The saints game will determine the season ?

Cygnus99

That sounds easy but the division = Patriots. So while the NO game won't decide the season, it sure will contribute to how difficult punching the playoff ticket will be. A loss means the Bills will need to beat the Pats or win an extra road game. Neither of those things have come easy to this franchise in a long time. 

its half way through the season.....hang it up once we fall under 500 at least....if you havent noticed the WC spots are def up for grabs......if the season ended now we would be in....so there is that.....

Nah.  If we lose to the Saints, it just means our playoff chances will improve.  I thought I read on this board that losing to NFC teams helps in AFC playoff seedings; though the logic escaped me.

But seriously, losing two in a row will test the meddle of this team.  Also depends on how we lose...did the offense not improve, tackle poorly on defense, not learn any lessons from the painful Jets loss.

1 hour ago, Cygnus99 said:

If we beat the Saints : We most likely go to the playoffs 

If we lose to the Saints : the season is over 

The Saints are due for a loss !! 

If we beat the Saints it proves Thu was simply a bad fluky loss. But at this point it's hard to see it happening for two reasons:

1) Saints are riding a 6 game winning streak and the metrics say they have one of the best offenses and defenses in the league.

2) Bills have not beat a team that is currently over .500 this season.

I predict will come out and play as best we can and hang with the Saints early but they'll pull away in the 2nd half and likely win by 10+ points.

10 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

If the Seahawks lose to Washington and fall to 5-3, does that mean their season is over too, just like ours?

Well no, but my fantasy team may be done.  Wilson, Lockett and Richardson due to injury and bye weeks will leave me 5-4 and likely out of the playoffs without a miracle! Thought they would be ok as they were at home.