To Anyone Saying "Too Early For Wild Card Talk"

4 hours ago, Augie said:

OK, I can’t go anywhere today without seeing people selling Christmas trees and such, so I guess it’s fine to talk Wild Card. Maybe next year we can begin in training camp, with the draft being the starting point the year after.

It's not even Thanksgiving yet!

How many !@#$ing times can a person hear jingle bells, deck the halls, etc before going crazy? I think the walmart in my town will find out.

Wild Card talk??.... You must be kidding me... After the humiliation against the Jets... for a national audience... the Bills have something to prove against the Saints... Win or lose, the team needs to show up and play hard from the first snap to the last snap...

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'd rather worry about winning the division, first.  We still have to play NE and Miami 2x.  We take care of our own business, the rest should take care of itself.

Everyone should have this attitude right now?One game at a time starting with a beating of New Orleans!!

I read a book once that categorized people based on their main focus: past, present and future. Thought that was a cool perspective and I know people I can put in each category.

Me, I'm present focused. We are 5-3, but coming off a demoralizing loss and what matters most to me is Sunday and getting back on track.

Doesn't mean that I dismiss the gloom and doom of the past 17 years or that it doesn't creep into my present day mind set. It does.  

Also doesn't mean that I dismiss winning the AFC East or making the playoffs as a possibility either because of the Pats sustained success, the schedule ahead or any other reason.

Also doesn't mean I can't envision winning the AFC East or making the playoffs.

Winning or losing on Sunday will not clinch or eliminate us from the post-season.

So present day guy says win Sunday!  

Because it would be better than losing.

EDIT: oops...to answer the OP's question: it's too early to talk Wild Card. Why sell ourselves short?

Edited by SinceThe70s

It's not too early for wild card talk.

It's too early for wild card talk that's anything but hot air and raw guesswork. But if hot air and raw guesswork work for you, you shouldn't hold back.

The time for wild card talk that's sensible is when  fairly large group of teams have been eliminated and the division pictures start to become clear. But hey, some people like to try to imagine details of the world 20 years from now, and if that kind of nutsy guesswork makes you happy, there's nothing wrong with it.

Edited by Thurman#1

13 hours ago, Marty McFly said:

We need to win the afc conference games. If we do lose to a Saints team that is playing good rite now, i could see this board losing it.

I see this Sunday as a free swing.  An important game if we want to get to 10 wins but in terms of our playoff chances 9-7 with the right conference wins is probably good enough.  So there will be no crying about another lost season from me if we lost to the Saints..... lose to the Chargers the following week though and I am promising nothing :)

Edited by GunnerBill

16 hours ago, Kemp2Warlick said:

To early for wild card talk....:P

Haha, yeah we should wait till week 14 when we are out of the picture but we are listed "still in the hunt" along with every other AFC team besides Cleveland.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I see this Sunday as a free swing.  An important game if we want to get to 10 wins but in terms of our playoff chances 9-7 with the right conference wins is probably good enough.  So there will be no crying about another lost season from me if we lost to the Saints..... lose to the Chargers the following week though and I am promising nothing :)

This is where I am...until it's tied with 5 minutes to go and panic attack sets in

12 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I read a book once that categorized people based on their main focus: past, present and future. Thought that was a cool perspective and I know people I can put in each category.

Me, I'm present focused. We are 5-3, but coming off a demoralizing loss and what matters most to me is Sunday and getting back on track.

Doesn't mean that I dismiss the gloom and doom of the past 17 years or that it doesn't creep into my present day mind set. It does.  

Also doesn't mean that I dismiss winning the AFC East or making the playoffs as a possibility either because of the Pats sustained success, the schedule ahead or any other reason.

Also doesn't mean I can't envision winning the AFC East or making the playoffs.

Winning or losing on Sunday will not clinch or eliminate us from the post-season.

So present day guy says win Sunday!  

Because it would be better than losing.

EDIT: oops...to answer the OP's question: it's too early to talk Wild Card. Why sell ourselves short?

Men who like to watch sports and argue about them and put some $$$ on them are constantly thinking of the past, immediate, short-term and long-term implications in one big stream of consciousness.

If you aren't a man who likes this, I feel sorry for you.

I dont even both with the playoff picture at the halfway point....too many things can happen. Look at Green Bay. Lets see where we are after the Pats game Dec 3. If after that game the Bills are in a position to make a run, then I will start paying attention to scenarios. 

17 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Men who like to watch sports and argue about them and put some $$$ on them are constantly thinking of the past, immediate, short-term and long-term implications in one big stream of consciousness.

If you aren't a man who likes this, I feel sorry for you.

Well then I guess you don't feel sorry for me.

As I said, I do think of the past, present and future, I just focus most on the present.