2018 draft would you be upset if

Dboodrow

I respectfully disagree with your approach to this particular draft. If the Bills believe that there is a good franchise qb prospect then they need to make the selection. I'm not advocating that the Bills deal off all of their high picks to get a coveted qb but I would strongly advocate being aggressive to put itself in position to get the first or second you want. As an example, it would be worth it to give up a first, second and third round pick to move up to get a deal done. The team still has another one, two and three pick in their quiver to add to the roster.

This is the year where there are more than a few good prospects. Waiting for the next crop of qbs is a mentality that has resulted in this franchise being bereft of a franchise qb for nearly a quarter century. It is not too difficult to talk oneself out of taking the plunge. Where has it gotten us? It has gotten us to systemic mediocrity. Enough is enough!

Several of those "more than a few good prospects" are playing themselves out of high draft consideration. Josh Allen has been unable to carry his team, watching Mason Rudolph right now and he is struggling and Lamar Jackson has had a lot of trouble. Mayfield is kind of gutsy, but I think his size is going to be a problem in the NFL.

It is actually looking like 2017 might have been the better QB class.

Additionally, the Bills are playing well enough that they may not be within shouting distance of a good QB prospect and those extra picks from KC and the Rams are going to be late 1st and mid-late 2nd - nowhere near as high as we hoped when the trades were made...

I think they will actually be hard pressed to find a prospect that is any better than Taylor.

If I had to take a shot at QB, I'd probably take Lamar Jackson with KC's pick - if he is there. I would not trade up for him or any of the others listed above.

Still, there is a long way to go and one or more guys could come on and become a better candidate

I'd take Taylor over Cousins and a top 3 round pick at QB to develop and go from there before I would cousins or move up to get a top 4 pick to secure a QB. Unless the bills identify a solid prospect. Even then, the Luck and Newton factor - sure thing QB's aren't sure thing winners.

Wrt RB i would just as easily look for a darrick Holmes type later in the draft or a pass catching FB/TE like we wanted Gronkowksi to be.

I'd rather short eup the OL in the first 3 picks with an interior OL and try to pick up a FA RT.

So true. Look at the production the Bears and Ravens get out of their 5th round guys. And I could go on and on

Kareem Hunt too. Even if you think a guy is a rare talent at RB I think it's tough to justify using a first round pick these days.

If you look at the drafting history of the Carolina Panthers when Beane and McDermott were there, you can almost guarantee we will be taking DL or DT early in this upcoming draft, and maybe multiple times.

Along with Oline , they believe in the lines are the foundations of your team, and they ain't wrong.

If we don't finally draft a QB after receiving all these picks, we get what we deserve coming to us.

I agree man, it's time to pull the trigger already, draft a top prospect with hopes to finaly have a solid franchise worthy QB for many many years to come. I can only hope the Bills get out of the Whaley QB purgatory cycle and the best way to do it is to try to draft one not pick others teams backup piles while trying to build the rest of the team before trying real hard to draft a QB worthy to call franchise worthy. I'd rather see them fail trying at a top picked QB then avoiding it by picking a late round project, with all these picks I will be really disappointed if QB isn't taken right away in rd1.

Fingers crossed for Josh Rosen*, QB, UCLA

Quote:

"The top-four draft-eligible quarterback prospects for the 2018 NFL Draft are USC's Sam Darnold, Louisville's Lamar Jackson, Wyoming's Josh Allen and Rosen. Of them, Rosen has the best mechanics and is most natural pocket passer. He throws a tremendous ball and can really spin it. Rosen's tight spiral helps him to get his passes through tight windows and beat good coverage. He has serious arm talent along with field vision and pocket presence. Rosen also works under center, which has been rare to see with college quarterbacks in recent years".

Quote from walter football

Edited by xRUSHx

Kareem Hunt too. Even if you think a guy is a rare talent at RB I think it's tough to justify using a first round pick these days.

not only that, the unlikelihood that Hunt will be much of a factor in 2 or 3 years is high.

RB's don't last long in this league. damnest thing. for every Adrian Peterson there are a dozen Alfred Morris' and to a point Zeke Elliot's (he's not exactly on fire this year)

not only that, the unlikelihood that Hunt will be much of a factor in 2 or 3 years is high.

RB's don't last long in this league. damnest thing. for every Adrian Peterson there are a dozen Alfred Morris' and to a point Zeke Elliot's (he's not exactly on fire this year)

That's a great point.

Amazing how the position has become devalued when you look back at the Herschel Walker mega-trade (1989) and Ricky Williams being traded for the Saints draft board (1999).