kroenke, Dean Spanos, Robert Kraft and Roger Goodell have left the groundbreaking ceremony and will not address the media.

On 11/12/2017 at 11:23 PM, Paulus said:

This.

Plus, the Coliseum expierence sucks more than anyone on this board is aware of.

Worst ghetto stadium in the NFL. Even for SC games. There are approximately 10-12k Charger fans in LA/OC. When Rivers calls it this team will be toast. The Rams on the other hand are intriguing and compelling with these young talented players.