First coach fired is going to be......

BmarvB

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

McAdoo is an easy choice.  Dirk Koetter shouldn't be too comfortable either. 

These two are my first thought. I wouldn't be surprised if McAdoo is gone within the next couple of weeks. Koetter will be fired at year's end. 

Edited by H2o

Another vote for Vance Joseph.  Elway isn't going to tolerate shellackings like that, even if he's a rookie head coach.    

I actually think Hue Jackson will stay in Cleveland.  It's the FO that will be fired.  

My dark horse candidate for firing/resignation etc. is Jack Del Rio.  

Chuck Pagano by far and it isn't even close!

It was said that Colts owner Jim Irsay was looking to hire Jon Gruden last offseason and with their 3-6 start currently 162 PF, 260 PA YIKES! They are a bad, bad team that Andrew Luck managed to mostly hold together by himself. The team has wasted some of Luck's prime years with a bad HC who refuses to beef up an offensive line to protect Luck.

Anyone else recall that 46 to 9 opening week loss to the Rams? The offense stinks with no run game, the defense stinks currently #32! There is a new GM in Indy after the owner fired that moron Grigson and I'll wager he also wants a change at HC for the team. 

Others on the watchlist include Marvin Lewis, John Fox, Todd Bowles, Ben McAdoo, Hue Jackson. 

18 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Chuck Pagano by far and it isn't even close!

It was said that Colts owner Jim Irsay was looking to hire Jon Gruden last offseason and with their 3-6 start currently 162 PF, 260 PA YIKES! They are a bad, bad team that Andrew Luck managed to mostly hold together by himself. The team has wasted some of Luck's prime years with a bad HC who refuses to beef up an offensive line to protect Luck.

Anyone else recall that 46 to 9 opening week loss to the Rams? The offense stinks with no run game, the defense stinks currently #32! There is a new GM in Indy after the owner fired that moron Grigson and I'll wager he also wants a change at HC for the team. 

Others on the watchlist include Marvin Lewis, John Fox, Todd Bowles, Ben McAdoo, Hue Jackson. 

While Pagano being fired wouldn't surprise me, it won't be because of his coaching, it will be because the owner has someone else in mind that he wants. It's also not the coaches responsibility there to beef up the o-line, that would have been the new GMs job. They have been looking and playing much better now that Brissett looks like he is getting settled in.

With their owner though, nothing is really surprising.

I don't see Elway making a coaching change now unless he is trying to deflect attention away from the fact that he has brought in 3 QBs that he had high hopes for and none of them look good enough to just not screw up and manage a game.

9 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

No one is going to win with what the front office has given him to work with. He might not be an elite coach, but I think its more likely he sticks and the front office is dumped first.

I don’t agree with that. The way he has handled the qb situation is pathetic and this isn’t just sort of bad. It’s non competitive long enough in to realize there is no improvement.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t agree with that. The way he has handled the qb situation is pathetic and this isn’t just sort of bad. It’s non competitive long enough in to realize there is no improvement.

But it's not like he has much to work with. Lynch is out hurt so it's been between Siemian and Osweiler

11 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

that guy (Pagano) should've been gone two years ago...he hasn't done a damn thing for that team...pathetic.

Agree. A cancer diagnosis (and maybe the owners unwillingness to pay someone to not coach his team) can only get you so far.

Edited by Cripple Creek

3 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Adam Gase is one to watch too. That offense is pathetic and the team has no heart.

Bruce Arians is another if the Cards blow things up this offseason.

I agree about Gase.  Even Tannehill's injury doesn't give a coach an excuse when his team gets shut out 20-0 and 40-0 within weeks of each other while looking disinterested in playing football.   A lot of commentators were blaming Cutler for the Carp's early blowouts by the Saints and the Jests, but it appears that he's the only glue holding that offense together.

37 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I agree about Gase.  Even Tannehill's injury doesn't give a coach an excuse when his team gets shut out 20-0 and 40-0 within weeks of each other while looking disinterested in playing football.   A lot of commentators were blaming Cutler for the Carp's early blowouts by the Saints and the Jests, but it appears that he's the only glue holding that offense together.

Gase also likes to throw the team under the bus rather than take responsibility as coach, as seen in his pressers. Not head coach material.