Stranger Things 2.

bdutton

i thoguht it would be spun in to something went wrong with eleven and mama comes out like a badass to wreck **** up and save her.

thought about something else that was disappointing, Maxs brother. They made it seem like he would end up playing some major role and in the end, he played no role and was a throw away character.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought about something else that was disappointing, Maxs brother. They made it seem like he would end up playing some major role and in the end, he played no role and was a throw away character.

all for a lead up to season 3.

And not only that, they made it seem as though she could be an eleven at first. Or her brother. The whole family inclusion was bizzare. They got as much air time as the rest of the families did despite having no need or place in the story.

it was said as nothing more than stupidity and potentially tying in to current events about Russia !@#$ing with he US.

well they have brought up Russia a bunch of times and almost hinted that there would be something about Russia and spies. In the one earlier episode Paul riser talks about the Russians potentially finding out about the gate and making their own when talking to Nancy and wills brother so I could see a storyline with a spy.

What I hate about the Netflix is shows is how the entire season is released all at once and since they aren't long seasons you can binge watch it all quickly. I like stretching it out a bit so that you don't have to wait as long for the next season. Although for this show I didn't watch season 1 until a few weeks ago, along with all the marvel shows

Just finished it yesterday. I enjoyed it a lot.

I don't think it was better than Season 1, but I still thought it was very good. Although it might be a bit unfair to compare it to Season 1, since there is not a lot of mystery left to discover.

We really enjoyed this season but are bummed out about how long we now have to wait for the next one.

• Yeah, the "other sister" was a bit of a throw-away episode, but it was important for 11 to develop her character further.  I'm sure we'll see more of her sister.
  • Mad Max's brother was over-the-top annoying.  I can't wait to see that bastard get his comeuppance.

Let's go Buffalo!

12 hours ago, Bad Things said:

We really enjoyed this season but are bummed out about how long we now have to wait for the next one.

• Yeah, the "other sister" was a bit of a throw-away episode, but it was important for 11 to develop her character further.  I'm sure we'll see more of her sister.
  • Mad Max's brother was over-the-top annoying.  I can't wait to see that bastard get his comeuppance.

Let's go Buffalo!

Maxs brother got his comeuppance, I just never realised the red power ranger was such a prick

Just finished last night, it was good but I find the show is entertaining but wouldn't consider it well written/done. Unlike say breaking bad or better call Saul.

To me episode 7 was a waste of time and didn't need a full episode. My wife and I both said it seemed more like they were trying to set up a spinoff by forcing this into the story line.

Max and her brothers story also seemed forced in for not really any good reason except to add another character and love interest. 

I Was expecting more set up for next season though

And right now, rumor has it season 3 might not be out til next Christmas  and season 4 will probably be the last.

20 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Maxs brother got his comeuppance, I just never realised the red power ranger was such a prick

Just finished last night, it was good but I find the show is entertaining but wouldn't consider it well written/done. Unlike say breaking bad or better call Saul.

To me episode 7 was a waste of time and didn't need a full episode. My wife and I both said it seemed more like they were trying to set up a spinoff by forcing this into the story line.

Max and her brothers story also seemed forced in for not really any good reason except to add another character and love interest. 

I Was expecting more set up for next season though

And right now, rumor has it season 3 might not be out til next Christmas  and season 4 will probably be the last.

I've never watched "Breaking Bad" or "Better Call Saul", but it might be a bit unfair to compare this show with those on how well written it is.

There is no question that "Stranger Things" borrows ideas from previous shows or movies,  yet it is still very entertaining. The writing may not be brilliant, but all of the child actors do a very good job. Winona Ryder is very good too.

I can agree that episode 7 felt too much like a set-up episode, and only added little to the main plot.

What I did enjoy about this season as opposed to the first season was that we got to see these characters deal with their own sub-plots instead of everyone working together as a group. It was nice to see Will be involved with his friends, unlike last season.

Yes, there wasn't much of a set-up for next season. Although the same thing could be said about the ending of the first season.

4 seasons sounds just right for a show like this. That will be a long wait for Season 3, if that's true, but the actors have other things going on.

Finn Wolfhard was just in the movie "It", Charlie Heaton is a part of "The New Mutants", and Millie Bobby Brown is in "Godzilla: King of Monsters".

I didnt mean the show wasn't good or it was bad because of the writing, it's a great show. I just find that the the writing leaves a lot of holes and things that could make it better. I would put the show up there as one of the best, but it's entertaining and something I'm going to continue watching

I think the issue they have is with the kids aging. They planned on season 2 taking place a few months after season  1 around Christmas, but they had to change it to around a year later cause of the kids aging. Now they said the next season would have to take place even further in the future cause they are really starting to age, and even joked that some of them will be showing up to film driving their own cars next season. Then you throw in other offers and jobs that will tie up the cast now that they have been discovered or had their careers recharged

Well... I was dead wrong about the russian spy, but pleasantly surprised by Sam's heroics, again. (LOTR Reference) Maybe their teacher is the spy? who knows if the russians are even involved.

Yea episode 7 seemed force. It felt like that episode took place in current day instead of the 80s. 

Im curious as to what happened to that demadog they decided to freeze. Maybe they took it to the taxidermist? Doubt it.

I am also curious as to what the spider monster is in the upside down. How did it become? Is it from outer space? an alien? a russian attack? Why hawkins? Anything feels possible with this show.

Also- do we know who eleven's father is?

Edited by GETTOTHE50

On 11/8/2017 at 11:09 AM, apuszczalowski said:

I didnt mean the show wasn't good or it was bad because of the writing, it's a great show. I just find that the the writing leaves a lot of holes and things that could make it better. I would put the show up there as one of the best, but it's entertaining and something I'm going to continue watching

I think the issue they have is with the kids aging. They planned on season 2 taking place a few months after season  1 around Christmas, but they had to change it to around a year later cause of the kids aging. Now they said the next season would have to take place even further in the future cause they are really starting to age, and even joked that some of them will be showing up to film driving their own cars next season. Then you throw in other offers and jobs that will tie up the cast now that they have been discovered or had their careers recharged

I see what you mean about the writing, but I still they do a decent job. It would help if the seasons had more episodes, but that's how it goes.

Yes, the kids aging is an issue, but I'm sure that won't be a problem.

It would have been great if they could have filmed these seasons back-to-back and then just release them on netflix accordingly.

Oh well, it'll still be fun to watch.

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I see what you mean about the writing, but I still they do a decent job. It would help if the seasons had more episodes, but that's how it goes.

Yes, the kids aging is an issue, but I'm sure that won't be a problem.

It would have been great if they could have filmed these seasons back-to-back and then just release them on netflix accordingly.

Oh well, it'll still be fun to watch.

definitely

There are talks that they could film seasons 3&4 back to back, if not the kids are going to be shaving during takes of seasons 4.......

Good season overall, but a little disappointing.  The sister episode was frustratingly dumb, IMHO.  So much needed to happen before the finale.  The ending seemed clumsy and hurried.  Still a good show, however, and I hope (as others have stated) that this season is a build up to future seasons.  Max's brother is annoying.  Shouldn't Steve be dead or in a coma after the beating he took at the end?

Perhaps the most satisfying moment of the season was watching Bob get devoured by the alien dogs.

Just finished.

What an amazing show. I loved MadMax's brother. I thought he played the part so well. He was a character you loved to hate. I hope we see more of him next season.

I honestly think this may be one of the best TV shows made in a long time. And I'm not just talking about Netflix originals.`

CBF

On 11/10/2017 at 7:29 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Good season overall, but a little disappointing.  The sister episode was frustratingly dumb, IMHO.  So much needed to happen before the finale.  The ending seemed clumsy and hurried.  Still a good show, however, and I hope (as others have stated) that this season is a build up to future seasons.  Max's brother is annoying.  Shouldn't Steve be dead or in a coma after the beating he took at the end?

Perhaps the most satisfying moment of the season was watching Bob get devoured by the alien dogs.

Demo-Dogs

• Haha (+1) 1

Was a little disappointed that season 2 was only 9 episodes, but thought it was great over all. I thought they could've made the last 2 episodes a bit better and maybe done 10 or 11 episodes to add more depth but whatever. 

I think the writing is great. I litterally feel like I'm watching a show from the 80s. Whoever is responsible for costume and design on this show should get an award. 

On 11/10/2017 at 10:29 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

i hated seeing that happen to Rudy.  it hurt

On 11/10/2017 at 12:20 PM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Just finished.

What an amazing show. I loved MadMax's brother. I thought he played the part so well. He was a character you loved to hate. I hope we see more of him next season.

I honestly think this may be one of the best TV shows made in a long time. And I'm not just talking about Netflix originals.`

CBF

We watched a couple episodes right after watching Walking Dead. The contrast was striking.  

Stranger Things

Character development, good writing, great casting,  fantastic sets and finally pretty decent acting all equal an enjoyable, immersive watch

Walking Dead

Poor acting,  carbon copy redundant characters, (except for the Negan guy I'm cheering for him to wipe out the whole boring lot of them),  very poor writing= Makes me think why I ever watched it. To be honest it didn't start that way . First couple seasons were good. Fell of the rails 3 or 4 seasons ago. Rinse, wash and repeat plotlines. Watch it because the wife still likes it.  

Edited by Dante