Howzabout dion Dawkins at RT and Groy at RG?

tbonehawaii

Just looking at my all-22 and ONCE AGAIN, for the life of me, WHY IS DUCASSE ON THE DAMN FIELD!!!!

He is just NOT good. He gets beat often, he looks confused, and he makes 1 or 2 good blocks a game that I don't think are worth all the trouble he comes with. So frustrating. 

This is entirely too logical to happen.  I watched Groy play in Wisconsin and have seen him in action for us, why he is not our right guard is mind numbing. Dawkins is easily better than every tackle other than Glenn. While it would be nice to have Groy push Wood, right now Glenn, Incog, Wood, Groy, Dawkins would be a formidable combo.  Glenn, Incog, Groy, Any, Dawkins is not as good.  Wood is not guard material.

5 minutes ago, simool said:

This is entirely too logical to happen.  I watched Groy play in Wisconsin and have seen him in action for us, why he is not our right guard is mind numbing. Dawkins is easily better than every tackle other than Glenn. While it would be nice to have Groy push Wood, right now Glenn, Incog, Wood, Groy, Dawkins would be a formidable combo.  Glenn, Incog, Groy, Any, Dawkins is not as good.  Wood is not guard material.

Groy and Dawkins should clearly be the right side of the line. I too have no idea as to why this configuration hasn't happened. Vlad is mediocre at best and Miller just seems to not be a good fit for the zone system they are running. As far as RT goes Mills is clearly a backup caliber player and Henderson isn't all that good and might not be in proper shape either. From an outsider perpsective, it seems like that configuration makes sense. 

On 11/3/2017 at 4:19 AM, LeGOATski said:

I want Glenn, Cogs, Wood, Miller, and Dawkins.

From what I've seen, that looks like the best starting line, with Groy backing up the interior.

I've calling foe this since week one - well at least Groy as Cordy was out. Our OL was pushed around by the Jets. Vroy is a mauler. Why did we sign him to just sit him? Ducasse is pathetic.

12 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Ducasse is pathetic.

Completely agree.  But he is Juan Castillo's pet project so Vlad (unfortunately) isn't going anywhere since he hasn't been benched yet based on his terrible performance.  Just like IK got a lot of playing time because he was Wreck's pet project, but got cut once Wrecks got fired.  I find it hard to believe that Miller is so bad that Ducasse starts at RG.

I thought I saw somewhere that Dawkins didn't do well on the right side of the line (RT)?

Edited by Happy Gilmore

22 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Just looking at my all-22 and ONCE AGAIN, for the life of me, WHY IS DUCASSE ON THE DAMN FIELD!!!!

He is just NOT good. He gets beat often, he looks confused, and he makes 1 or 2 good blocks a game that I don't think are worth all the trouble he comes with. So frustrating. 

This is exactly what I've been saying since we brought him on board.  This makes us lose respect for the coaching staff when it is so obvious to all of us.  

52 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Completely agree.  But he is Juan Castillo's pet project so Vlad (unfortunately) isn't going anywhere since he hasn't been benched yet based on his terrible performance.  Just like IK got a lot of playing time because he was Wreck's pet project, but got cut once Wrecks got fired.  I find it hard to believe that Miller is so bad that Ducasse starts at RG.

I thought I saw somewhere that Dawkins didn't do well on the right side of the line (RT)?

Ducasse is supposed to be a road grader - he's a plodder and easily gotten around. In pass coverage, one move by anyone with speed and he's frozen in carbonite.

3 hours ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

This is exactly what I've been saying since we brought him on board.  This makes us lose respect for the coaching staff when it is so obvious to all of us.  

Once again, this staff prioritizes "their guys" over better talent. Its why we are being force fed Tolbert as he rushes up the gut for 1 yard every other time he touches the ball. Its why Suckasse is still starting. Its why Zay Dropzone Jones was getting more field times than guys like Deonte Thompson and Brandon Tate who have been proven to be more reliable, sans 1 game. Its why this staff thinks they need to get rid of every drafted player from the last few years even though they've all been traded to teams that are now better than ours.

Our defense is better thanks to the scheme, but what is actually different? Our offense has taken two steps backwards and now our defense is starting to get carved up. If this staff/team/organization is actually different, we win 3 out of the next 4. We have to. If not, our playoff drought is old enough to hit the strip club and buy cigs. 

Edited by Elite Poster

2 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Once again, this staff prioritizes "their guys" over better talent. Its why we are being force fed Tolbert as he rushes up the gut for 1 yard every other time he touches the ball. Its why Suckasse is still starting. Its why Zay Dropzone Jones was getting more field times than guys like Deonte Thompson and Brandon Tate who have been proven to be more reliable, sans 1 game. Its why this staff thinks they need to get rid of every drafted player from the last few years even though they've all been traded to teams that are now better than ours.

Our defense is better thanks to the scheme, but what is actually different? Our offense has taken two steps backwards and now our defense is starting to get carved up. If this staff/team/organization is actually different, we win 3 out of the next 4. We have to. If not, our playoff drought is old enough to hit the strip club and buy cigs. 

It would be awesome if it truly was a simple as it being "their guys".  Seeing as though we only have an outside in perspective, there are more than likely pretty good reasons for it not happening. We are not privy to those reasons.

3 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

A lot of people are afraid to say that......but, pretty much.

McD inherited a team that should have won 10 games each of the past two seasons but was hamstrung by poor coaching.

They are where they are now mostly due to his choices...........if it works out, that's great.......but he's left himself open to excessive criticism if not because he's let a ton of talent out the door.....talent that took a lot of years of losing to accumulate.  

This is usually the time of the season where the team falls apart for 4-5 weeks and kills their playoff hopes.........Thursday was an upset that didn't look like an upset at the end, much like the Dolphins game in Miami last year.......they gotta' get righted fast and take care of business at home!  :thumbsup:

They’ve pretty much committed to keeping Groy as the center backup. So unless he just replaces Wood straight up, he’s starting. Dawkins at RG is more likely IMO. That would mean a a double move in case of a tackle injury which isn’t great but it may be worth trying.

But the best move is to try and figure out why Miller isn’t paying as well as last season and addressing the issue.

Edited by vincec