Beane says no moves expected

The juice

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Beane's the magnificent bastard, wouldn't that make him Erwin Rommel?

Patton read Rommel's book, and exclaimed after a victory in the desert to the effect "I read your book, you magnificent bastard" ..to Rommel.

So Rommel is the Mag Bastard, Beane is GEN Patton. Yes?

In any event, an awesome trade. Hadn't seen anything like it since the 3-way trade which brought Cornelius Bennett to Bflo.

McBeane...welcome to Buffalo! keep this up and there will be a statue in front of the new stadium with TRUST THE PROCESS stamped on it

best part is that this is just the beginning...i have a feeling we haven't seen nothing yet with the kind of shrewd moves Beane is gonna be a part of.

Ok, maybe we now have the equivalent of Rommel (Desert Fox) and Patton (ol' Blood and Guts) mentality in charge. Efficiency, making the most of your resources, keeping morale high, hitting hard (and perhaps eventually hitting where not to be expected). I suppose the trade for Benjamin could relate to this (unexpected).

This is year 1. Year 1 is almost at the halfway point and there is still a way to go. I have seen a lot over the years and I'm cautiously optimistic. So far (lately) I'm liking what I'm seeing. We are long overdue. There's a lot more football to be seen. Our Rommel and Patton will be busy.

We shall see... how things develop.

HAHAHAHA YOUR TAKES ARE MY FAVORITE.

Like Trevor Siemian being the next Joe Montana. :rolleyes:

I haven't read the entire thread but it seems that Beane has a problem with veracity. A very good trait to have as a GM.

Not exactly. The deal discussion with the Panthers started late and was finalized just three minutes before the deadline.

Patton read Rommel's book, and exclaimed after a victory in the desert to the effect "I read your book, you magnificent bastard" ..to Rommel.

So Rommel is the Mag Bastard, Beane is GEN Patton. Yes?

In any event, an awesome trade. Hadn't seen anything like it since the 3-way trade which brought Cornelius Bennett to Bflo.

I know the movie very well... but I think the analogy makes Patton = Gavin in VA Beach.

Like Trevor Siemian being the next Joe Montana. :rolleyes:

Not exactly. The deal discussion with the Panthers started late and was finalized just three minutes before the deadline.

Tell us more about all those silly trade rumors that can be put to rest. Or how McBeane was so pleased with Dareus' play they shopped him for 4 months.

Tell us more about all those silly trade rumors that can be put to rest. Or how McBeane was so pleased with Dareus' play they shopped him for 4 months.

I was referring to Cordy Glenn. Tell us more about Siemian being Joe Montana part two.

One of the dumbest takes I've ever seen on TSW.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I was referring to Cordy Glenn. Tell us more about Siemian being Joe Montana part two.

One of the dumbest takes I've ever see on TSW.

Good thing I never said that silly.

However, YOUR takes will always live in infamy. The No Shoulder Surgery. The Dareus Is Fine. The Beane Said No Trades. I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting. You're really making it hard on a guy like me to remember them all.

Good thing I never said that silly.

However, YOUR takes will always live in infamy. The No Shoulder Surgery. The Dareus Is Fine. The Beane Said No Trades. I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting. You're really making it hard on a guy like me to remember them all.

You said Siemian had a higher ceiling than Tyrod and could be the next Joe Montana. Don't try to run from your ridiculously bad and laughable take. Own it.

Your list of what I said is not only inaccurate, but also weak with regard to any infamy around here.

You said Siemian had a higher ceiling than Tyrod and could be the next Joe Montana. Don't try to run from your ridiculously bad and laughable take. Own it.

Your list of what I said is not only inaccurate, but also weak with regard to any infamy around here.

Yep, I did. I didn't call him Joe Montana part two lol.

Not only did you prove yourself a liar, you refuse to own your hysterical takes. Tell me how there's nothing to see about Dareus. Beane was only trying to jettison him since August and was replacing him with Cedric Thornton. :oops:

Edited by jmc12290

Yep, I did. I didn't call him Joe Montana part two lol.

Not only did you prove yourself a liar, you refuse to own your hysterical takes. Tell me how there's nothing to see about Dareus. Beane was only trying to jettison him since August and was replacing him with Cedric Thornton. :oops:

Your take about him having any possibility at all of being Montana like is ridiculous nonetheless. A QB who's been benched for the great Brock Osweiler. My thought on Dareus was that no team was taking on his albatross contract. You want to call that infamy, then be my guest.

12 points surrendered on 214 total yards and 11 first downs. Dareus was terrible. :lol:

Your take about him having any possibility at all of being Montana like is ridiculous nonetheless. A QB who's been benched for the great Brock Osweiler. My thought on Dareus was that no team was taking on his albatross contract. You want to call that infamy, then be my guest.

Well it was that and he was playing fine. Shopped since August and tossed for a basement pick :lol:

My favorite part about TBD is the takes exist forever!

Edited by jmc12290

Well it was that and he was playing fine. Shopped since August and tossed for a basement pick :lol:

My favorite part about TBD is the takes exist forever!

In the season opener against the Jets with those numbers? Is that the best you have? Why am I forgetting you're the master of inane arguments even when you have no point. Trevor Siemian? You actually watched him play and thought he might ascend to the level of Montana. Again, that is one of the worst assessments I have ever seen on a football forum. You need to sit down.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz