The Carolina Pipeline fully open, do they use it again???

MAJBobby

And Cam Newton wearing his welcome out in Carolina who fully expects Beane to make a call and see if they can get Cam for little compensation in the offseason.

Carolina will gain major cap space and Richardson gets to save on the Bottomline (something we all know he is about)

Crybaby Divas are not welcome on this team, blue collar lunchpail highmotor only.

more like pipe dream then pipeline.

as much as I like what beane has done so far, bringing in newton would be a poor decision imo. I know some are high on him but I have never been a fan of newton and certainly don't want him on the team.

....good Lord no to that diva....dig a moat around New Era and stock it with Seal Team Six.............

We'd be crazy not to trade for Newton if Carolina is willing. As solid as Tyrod has been, Newton is a franchise QB when motivated. That's what every team is trying to get and what all these trades and maneuvering for draft picks is about.

Key words bolded. No thanks to players with motivational issues.

I think they will be in the Star Lotulelei market this offseason, among other Panthers players. If Cam became available, of course they would be interested. Is that even a question? Beane knows these players better than the new Carolina GM. If they aren't his guys then Beane will gladly take them because many were his.

I think Star would be a great free agent, with Dareus gone and Kyle likely retired (And even if he came back he would be 35 and has shown signs of declining, although he is still a good player) the team could use a new interior anchor. Star is about to be 28 by seasons end and this is his 5th season. Star at age 28/29 could hold down the fort at DT for 3-5 years while the team drafts and grooms players behind him.

Cam is a pipe dream, why on Earth would Carolina want to get rid of a player with the talent to be the best QB in the NFL?

I just don't think that's the direction Beane and McD want to go....the reason why Kelvin is here is because he's prime age, big bodied and they have him for another year before they really have to "worry" about the contract. Additionally, Kelvin is a rare talent regarding his size and experience. Newton doesn't do the things I think McD and Beane truly want...I think they want a guy who is a good teammate, low drama, accurate, strong enough arm in the Buffalo weather, pocket passer, can anticipate the receiver open, make good reads on Defenses pre-snap....Cam is obviously strong enough for Buffalo weather, arguably strongest arm behind Stafford, but everything else doesn't really fit his player DNA....

So, I think Buffalo Drafts their guy or gets a FA ironically ala Tyrod and let's Peterman and FA fight it out and then let the chips fall where they may....but if I had to bet, I'd bet on them taking their guy in the 1st round somehow in 2018.

Not really out of the question: 3 1st round picks....ours, KCs and trading back into the 1st for the QB of the future.

I think Star would be a great free agent, with Dareus gone and Kyle likely retired (And even if he came back he would be 35 and has shown signs of declining, although he is still a good player) the team could use a new interior anchor. Star is about to be 28 by seasons end and this is his 5th season. Star at age 28/29 could hold down the fort at DT for 3-5 years while the team drafts and grooms players behind him.

Cam is a pipe dream, why on Earth would Carolina want to get rid of a player with the talent to be the best QB in the NFL?

I dont think Cam has the talent to beat out Rodgers. However, we got rid of Dareus, who had the talent to be at least top 3 if not 1 at his position in the nfl. Would likely be for similar reasons.