Fairburn: Tyrod Taylor on the Verge of a Breakout Month?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very wary of the notion of Buffalo's schedule going forward becoming softer. Yes, I know Denver and Atlanta were considered to be elite going into the season, and all five teams Buffalo has faced are considered to have good to elite defenses, but sometimes the Bills have displayed a tendency to play to the level of their opponent.. I hope the Bills win this weekend and Tyrod does well, but. . . we'll see.

Anyone else notice on that PFF report that Tyrod ranks 32 in time to throw?

Yes at 3.13 seconds or something like that. Strange because NFL official stats rank him at 28th with 2.89 secs. Not much difference though.

Edited by Scott7975

https://wham1180.iheart.com/featured/bob-matthews-column/content/2017-10-18-matthews-bills-will-be-facing-lousy-defenses/

BILLS WILL BE FACING A PARADE OF LOUSY DEFENSES

"If you’re looking for a reason to believe these offensively-challenged Buffalo Bills might end their 17-year playoff drought this season, check out the defenses they’ll be facing the rest of the way.

"Here’s where Buffalo’s opponents in the 11 remaining regular-season games rank in the 32-team NFL on defense entering Week 7 (in chronological order) –

30th...23rd...25th...26th...18th...29th...32nd...31st...11th...32nd...11th.

The two 11ths are the two games against Miami and the two 32nds are the two games against New England. The Dolphins have by far the NFL’s worst offense (242.8 yards and 12.2 points per game) and the Patriots have by far the league’s worst defense (440.7 yards allowed per game – 31st-ranked Indianapolis is 410.0 ) and 30th-ranked 26.5 points allowed per game.

Maybe the resourceful Bills can keep their heads above water in the NFL’s current sea of mediocrity."

Edited by JM2009

If Green Bay offers a first round pick for Taylor, say yes and hang up the phone quickly so they don't change their mind.

Never going to happen, though.

I would jump for joy for a 3rd round pick for him.

Nobody is giving that in my opinion, remember nobody wanted him during that contract time

Huh?

During what contract time?

Taylor has never not been under contract with Buffalo since the offseason leading up to 2015.

Is that what you're talking about?

If so, no surprise considering he hadn't started a game at that point.

Otherwise, Tyrod Taylor has been under contract since then and inquiries from other teams directed at him and his agent would have been considered tampering.

That's a fact, Jack 0:)

I am not going to hold my breath, but please break out

agreed. I don't see much offensive production unless the zone read threat comes back. Clay was a big factor who is now gone with no one to replace him. defenses will go 8 in box to stuff the run and therefore kill Dennison's run- then- play -action-pass scheme. given no pass game threat, It's pretty easy to play defense with NFL calibre defensive talent. I see this thing going downhill pretty fast from a win/loss perspective. course I said that about the first 5 games too.... we shall see. Dennison has a big challenge -- he's pretty old school so I doubt this cat can change his stripes. Plus McBeanes are assessing/building their roster and straightening out the salary cap / draft position this year for the most part.. if not they would keep last year's WRs for example. Trust the process. 8-8 record, maybe.. Taylor playing with one hand tied behind his back.

Edited by 8-8 Forever?

If Green Bay offers a first round pick for Taylor, say yes and hang up the phone quickly so they don't change their mind.

Never going to happen, though.

I don't think going from Aaron Rodgers to Tyrod Taylor is what GB is looking for. We went from EJ Manuel/Kyle Orton to Tyrod Taylor and the team got worse, for Christ's sake. Even Blake Bortles throws more touchdowns than Tyrod.

Blake. Bortles.

I don't think going from Aaron Rodgers to Tyrod Taylor is what GB is looking for. We went from EJ Manuel/Kyle Orton to Tyrod Taylor and the team got worse, for Christ's sake. Even Blake Bortles throws more touchdowns than Tyrod.

Blake. Bortles.

8TDs to 6TDs. 6 games to 5 games. Also Bortles had half his TDs in the Ravens game disaster.

8TDs to 6TDs. 6 games to 5 games. Also Bortles had half his TDs in the Ravens game disaster.

Fact: Week 7 - Bortles has more TDs than Taylor.

Fact: Week 7- Bortles has 8 less sacks than Taylor.

Fact: Week 7 - Neither Bortles nor Taylor has a single rushing TD.