10-23: McDermott & Coordinator Monday Pressers

I'm guessing they're factoring in both Hyde's and Poyer's ability to matchup as former CBs that moved to Safety.

I would say that is their calculation. By no means is it their ideal situation but considering all the players that are available to them on this roster, that is their next best option.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing they're factoring in both Hyde's and Poyer's ability to matchup as former CBs that moved to Safety.

That was my line of thinking and I assume you're correct...

But if they slide down to corner, who plays safety? How many safeties have we been dressing? I haven't paid attention to that

@JaySkurski

Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier on Tre White: "The way he bounced back from adversity is what you need to have at his position."

Leslie Frazier on Shaq Lawson: "He's playing good football for us even (if) the numbers might not be there." #Bills

Leslie Frazier says Matt Milano "has really been encouraging for us." #Bills gave Milano a game ball after the win.

"He really played the way we need him to play yesterday." -- Leslie Frazier on Marcell Dareus.

Leslie Frazier says Trae Elston is the No. 3 safety at the moment, "but we'll see as the week goes on." #Bills

Leslie Frazier said the #Bills' defense does a walk thru on the lateral play they faced on the last play of the game Sunday.

Rick Dennison: "We tried to narrow down the running game to exactly what was best for our team....we had some discussions (with players)"

:thumbsup:

@Nick_Wojton

VIDEO: Leslie Frazier said Marcell Dareus "played the way we needed him to play yesterday." #Bills

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/922544593127735296/pu/vid/1280x720/nPevt4xNHLRjzP0f.mp4

VIDEO:While Tre White was hard on himself,Frazier said his mentality is where it needs to be."That's what you want from the position" #Bills

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/922544023058907136/pu/vid/1280x720/mfk5FskUySMGm_X9.mp4

VIDEO: When the #Bills went down 27-20, OC Rick Dennison said Tyrod Taylor's mind was on "winning the game"

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/922543008708550658/pu/vid/1280x720/sY1Og4W15PuGdxXj.mp4

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I wonder if Humber can play SLB so we can keep Milano at WLB?

I just think Alexander is better as a pass rusher on passing downs...make him part of the DL rotation.

This is what I am hoping also. Would make for a much more well rounded LB group. They'd still be able to get Lorax plenty of snaps.

HC Sean McDermott talks about injury updates, approaching each week as though there's something to prove and more.

QUICK HITS: POYER AND GAINES DAY TO DAY
jordan-poyer-10-23.jpg
A pair of Buffalo defensive backs did not escape injury Sunday. Cornerback could be a position where the Bills look to increase their numbers and a solid return by Cordy Glenn.

The one thing that McDermott does that I don't understand is only dressing 4 corners on game day...

That's hardly enough for a dime package...

If one goes down it can be really bad but if 2 goes down it's catastrophic... you can't play in the NFL with only 2-3 corners

Because our safeties are versitile......its Hydes specialty

Hopefully, Glenn stays healthy for the rest of the season.

@thadbrown7

Cordy Glenn played 58 of 68 offensive snaps yesterday. Dion Dawkins got the other 10 plus one at guard when Incognito went out. #Bills

I really wasn't paying attention did Glenn play the whole game? Who played right guard and tackle? Glenn looked pretty solid from what I saw.

Ducasse and Mills.

I really wasn't paying attention did Glenn play the whole game? Who played right guard and tackle? Glenn looked pretty solid from what I saw.

PFF had both Glenn and Mills graded out very high.

Keep in mind this was against the Bucs defense though which is among the worst in the league in many categories including QB pressure and sacks.

One thing we all know, if there is any bad news to be had by this team, no one will deliver that news faster than you will. Even if it's not bad news, you'll find a way to go all Eeyore over it.

"Well. Looks like the Bills won. Not a real quality win, though. Probably gonna lose the rest. Oh, bother."

This could quite possibly be the best post of this week.

Good to hear those guys are day to day. Especially Poyer. That could have been a catastrophe of an injury.

Edited by Scott7975

One thing we all know, if there is any bad news to be had by this team, no one will deliver that news faster than you will. Even if it's not bad news, you'll find a way to go all Eeyore over it.

"Well. Looks like the Bills won. Not a real quality win, though. Probably gonna lose the rest. Oh, bother."

....LMAO....shocking isn't it?........like the proverbial "bad penny".......

Because our safeties are versitile......its Hydes specialty

I understand that. But when Gaines and Johnson go down and we move Hyde to corner because we only have 2 then we are super thin at safety.

I don't think there is another team in the league that only dresses 4 CBs

I understand that. But when Gaines and Johnson go down and we move Hyde to corner because we only have 2 then we are super thin at safety.

It's not ideal but based on the players available to them, they went with the best players they thought could win that game.

There was definitely a roster imbalance with just 4 CBs and 5 OTs. Now remedied with the acquisition of McRae today.