Texans ready to walk out on owner after “inmate” comments

YoloinOhio

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need more information before I can decide what to think of the players reaction.

If McNair has been a mean standoffish owner who uses people including his players, and they want to use this misstep to stick it to him, that is at least understandable.

But if McNair has been a fair, reasonable, decent man to them, and they are excoriating this 79 year old man on the national stage for his use of a common expression that is awkward in this one context, then the players are racists. They are doing this to him because he is white.

I don't know which it is.

I think hes been the older out of date guy more than the intentionally mean guy. He made headlines last year for saying he was more concerned about the knee jerk reactions to concussions than concussions themselves, for instance.

Its probably getting to be time for him to not have a mic in front of him

While I completely agree- its still a stupid phrase to use to describe your employees. Even if its only slightly demeaning to any reasonable person, whats the upside?

We see eye to eye more often than not, but I think you’re overly fascinated with this. Yes, it was an unfortunate choice of a (butchered) phrase, but I happen to agree with him.

I think hes been the older out of date guy more than the intentionally mean guy. He made headlines last year for saying he was more concerned about the knee jerk reactions to concussions than concussions themselves, for instance.

I'm more concerned with the hyper-sensitive policing of language than I am the language itself.

When we have to put words under a microscope to try to find an offensive interpretation we can apply to them we've gotten to the point that the problem is so miniscule that we now have to beg and search for even minor grievances.

McNair has been a major contributor to Trump and the GOP, both have which made stoking racial grievances their bread and butter. Dont think that hasnt been noticed by the players, or that it isnt an important part of the context here.

McNair has been a major contributor to Trump and the GOP, both have which made stoking racial grievances their bread and butter. Dont think that hasnt been noticed by the players, or that it isnt an important part of the context here.

Kind of circular reasoning here. You guys call Trump and his supporters racist, therefore whatever they say is racist. And the way we know they're racist is because of what they said. And we know what they said is racist because they said it.

Kind of circular reasoning here. You guys call Trump and his supporters racist, therefore whatever they say is racist. And the way we know they're racist is because of what they said. And we know what they said is racist because they said it.

And if they actually are racist, all of that is true. ;)

What it means is they don't get the benefit of the doubt for a racist comment being an innocuous error.