Best and Worst Travel Experiences

Only been out of two to Miami and both times felt like a partial Bills home game with how many of our fans travel there. The Miami fans were actually really fun to hang with also though. Tailgating in November with Palm Tree's and 70 degree weather was a nice change to say the least. My wife went to the new Jets stadium when it opened and the fans she said were actually just boring in general nothing bad or good, probably the coolest thing was the fans throw paper airplanes all game haha.

Worst thing I have seen at the Ralph was the Ravens game in 2013. In the mens room two Ravens fans were leaving the stall and one of our dumb@ss fans knocked their beer out for no reason. I went over and gave them money for new beer which the mens room cheered for and booed our idiot, but still zero reason to literally knock someones drink in the bathroom no less just for wearing the wrong colors. I hated how it made us look.

Worst travel experience in general: Poland in 2016. Unknowing had some cheese that was unpasteurized for dinner (they dont do the same with dairy over there) the wife and I got food poisoning and were sick with everything coming out all night into morning. Had to go to Auschwitz that morning for the tour we had scheduled and we were still partially sick.

Never personally had a bad experience travelling to away games (other than the outcomes of most of the games).  I've seen many fights, but the closest I ever got to being in a fight was on the concourse at halftime of the playoff game in Pittsburgh the week after The Comeback.  I always wear my Bills colors, but am always respectful and try to establish mutual respect with surrounding fans early in the process.  I root for my team but not obnoxiously and don't overdo it when something bad happens for the home team.

In Chicago, a car with Bills stickers on it had a garbage can overturned on the hood - that sucked.

Notable highlight: After the overtime loss in Baltimore I had a girl run up and hug me after the game saying it was hug a Bills fan day.

18 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Only been out of two to Miami and both times felt like a partial Bills home game with how many of our fans travel there. The Miami fans were actually really fun to hang with also though. Tailgating in November with Palm Tree's and 70 degree weather was a nice change to say the least. My wife went to the new Jets stadium when it opened and the fans she said were actually just boring in general nothing bad or good, probably the coolest thing was the fans throw paper airplanes all game haha.

Worst thing I have seen at the Ralph was the Ravens game in 2013. In the mens room two Ravens fans were leaving the stall and one of our dumb@ss fans knocked their beer out for no reason. I went over and gave them money for new beer which the mens room cheered for and booed our idiot, but still zero reason to literally knock someones drink in the bathroom no less just for wearing the wrong colors. I hated how it made us look.

Worst travel experience in general: Poland in 2016. Unknowing had some cheese that was unpasteurized for dinner (they dont do the same with dairy over there) the wife and I got food poisoning and were sick with everything coming out all night into morning. Had to go to Auschwitz that morning for the tour we had scheduled and we were still partially sick.

Went to Miami for a road game in full Bills attire.  Expected to get treated like crap like the Bills fans treat fans of the other team.  Total opposite.  I could have run through the stadium giving the double finger salute and nobody would have done a thing.  Totally polite fans.  I actually wished they were a little more into the game.  It was a little too laid back. Unfortunately  Moron Mike Mularky couldn't hold on to a double digit lead in the 4th and we lost. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=251204015

Edited by Badthingsman

14 minutes ago, corta765 said:

O

Haha on the cheese. For our honeymoon, we traveled to Budapest soon after Hungary had exited the Soviet Bloc. On train from Budapest to Vienna, ordered only thing I could discern on the menu, which i thought was a grilled cheese. Came back as a two inch hunk of cheese with some mold spots between two rock hard pieces of cold bread, and an inch of mayonnaise slathered on top.

Needless to say, waited till we hit Vienna for breakfast!

7 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Never personally had a bad experience travelling to away games (other than the outcomes of most of the games).  I've seen many fights, but the closest I ever got to being in a fight was on the concourse at halftime of the playoff game in Pittsburgh the week after The Comeback.  I always wear my Bills colors, but am always respectful and try to establish mutual respect with surrounding fans early in the process.  I root for my team but not obnoxiously and don't overdo it when something bad happens for the home team.

In Chicago, a car with Bills stickers on it had a garbage can overturned on the hood - that sucked.

Notable highlight: After the overtime loss in Baltimore I had a girl run up and hug me after the game saying it was hug a Bills fan day.

damn, i was at both these games as well

Worst experience: The Cardinals game that Edwards got knocked out of. I live in Vegas, stayed in Lake Havasu Saturday night for a bachelorette party, overslept Sunday morning ... drove several hours to Glendale having to pull over 3 or 4 times to throw up on the side of the road thanks to what is still the worst hangover of my life. Turns out my best friend is a terrible navigator and we passed up the turn off for the stadium (this was before GPS was readily available on cell phones). Arrived late to the game, running through the parking lot I hear the announcers saying JP Losman's name and we were already losing. Im not a big **** talker when it comes to football ... I guess as a Bills fan you don't really have a lot of room and the Cardinal fans were on one and I was blown away because well ... it's the Cardinals. I saw more fights between drunk Bills fans than anything. I ended up leaving mid-way through the 4th quarter. I did have the greatest Subway sammich of my life though on the 5 hour drive home ... so there was that. ?

Yet to have a great experience as the other games I've been to were the RJ vs Flutie in San Diego (I did get a photo op with Steve Christie) and last year Bills @ Rams. Not bad, but not great either.

Green bay will always be the best away trip. Fans are super awesome, partying with them the night before the game at a local steakhouse, right before the game, and after the game (they're even friendlier when the Packers win lol). Worst will always be the Jets/Meadowlands, and I live in NJ. Will never go anymore.

The meadowlands were probably the best and worst for me.  Giants fans are mostly old men with their grandchildren.  Very gracious and nice people.  The Jets fans, on the other hand, aren't very gracious and nice people.  I was wearing a Bills hat (too cold to for a jersey) and was constantly harassed.  Didn't help that I sat in that idiot Fireman Ed's section, either, where the DB'ery seemed to be intensified. 

I have also been to TB and Miami for road games. The TB fans there were cool but didn't seem to know much about football, but they drank like Bills fans.  I couldn't believe how many empty seats there were in Miami, what a joke of a fanbase. 

2 hours ago, Badthingsman said:

Went to Miami for a road game in full Bills attire.  Expected to get treated like crap like the Bills fans treat fans of the other team.  Total opposite.  I could have run through the stadium giving the double finger salute and nobody would have done a thing.  Totally polite fans.  I actually wished they were a little more into the game.  It was a little too laid back. Unfortunately  Moron Mike Mularky couldn't hold on to a double digit lead in the 4th and we lost. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=251204015

Yea same when we went last year. Stadium was 60% full half Bills fans right up until Ajayi had that big TD run. Then It filled up to about 85% capacity their fans actually cheered and I got very sad as we blew a 10 pt lead. I actually thought while the stadium is nice and the upgrades look good the concourse is frankly not as nice as the Ralph. Just my .02's

2 hours ago, LVGrown said:

Worst experience: The Cardinals game that Edwards got knocked out of. I live in Vegas, stayed in Lake Havasu Saturday night for a bachelorette party, overslept Sunday morning ... drove several hours to Glendale having to pull over 3 or 4 times to throw up on the side of the road thanks to what is still the worst hangover of my life. Turns out my best friend is a terrible navigator and we passed up the turn off for the stadium (this was before GPS was readily available on cell phones). Arrived late to the game, running through the parking lot I hear the announcers saying JP Losman's name and we were already losing. Im not a big **** talker when it comes to football ... I guess as a Bills fan you don't really have a lot of room and the Cardinal fans were on one and I was blown away because well ... it's the Cardinals. I saw more fights between drunk Bills fans than anything. I ended up leaving mid-way through the 4th quarter. I did have the greatest Subway sammich of my life though on the 5 hour drive home ... so there was that. ?

Yet to have a great experience as the other games I've been to were the RJ vs Flutie in San Diego (I did get a photo op with Steve Christie) and last year Bills @ Rams. Not bad, but not great either.

This story is awesome! Now , we need more women like you Hammers lot( I assume you are woman?) See you have never been to game in Buffalo, you should 100% plan the home playoff game this year!

If not that game, the home opener next year!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I was at that Pitt game also and the only thing that happened to us was one Steeler fan tried to spit on us on the way in...fortunately, the bastard missed.

Before the game, we were on WHAM, who was broadcasting from a bar across the street from the stadium.  After the game, we were just walking to our car and came across the Kelly clan and Papa Joe Kelly invited us over to partake in food and beverages.  What a super guy he was!  Saw Jim briefly as he was being heckled by Steeler fans walking in the parking lot to the RV.  Jim pretty much ignored them and spent his time in the RV with his family.

I went to a ND v Michigan game in Ann Arbor with a bunch of friends and we sat in the student section because we had friends who went to Michigan. Students threw AAA batteries at us the whole game. I guess that's a thing they do?  Got a couple of nicks on my head. Before you even ask - yes I was wearing a ND jersey and no I regret nothing.

2 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

I was at that Pitt game also and the only thing that happened to us was one Steeler fan tried to spit on us on the way in...fortunately, the bastard missed.

Before the game, we were on WHAM, who was broadcasting from a bar across the street from the stadium.  After the game, we were just walking to our car and came across the Kelly clan and Papa Joe Kelly invited us over to partake in food and beverages.  What a super guy he was!  Saw Jim briefly as he was being heckled by Steeler fans walking in the parking lot to the RV.  Jim pretty much ignored them and spent his time in the RV with his family.

We were parked very close to that RV.  A couple of the Jills were in there too...

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I went to a ND v Michigan game in Ann Arbor with a bunch of friends and we sat in the student section because we had friends who went to Michigan. Students threw AAA batteries at us the whole game. I guess that's a thing they do?  Got a couple of nicks on my head. Before you even ask - yes I was wearing a ND jersey and no I regret nothing.

Never saw a single incident in over 100 games at The Big House.

Can't speak for the student section, but not a single incident.

39 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Never saw a single incident in over 100 games at The Big House.

Can't speak for the student section, but not a single incident.

Student sections tend to be much worse than sitting in the regular crowd. Michigan State was almost as bad.

21 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

This story is awesome! Now , we need more women like you Hammers lot( I assume you are woman?) See you have never been to game in Buffalo, you should 100% plan the home playoff game this year!

If not that game, the home opener next year!

It was definitely an epic experience that I can laugh about now, but at the time, followed by how that season played out ... ugh!

Yes sir, woman here and never been to Buffalo (which confuses people on how I became a die-hard Bills fan while being born and raised in a desert). My 1B bucket list item is a home playoff game in Buffalo. I will do everything in my power to be there this season if the Bills make it happen and Hammer's lot is a must. 

9 hours ago, LVGrown said:

It was definitely an epic experience that I can laugh about now, but at the time, followed by how that season played out ... ugh!

Yes sir, woman here and never been to Buffalo (which confuses people on how I became a die-hard Bills fan while being born and raised in a desert). My 1B bucket list item is a home playoff game in Buffalo. I will do everything in my power to be there this season if the Bills make it happen and Hammer's lot is a must. 

Don't leave us hanging, whats the story on how you became a Bills fan? 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LVGrown said:

Ha! That’s been on a lot of our lists...for a long, long, looooong time. :huh:

But again you leave us hanging....1A? 

3 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Don't leave us hanging, whats the story on how you became a Bills fan? 

January 27th, 1991. EVERYBODY was rooting for the Giants and me being the 10 year old rebel I was rooted my ass off for the Bills. I couldn't tell you one thing about football before that day. By the next Super Bowl I was a complete know it all, started betting with my uncle's and the rest is history. 

• Like (+1) 2