Tyrod is a franchise QB

Domdab99

47 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you said defense wins championships, end of story. I just pointed out it wasn't the end of the story, even considering the margins.

Just to get the time line right I said that after you already had said that the idea that defense wins games was a reach.  I was pointing out to you that it's not a reach and is in fact very relevant. 

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

This thread is going to be really fun at around 4. 

lol, agreed.

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

more weapons certainly should help his game. we shall see?

You would think so. With Clay back and KB, and also the emergence of D. Thompson. You would think he "should" do better, I hope to see the Oline give him more protection, and also when a play breaks down and nobody to throw to, plz throw it away and not hold on to the ball forever and take sacks. But yes, we will see.

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

Just to get the time line right I said that after you already had said that the idea that defense wins games was a reach.  I was pointing out to you that it's not a reach and is in fact very relevant. 

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

also, I don't put wins/losses solely on the back of the QB. pretty obvious all phases have to be clicking but it is pretty evident that the play of the QB and how he controls and leads the offense plays a pretty critical part when winning or losing games.

anyone who feels that it falls more on the defense or special teams is really reaching

my point was, ALL phases need to click. 

it's a reach, especially in this game, which I was referring to in the above post when you're relying on one phase of the team to win . you went on to claim defense wins championships, end of story when clearly, even by the smallest of margin, it's not so in every game. this is how I see it. those putting their hopes on one side of the ball to win a championship (or regular season game) can and have come up short. so to me, having both phases, scoring points as well as not allowing points is just as key in winning a championship or regular season games.

in the case of the present bills team. they have neither the offense (30th pass/11th rush/16th points) or defense (26th pass/8th rush/6th points) to be able to depend on one or the other separately. they will need both offense to score, defense to make stops and special teams to make kicks and control the down and distance. all three phases need to click today.

saints

offense (3rd pass/7th rush/6th points) defense (12th pass/19th rush/10th points)

I hope some fans are not depending on the defense solely (or weather) to win this game, especially against a player like drew brees.  because if you're depending on just the defense, it could end up disappointing. obviously no one is really depending on one phase of the game to win but some believe the only way to win a game or championship is through the defense.

ftr, defense has always been my favorite side of the ball but until or if this defense ever gets to number one (ravens 2000/2013 seahawks level) I know I have to look to the offense to do their part in trying to win football games and try to make the post season, which at this point is still in reach.

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I'm honestly not sure Brady could have had a better half than that.  Woooooo

Clean pocket all half. 

Tyrod is not a franchise QB. I've been trying to avoid TT's threads but enough is a enough!

Edited by Real McCoy

I genuinely feel sorry for the WRs on our team, especially Benjamin. They spend so much time practicing each week, and then so much time on the field Sundays, just to never even touch the ball. We might as well put fullbacks & runningbacks at all skill position slots since Tyrod is incapable of throwing to anyone else.