10-24: Bills Workout WR Rod Streater and TE Jason Croom

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...many have said Zay needs to move back to his normal slot position.....help?...hurt?....makes no difference?......kid DOES have talent...............

Makes no difference. His main issue isn't route running. He's fighting the ball right now. If he catches what's thrown to him he would be having a nice rookie season; he probably would also be getting more targets too. He'll be alright in the end though. He is very talented. I think he's trying too hard at this point. What will get him going in the right direction is a big catch in a big situation. It will give all of us cardiac arrest to see the ball on its way to him with a game on the line, but if he catches it he'll keep moving forward from there.

Streamer was given a injury settlement & there are some weird rules about that stuff , has the boundaries of that injury agreement been reached ?

It would be great to have him back he did do great during camp & i was looking forward to him playing in the regular season ...

And we could use him right now !!

I would assume that since they're looking at them, they can sign and play them immediately. Otherwise, why look at them? And Thompson came in a week ago and played the next game, and he didn't know the playbook like Streater and Croom.

I would assume that since they're looking at them, they can sign and play them immediately. Otherwise, why look at them? And Thompson came in a week ago and played the next game, and he didn't know the playbook like Streater and Croom.

Tyrod knows Thompson well. They knew each other in high school. Spent 2-3 years together in Baltimore. Plus the 2015 preseason in Buff. Dennison was also in Balt one year.

Streeter arguably was our best WR in camp after Sammy left. Would love to see him back but all depends how he's recovered from injury, some guys never come back the same. Will be interesting to see what happens here. Tate and Holmes are only 2 that Bills would cut, and I think Holmes would be odd man out. Tate isn't flashy, but the guy is solid. I actually think Tate has potential to be a decent WR. To me, Holmes would be the obvious to go if Steeter is signed.

Streeter arguably was our best WR in camp after Sammy left. Would love to see him back but all depends how he's recovered from injury, some guys never come back the same. Will be interesting to see what happens here. Tate and Holmes are only 2 that Bills would cut, and I think Holmes would be odd man out. Tate isn't flashy, but the guy is solid. I actually think Tate has potential to be a decent WR. To me, Holmes would be the obvious to go if Steeter is signed.

He injured his toe. I doubt he is going to have serious issues getting back to where he was.

Tyrod knows Thompson well. They knew each other in high school. Spent 2-3 years together in Baltimore. Plus the 2015 preseason in Buff. Dennison was also in Balt one year.

I liked Streator not only for WR help, but good Special Teams too.

On the Thompson bit, this extra info about knowing each other in high school adds to the level of competency IMO about the Front Office, as it's something we haven't seen in a long time at OBD, which is competence. I really liked Thompson when he was here in Buffalo, and for the life of me didn't understand why they cut him and then watching him play on Sunday makes me wonder even more. But alas, even if it was just for one game, he showed chemistry does matter with the QB and he and Taylor had it for at least his first game. Hope it continues.

Yup. Mentioned most of that earlier. My point was more about how these guys can probably play this weekend if signed because there's no reason to look at them right now if they are still restricted from playing because of the injury settlements.

I liked Streator not only for WR help, but good Special Teams too.

On the Thompson bit, this extra info about knowing each other in high school adds to the level of competency IMO about the Front Office, as it's something we haven't seen in a long time at OBD, which is competence. I really liked Thompson when he was here in Buffalo, and for the life of me didn't understand why they cut him and then watching him play on Sunday makes me wonder even more. But alas, even if it was just for one game, he showed chemistry does matter with the QB and he and Taylor had it for at least his first game. Hope it continues.

With Thompson being in Buffalo before while Tyrod was also there, I doubt that this is a new revelation.

I talked to Andre Reed at our tailgate last year (his agent contacted me about making an appearance) and he said he had no interest in coaching and his busy with his kids and their schools in Baltimore. Here is is with Charlie Taylor, Washington HoF WR.

2_NFL_HOF_WRs.jpg

Wait, who are you from Jimmy's?

With Thompson being in Buffalo before while Tyrod was also there, I doubt that this is a new revelation.

No, my point being that FO was not here when Thompson was here last time, nor of course the HC, and that bringing about the knowledge that the two knew each other (and I presume teammates on some level), is the point that I was making. Yes, he was here when Tyrod was here, but the high school information was not something I was aware of, and therefore brought into new light and that such history adds to the ability of a WR being able to produce in the 1st week with the team, as seen on Sunday.

No, my point being that FO was not here when Thompson was here last time, nor of course the HC, and that bringing about the knowledge that the two knew each other (and I presume teammates on some level), is the point that I was making. Yes, he was here when Tyrod was here, but the high school information was not something I was aware of, and therefore brought into new light and that such history adds to the ability of a WR being able to produce in the 1st week with the team, as seen on Sunday.

I know the point you made, but it doesn't say anything additional about the level of competency of the current front office as you intimated because it's not something that was unknown to the previous regime.

@JonScottTV

Sean McDermott says #Bills just doing "due diligence" in working out Rod Streater. Doesn't believe time has passed for injury settlement

@SalSports

McDermott says he "doesn't believe" Rod Streater is eligible to be signed yet by Bills. I've confirmed via league source that is the case.

@SalSports

Considering team has TNF game next week, I'd keep an eye on the days or week after Jets game. If they feel he's healthy and can help

Makes no difference. His main issue isn't route running. He's fighting the ball right now. If he catches what's thrown to him he would be having a nice rookie season; he probably would also be getting more targets too. He'll be alright in the end though. He is very talented. I think he's trying too hard at this point. What will get him going in the right direction is a big catch in a big situation. It will give all of us cardiac arrest to see the ball on its way to him with a game on the line, but if he catches it he'll keep moving forward from there.

This really reminds me of Terrell Owen's rookie year. He was getting open and dropping balls left and right. Against GB in the playoffs he makes a catch at the goal line in like triple coverage to win it as time expired and came up with the ball crying. Then the next year he catches 20 balls on Rice's last game. And the story of TO was built. Idk if jones becomes great or im reaching here. A big play byJones and he could be off to the races as a legit Wr.