Players taking a liking to Benjamin

Buffalo716

15 hours ago, Doc said:

Hey, just where is that “Is this is the worst receiving corps ever” thread? 

Amazing what a few in season additions like Benjamin and Thompson can do.

I still think though that part of the reason Beane and McD made this move is so they can truly evaluate Taylor down the stretch and determine whether or not he'll be back in Buffalo next year. Because if this offense continues to struggle and post the same type of numbers in the passing game then you have to take a hard look at the QB situation and realize it's simply not working.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I still think though that part of the reason Beane and McD made this move is so they can truly evaluate Taylor down the stretch and determine whether or not he'll be back in Buffalo next year. Because if this offense continues to struggle and post the same type of numbers in the passing game then you have to take a hard look at the QB situation and realize it's simply not working.

I think the moves were done first and foremost to bolster a deficient area of the team, but that it will also allow them to evaluate TT to see if he's worth keeping around.  Like I said before, there are no more excuses as the skill positions are loaded with talent.

3 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Thanks for the denier POV. Another more rational way to look at it is they thought, we don't have any receivers for him, and if we did we would play better and score more because he's doing pretty damn good without any. So they got DT and he immediately responded. They scratched their chins and thought, hmmm, maybe we are onto something here and got an even better one.

21 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

I am trying to figure out why anyone would even say this.....

Justin Hunter....TT did this with Hunter who does not have half the talent of Kelvin Benjamen

This is a much different offense....   Tyrod won't be the QB next year unless they go deep in the playoffs imo.  This trade was primarily for next year.

22 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Amazing transformation in our WR corps in one year,  I never could have predicted it. They already have Benjamin penciled in as a starter, maybe take some pressure off of Zay Jones.

Just for laughs I would like to see them go five wide on one play, Tyrod out of the shotgun rolling out running for his life see who can get open..pretty much the opposite of our current offensive strategy.

We also could have had Watkins, Boldin, Jones, and Holmes. 

But it of course they should like KB. He can be a stud.  But it is funny that with all the talk of character, they acquired a guy who certainly not had the best football character.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

But it of course they should like KB. He can be a stud.  But it is funny that with all the talk of character, they acquired a guy who certainly not had the best football character.

I have never heard of KB being a bad teammate

in fact everybody from the panthers and Bills all talk about how he is team first

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I have never heard of KB being a bad teammate

in fact everybody from the panthers and Bills all talk about how he is team first

I’d argue showing up 30 lbs overweight is being a bad teammate. And guys like Karlos Williams.  But if you’re not ready to physically play because you were lazy, you are hurting the team.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’d argue showing up 30 lbs overweight is being a bad teammate. And guys like Karlos Williams.  But if you’re not ready to physically play because you were lazy, you are hurting the team.

Good to see you biscuit!

FWIW he didn't show up to camp overweight he ballooned and showed up to minicamp in May over weight.  No reports that I could find of him reporting to camp heavy.

1 minute ago, section122 said:

Good to see you biscuit!

FWIW he didn't show up to camp overweight he ballooned and showed up to minicamp in May over weight.  No reports that I could find of him reporting to camp heavy.

You too buddy. You’re looking good on Cam so far.  

But imagine if if this happened with Sammy. One thing I try to do is be consistent.  

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You too buddy. You’re looking good on Cam so far.  

But imagine if if this happened with Sammy. One thing I try to do is be consistent.  

Oh yeah not a good look for sure just wanted to clarify it a bit.  Reminiscent of finding out Stevie Johnson didn't work out in the offseason.  

As good as I look on Cam I look terrible on my Wentz bet.  You might even say I'm being pantsed on that one! :lol:

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Perhaps Sammy could become a stud as well.^_^

21 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think it was voluntary OTAs and his mom had just passed away. He's known as good guy and teammate.

13 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I think it was voluntary OTAs and his mom had just passed away. He's known as good guy and teammate.

Well that definitely explains it more and I feel terrible for him.  But let’s be honest. Fans and more importantly NFL executive honestly don’t care.  It’s a ln awful and cold business.  Stevie Johnson played the day after his mom died and we traded him in the offseason. Most fans don’t care about all the death Dareus went through and just call him a fat ass.

some fans and most NFL coaches/ FO people are as heartless as they come. If you don’t produce, they want you gone.

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well that definitely explains it more and I feel terrible for him.  But let’s be honest. Fans and more importantly NFL executive honestly don’t care.  It’s a ln awful and cold business.  Stevie Johnson played the day after his mom died and we traded him in the offseason. Most fans don’t care about all the death Dareus went through and just call him a fat ass.

some fans and most NFL coaches/ FO people are as heartless as they come. If you don’t produce, they want you gone.

I remember most fans being sympathetic to Dareus’s situation... 4 years ago. But it got old quick. I don’t hold one bad opening to training camp against Benjamin, by all accounts he has been a model teammate in every other respect. There’s no comparison to Dareus at all.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But jumping on a guy for being overweight in camp and then extrapolating that to him having bad character when he never showed up to training camp overweight is the fan's fault for not paying attention. He's known to be just the opposite of what you said.