Did Trump Disrespect A Dead American Soldier?

Tiberius

Worse than the whole thing with LaDavid Johnsons widow is this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-offered-a-grieving-military-father-25000-in-a-call-but-didnt-follow-through/2017/10/18/8d4cbc8c-b43a-11e7-be94-fabb0f1e9ffb_story.html?pushid=59e7b0762e6a733200000041&tid=notifi_push_breaking-news&utm_term=.9ec2e63cda0d

Trump promised a Gold Star father a $25,000 check, which he never received. He also lied about calling every Gold Star parents when about half say they never got a call.

How far down will Trumps supporters follow him? This is all very embarrassing.

Edited by HappyDays

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there no limits to how low some will sink to try and get political points. The left, and those trying to take advantage of the dead, are some of the purest forms of scum possible. Yall (you know who you are) ought to be ashamed of yourselves, IRL. Seriously, I hope some of you reevaluate your political passions.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/10/19/gold-star-father-john-kelly-blasts-congresswoman-politicizing-trump-phone-call/

Edited by Paulus

Sorry, not buying it. Trump knew he was talking to a Black person and his track record in provoking fights with people of color is long and shameful.

No, your trashing of Trump on this matter is shameful.

Think about it for a second.........

Trump is really gonna call a fallen soldiers widow just to insult and disrespect her and her family? Give me a fvcking break.

You have be a mental midget to actually believe a sitting President in the United States is going to do that. I wouldn't even accuse Obama of doing that, even though he's the worst President this country has ever seen.

Are there no limits to how low some will sink to try and get political points. The left, and those trying to take advantage of the dead, are some of the purest forms of scum possible. Yall (you know who you are) ought to be ashamed of yourselves, IRL. Seriously, I hope some of you reevaluate your political passions.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/10/19/gold-star-father-john-kelly-blasts-congresswoman-politicizing-trump-phone-call/

Liberals are proving everywhere everyday across this country that they are anti-American scum and will stoop to any level to get their useless political agenda across.

So when Trump had the mother of a dead State Department employee come to the RNC convention, and again to one of his debates, was that politicizing the dead? Or do you hand wave that one away?

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/301506-benghazi-victims-mother-to-attend-debate-as-trumps-guest

Think about it for a second.........

Trump is really gonna call a fallen soldiers widow just to insult and disrespect her and her family? Give me a fvcking break.

No, he probably felt he also had to call this family and didn't exactly put his all into it. Treated them as an afterthought.

Go back and look at Gator's last 10 posts......no matter WHAT the thread.......and they all refer to Trump being a racist............every single one :lol:

Just following along with my man George W Bush:

"Our identity as a nation, unlike other nations, is not determined by geography or ethnicity, by soil or blood. ... This means that people from every race, religion, ethnicity can be full and equally American," he said during remarks at the George W. Bush Institute in New York City. "It means that bigotry and white supremacy, in any form, is blasphemy against the American creed."
He added that "bigotry seems emboldened," though he didn't explain why.
Edited by Tiberius

Its all ME ME ME with trump

Ive worked with many people who claim to be the best or to only work with the best.

Its all a load of BS and hot air.

When you open your trap and say stupid **** you deserve the feedback you get.

It happens to me a lot.

of course, but why do the media insist on blowing up every tiny little dumb thing?

there is no more house money on crying wolf, and not even 1 year into Trump's 8 as POTUS

Its all ME ME ME with trump

Ive worked with many people who claim to be the best or to only work with the best.

Its all a load of BS and hot air.

When you open your trap and say stupid **** you deserve the feedback you get.

It happens to me a lot.

If Trump were on this board, he'd be challenging gatorman for the most "You're an idiot" responses.

It doesn't matter what was said, they'll just make up whatever they want and the media will put it in BREAKING NEWS headlines all the live-long day.

Did the other 3 dead have families that wanted to make a big production out of it?

Thats A call, it isnt THE call. Again, the call to LadDavid Johnsons widow is overblown anyways. The bigger story should be that Trunp lied about calling families and lied to that father about sending him a check. Theres nothing surprising about it, just another way he managed to disrespect military men while telling others they are disrespectful.

Thats A call, it isnt THE call. Again, the call to LadDavid Johnsons widow is overblown anyways. The bigger story should be that Trunp lied about calling families and lied to that father about sending him a check. Theres nothing surprising about it, just another way he managed to disrespect military men while telling others they are disrespectful.

Isn't it time for the next huge exaggeration from CNN?

Of course, "bigger" is a comparison. Neither story's at all important. Both are getting infinitely more coverage than Russia's threats to Finland this week, which I'd suggest is slightly more important.

The reality is that this congresswoman is desperate for attention, in any manner she can get it, even now suggesting that Kelly's comment about being an 'empty barrel' was racist.

What an absolutely disgusting excuse for a human.

On the upside, based on the way the left is coming to her side while pissing all over a four-star general, gold star father, Wilson is now, without question, the face of the today's Democratic party, and Trump's next step should be to send her a thank you note for contributing to his 2020 campaign.

Of course, "bigger" is a comparison. Neither story's at all important. Both are getting infinitely more coverage than Russia's threats to Finland this week, which I'd suggest is slightly more important.

99% of all news stories arent important if you want to be pedantic. I find the hypocrisy of it all very funny. Trump as the face of the respect the military movement, or the pro-life movement. Satire brought to life.

99% of all news stories arent important if you want to be pedantic. I find the hypocrisy of it all very funny. Trump as the face of the respect the military movement, or the pro-life movement. Satire brought to life.

no, you seem to get your jollies nitpicking on this kind of waste of time

So he is polite and grateful to one widow, but not the other got it.

no, you seem to get your jollies nitpicking on this kind of waste of time

Well if its any consolation to you I did the same thing when Obama and Clinton suddenly came out in favor of gay marriage, right as the approval for it ticked over 50%. Or when liberals boycotted Chick-Fil-A, and discussed the boycott over phones made in Chinese sweatshops.

I mean the GOP made a big deal about Benghazi, now something happens in Niger and Trump is caught lying about conversations with Gold Star families and suddenly soldiers deaths shouldnt be politicized! Imagine that. Every transfer of power in the White House comes with a transfer of principles.

Well if its any consolation to you I did the same thing when Obama and Clinton suddenly came out in favor of gay marriage, right as the approval for it ticked over 50%. Or when liberals boycotted Chick-Fil-A, and discussed the boycott over phones made in Chinese sweatshops.

I mean the GOP made a big deal about Benghazi, now something happens in Niger and Trump is caught lying about conversations with Gold Star families and suddenly soldiers deaths shouldnt be politicized! Imagine that. Every transfer of power in the White House comes with a transfer of principles.

Benghazi got political the very moment Barry, Hillary and Susan Rice agreed to lie to the Americans about what happened and why it happened, all to a backdrop of Obama flying to Vegas for a fundraiser.

Their blatant lies to the American people about the Youtube video is on them. They got what they deserved for that embarrassing fiasco.

Benghazi got political the very moment Barry, Hillary and Susan Rice agreed to lie to the Americans about what happened and why it happened, all to a backdrop of Obama flying to Vegas for a fundraiser.

Their blatant lies to the American people about the Youtube video is on them. They got what they deserved for that embarrassing fiasco.

People don't seem to understand that they actually put a US citizen in jail in concert with their lies.

That's horrific.

Please explain how Trump was caught in a lie.

I'm pedantic enough about it that I don't watch the news.

Nice thing about the internet as a source is that you can filter out all that noise - I can ignore the ridiculous hand-wringing about Trump's tweet-du-jour and instead read about the ongoing exercises in Korea, or the Pentagon's refusal to admit the cost of the new B-21 bomber program.

People don't seem to understand that they actually put a US citizen in jail in concert with their lies.

That's horrific.

Yup.

They put a US citizen in jail to cover their illegal gun running program into Syria, which was directly arming ISIS and AQ fighters in theater.

That's doubly horrific.

They put him in jail for violating his parole. Because he violated his parole.

The violation of his parole stems from not being forthcoming with the FBI when being questioned about his role in the production of the movie, and from using a pseudonym in it's production.

Let's not pretend this was standard federal protocol.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

As a veteran I don't have a problem with Trump's phone call. He meant well , that matters . Kelly told him don't make calls , I agree.

Let the military comfort the families. Unfortunately they have a lot of experience in this sad task, and at the graveside ceremony.

The violation of his parole stems from not being forthcoming with the FBI when being questioned about his role in the production of the movie, and from using a pseudonym in it's production.

Let's not pretend this was standard federal protocol.

And from using a computer, which violated his probation (not parole, sorry.) And multiple instances of using an alias in violation of his probation.

I'm not disputing that they went after him because of that video...but largely because it made him visible. They certainly didn't jail him improperly - the guy's an ass, and violated his probation more than enough to deserve it.

Well, it looks like this one might get even more political. This would explain why the Washington Post had to push Trump to even bother calling the families since they sent no letters. His stupid political stunt of a travel ban might have brought on the attack as Chad pulled their forces out of Niger.

https://www.voanews.com/a/chad-pulls-troops-from-fight-against-boko-haram-in-niger/4068112.html

NIAMEY / DAKAR —

Chad has withdrawn hundreds of troops from neighboring Niger, where they were helping local forces fight Boko Haram Islamist militants, humanitarian sources and officials said.

The pullout over the past two weeks could weaken a regional struggle against the militants, who have killed tens of thousands of people, forced many more to flee and triggered a humanitarian crisis.

There was no immediate explanation or comment from defense officials in Chad.

But the move came a month after the vast central African country complained about an unexpected U.S. travel ban imposed on its nationals. Chad warned at the time the order could affect its security commitments — which include its involvement in the U.S.-backed fight against Boko Haram.

It appears that Kelly drank the Trump koolaid and has now lied about the congresswoman's speech at an FBI building dedication, which he could have easily verified by watching the video of her speech. So now the White House has lowered itself to trying to besmirch a congresswoman in order to cover Trump's continued errors and outright lies.

Let's see if the Republicans in Congress will investigate Trumpghazi and hold public hearings with the same vigor they had when they opened Pandora's Box and politicized the Benghazi investigation.

Were the US soldiers put in harms way with inadequate support because Chad withdrew its troops because the Trump administration put Chad on the travel ban list because there was a shortage of passport paper in Chad, which let Trump claim it was no longer just a Muslim ban? Soldiers died because the US couldn't ship Chad some paper?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/chad-added-trump-travel-ban-over-passport-paper-shortage-officials-n812166

It appears that Kelly drank the Trump koolaid and has now lied about the congresswoman's speech at an FBI building dedication, which he could have easily verified by watching the video of her speech. So now the White House has lowered itself to trying to besmirch a congresswoman in order to cover Trump's continued errors and outright lies.

Let's see if the Republicans in Congress will investigate Trumpghazi and hold public hearings with the same vigor they had when they opened Pandora's Box and politicized the Benghazi investigation.

Were the US soldiers put in harms way with inadequate support because Chad withdrew its troops because the Trump administration put Chad on the travel ban list because there was a shortage of passport paper in Chad, which let Trump claim it was no longer just a Muslim ban? Soldiers died because the US couldn't ship Chad some paper?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/chad-added-trump-travel-ban-over-passport-paper-shortage-officials-n812166

CORRECTION: The audio is from a different Gold Star widow getting the same phone call.

Nonetheless, you can hear the words...hear the genuine nature of the President's sympathy.

Here you go.

You can't believe how badly Wilson FUBAR'ed this widow's sacred moment. Absolutely disgusting.

Give it a listen, then crawl back into your hole.

Edited by LABillzFan

That's horrific.

No, people just don't care what Obama did while in office. It is like he got a free pass to act like a 3rd world politician (corrupt to the bone).

*Seriously, the race cards have been played, haha.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5000710/Wilson-hits-John-Kelly-barrels-charge.html

Edited by Paulus

White House chief of staff John Kelly, a retired four-star Marine Corps general advised Trump against calling families of soldiers killed in action “because it’s not the phone call that parents, family members are looking forward to.”

Ms. Wilson, in an interview on Friday, called Mr. Kelly a liar and hinted strongly that the altercation, prompted by a call from President Trump to the widow of a fallen black soldier, was racially charged.

The White House itself is full of white supremacists, she said.

I feel very sorry for him because he feels such a need to lie on me and Im not even his enemy, Ms. Wilson said of Mr. Kelly. I just cant even imagine why he would fabricate something like that. That is absolutely insane. Im just flabbergasted because its very easy to trace.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/20/us/politics/trump-kelly-congresswoman-wilson-niger.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0