Positives/Negatives from Today's game

POSITIVES:

1. Come from behind gut check was nice.
  2. Putting up 13 points in 10 minutes of the 4th quarter was nicer.
  3. Shady looking like Shady was sweet.
  4. Nick O'Leary being clutch was sweeter.
  5. Timely turnovers was great.
  6. Finding Thompson and him performing for 100+ yd receiving game was greater.
  7. Tyrod's passing day (to everyone but Jones) was awesome.
  8. Defense stuffing the run and forcing passing only was even more awesome
  9. A win like that was good.
  10. Forcing four turnovers was better.
  11. Putting up 30 points on offense was even better
  12. 3-0 at home and 4-2 (should be 6-0) 40% into the season and looking up is the best.

NEGATIVES

1. Two catches in nine targets for Zay Jones sucks. Accounted for most of TT's incomplete passes.
  2. Getting picked apart in the air makes me worry about facing the Pats in December.
  3. Leaving at least six points on the field after turnovers should have cost the Bills the game.
  4. Time management and play calling at the end of the 1st half was laughable and disgusting.

GRADES

• QB: A-
  • RB: A+
  • WR: B+ (Would be A if not for Zay Jones)
  • TE: A+
  • OL: A
  • DL: A
  • LB: B+ (soft in the middle)
  • DB: A
  • ST: A (one missed FG)
  • Coaching: B+ (that end of the 1st half BS was stupid and amateurish)

OVERALL: A

TRAP GAME WARNING: Oakland is big time beatable, but like Cincy, this is a big time trap game.

Edited by Overseas Bills Fan

I think an A for the DB's and a B+ for the LB's is being really kind.

After Gaines went out the communication/coverage was pretty bad. Multiple times a Buccaneer caught a pass with no one even in the camera shot from the Buffalo Bills.

Beginning to believe in McDermott. He will find a way to fix the kinds of things every team faces during the season. It's what a real coach does.

Positives

1. Putting 30 on the board

2. Tyrod's play

3. getting 4 turnovers

4. Hauschka

5. Come from behind victory

Negatives

1. Poyer getting injured on the final play of the game

2. Poor clock management at the end of the 1st half

3. Gave up nearly 400 yards through the air and 27 points

Entertainment wise: it was an excellent game.

Taylor is a good scrambler, but the stars must align for him to win a game. Yesterday they weren't aligned and somehow we got the win....something that even my wife was baffled by when I told her we won after being down 7 with 3 minutes to go.

Also, my inlaws have never seen the Bills win a game in 10 years. They saw them win against the Broncos.....THE BILLS ARE ON THEIR WAY TO GREAT THINGS!

How is it a trap when you are playing a team in Conference that was predicted by many to go deep into the play-offs and possibly in the Super Bowl, prior to the start of the season?

Agree...When the Bills are a perennial playoff team they can have trap games. When you haven't been in the playoffs for the entire century, you aren't good enough to have trap games.

Edited by Steve O

POSITIVES:

• Come from behind gut check was nice.
  • Putting up 13 points in 10 minutes of the 4th quarter was nicer.
  • Shady looking like Shady was sweet.
  • Nick O'Leary being clutch was sweeter.
  • Timely turnovers was great.
  • Finding Thompson and him performing for 100+ yd receiving game was greater.
  • Tyrod's passing day (to everyone but Jones) was awesome.
  • Defense stuffing the run and forcing passing only was even more awesome
  • A win like that was good.
  • Forcing four turnovers was better.
  • Putting up 30 points on offense was even better
  • 3-0 at home and 4-2 (should be 6-0) 40% into the season and looking up is the best.
NEGATIVES

• Two catches in nine targets for Zay Jones sucks. Accounted for most of TT's incomplete passes.
  • Getting picked apart in the air makes me worry about facing the Pats in December.
  • Leaving at least six points on the field after turnovers should have cost the Bills the game.
  • Time management and play calling at the end of the 1st half was laughable and disgusting.
GRADES

TRAP GAME WARNING: Oakland is big time beatable, but like Cincy, this is a big time trap game.

More like revenge game. After the embarrassment in the black hole last season its time for them to come into our house.

POSITIVES:

1. Come from behind gut check was nice.
  2. Putting up 13 points in 10 minutes of the 4th quarter was nicer.
  3. Shady looking like Shady was sweet.
  4. Nick O'Leary being clutch was sweeter.
  5. Timely turnovers was great.
  6. Finding Thompson and him performing for 100+ yd receiving game was greater.
  7. Tyrod's passing day (to everyone but Jones) was awesome.
  8. Defense stuffing the run and forcing passing only was even more awesome
  9. A win like that was good.
  10. Forcing four turnovers was better.
  11. Putting up 30 points on offense was even better
  12. 3-0 at home and 4-2 (should be 6-0) 40% into the season and looking up is the best.

NEGATIVES

1. Two catches in nine targets for Zay Jones sucks. Accounted for most of TT's incomplete passes.
  2. Getting picked apart in the air makes me worry about facing the Pats in December.
  3. Leaving at least six points on the field after turnovers should have cost the Bills the game.
  4. Time management and play calling at the end of the 1st half was laughable and disgusting.

GRADES

This was an exciting win. It was great to see the offense show some life. It was particularly fun to watch the Bills demonstrate heart by coming back from 27-20.

But overall an "A"???

Winston gashed us for 384 yards passing while the Bucs earned both more total yards and first downs than us. While our offense put up 30 points, they also missed some critical opportunities off turnovers.

A great win but not an "A" performance against a 2-4 team.

This was an exciting win. It was great to see the offense show some life. It was particularly fun to watch the Bills demonstrate heart by coming back from 27-20.

But overall an "A"???

Winston gashed us for 384 yards passing while the Bucs earned both more total yards and first downs than us. While our offense put up 30 points, they also missed some critical opportunities off turnovers.

A great win but not an "A" performance against a 2-4 team.

It wasn't an "A" game in the classical sense. Where they dominated both sides of the ball.

But what was an "A" game aside from their offense today was their character, their grit. I think many of us fans thought we were going to lose once the score went 27-20.

This team fought through it and made plays when it counted. Winston looked like an All Pro yesterday, the guy was on fire. We really went up against an offense that was hitting on just about all cylinders in the passing game. To come away with a victory was damn impressive.

Beating the Raiders will make a believer out of me.

That game is going to be a defensive grinder.

I'm curious about what happened yesterday in the second half. Did TB make offensive adjustments that worked or did we make defensive adjustments that didn't work?

Maybe I missed it but did McD come out and state that was the play he told TT to run, to throw it to the guy in the flat 3 yards up field?

Even the play prior was that the planned 1st option

1. Time management and play calling at the end of the 1st half was laughable and disgusting.