Adolphus Washington increasing his production along DL

YoloinOhio

Given the scheme and the coach we have, we need two major improvements: 1) better D line coaching. We got young guys like Shaq and A. Washington who SHOULD be developing and getting better. They are not growing in their 2nd/3rd year. Teaching's been CRAP. Improve the coaching  2) We will need to draft and / or sign at least 1 very good interior lineman. Kyle is old, and may NOT return return next year. A.W. and other guys aren't the caliber that Kyle and pro-bowl form Dareus. That spells trouble for this defense-focused team. 

Next off-season, this high-priced and highly-touted front-office collection of potential GMs will have to prove their mettle. I'm looking forward to it.

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Excuse me. Replacing Dareus.

Marcell wasn't the Marcell of 2014. That's for sure, but he was starting to play better probably because he was starting to get into game shape... And the difference between when he was in there vs when he wasn't had made a difference in stopping the run game. 

Do you have an opinion yet? Or are you just going to write more about how you don't have an opinion?

I don’t have an opinion because I haven’t watched him enough to form an accurate one.   You know that not every single post has to have an opinion....are you aware of how conversations can work?

Can you let everyone know, again, how much you hate the Dareus and Watkins trade?   We haven’t heard it enough.

29 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Excuse me. Replacing Dareus.

Marcell wasn't the Marcell of 2014. That's for sure, but he was starting to play better probably because he was starting to get into game shape... And the difference between when he was in there vs when he wasn't had made a difference in stopping the run game. 

Do you have an opinion yet? Or are you just going to write more about how you don't have an opinion?

Except for the jets game we have done a pretty good job at run stop

Once again.....I say that the loss of Marcel is going to be felt....but is he really 100 million dollars felt.

Simply put....in the offeseason we could get a fatboy nose to clog running lanes if that is what they want their DT's to do (it isnt....which is why they are moving away from Marcel)

28 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure why the trade couldn't have waited till the season was through... when Dareus stock would probably be higher. 

The trade didnt improve the team and what good is cap room and a 6th round pick in October?

Scott,

Hasnt this been over enough?   The bills have been looking to trade him for a while now....and found a buyer.  WHO KNOWS if someone would have been willing to trade for marcel at that time.

Its just part of the process....getting rid of guys that dont fit the program as they start to bring in guys that do.

29 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure why the trade couldn't have waited till the season was through... when Dareus stock would probably be higher. 

The trade didnt improve the team and what good is cap room and a 6th round pick in October?

Perhaps they were afraid that the defense would be less mentally tough with him in there.........you know........like they were in the Jets game without him on Thursday.:devil:

Yeah I think they thought they were striking while the iron was hot or something but it really didn't add up and the first game where they face legit NFL running backs without him they got destroyed.    Makes you wonder what the Raiders game might have looked like if Beastmode hadn't been suspended.    

42 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Out of all your posts, I swear half of them are the same thing. You and JRober38 are the same. Its over, we need to move on. 

Adolphus is one of those starters you're trying to improve but never really trying to get rid of.

4 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

My biggest problem with Adolphus is he was supposed to be a pass rushing DT

Where is it?

Agreed.   Unfortunately, his draft profile appears to be who he is:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/adolphus-washington?id=2555235

BOTTOM LINE:   Washington has the size and athleticism that should get him taken within the first two days of the draft, but his issues with contact balance might be something that always hinders his ability to reach his true potential. Washington can become an effective interior pass rusher if he can force himself to play with better knee bend, but he must play with more consistent urgency or could turn into just another guy in the rotation rather than a full-­time starter.

3 minutes ago, teef said:

i think it's nice that you guys are trying to explain things to scott.

I agree. and this is why we have this nifty "like" button !

Washington has shown me nothing so far. Not sure i liked him when drafted either. But held no bias.

Keep watching and waiting.

Lawson and Adolphus need to get into  the groove and soon

we need two Tackles next season. Kyle should be okay to retire by then.

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Out of all your posts, I swear half of them are the same thing. You and JRober38 are the same. Its over, we need to move on. 

Adolphus is one of those starters you're trying to improve but never really trying to get rid of.

Are you playing Sunday or something?:lol:

What impact will moving on have........I mean other than perhaps easing your stress over the topic.

Some of you guys are a bit too caught up in the process.

You ain't lacing them up Sunday don't worry about your focus.......cuz you aren't part of the process......just an observer.

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Well....given that DT depth took a big hit with Dareus' departure, his increase in playing time is sort of by default rather than merit.   

Not sure we got better here...

Exactly,  there's nothing about AW that exites me.  More depth than starter.

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Scott's post is in the past........we need to move on.    What did Teeflebees change his name to?

but scott's post doesn't make this board any better in november.  how does it help the board now?

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sean McDermott always had a rotation in Carolina and it didn't hurt their pass rush.

In his 6 seasons, the Panthers finished in sacks: 2nd, 6th, 13th, 1st, 9th and 25th.  

The Bills used a rotation under Schwartz in 2014 and we finished 1st.

I think fresh bodies helps both in the run and the pass.

It can help late in the game with fresh bodies. However it can also hurt the games that DEs play against the OTs. Point remains obviously there is no pressure and hasnt been for a long time maybe they should relook the rotation

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Washington would have made a beastly sack against the Jets if not for the stupid and unnecessary facemask.

Either way we need somebody in the front seven to emerge from the scrapheap in the 2nd half of the season or we certainly aren't going anywhere.

That wasnt Washington if we are thinking thr same facemask