11-19-0 and 128 yards passing, with a convincing NFL win

Foreigner

He's 2-16 in games in which we trail by 4 at any point.....that includes when he had Watkins, Woods, Goodwin and Hogan.

Thomas is not on the team because other WR are gone, he's on the team because he's our 3rd string TE.

Of course, the record prior to this year (2-14) in those games was when we had a Top 10 scoring offense. But the answer is definitely that we weren't scoring enough when we had those players.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the Tyrod haters out there, and all the non believers who say you can not win in the NFL

with the above QB numbers, the 0-5 Giants defeated the Broncos last night in Denver 23-10.

This result with the Giants losing their top 4 receivers due to injury. For the Giants TE Engram

was 5-82 and the Giants total offense was only 266 yards. Maybe we can have a very successful season if the OL can open up enough holes in the run game to get Shady going again, and with the

Giants start and non playoff appearances Eli is not getting killed like Tyrod is. Denver's QB's

threw for 394 yards. Just sayin.

Nobody ever said you can't win a game with pedestrian stat lines from your starting QB, especially as the exception vs the norm.

The problem with the Bills though compared to some of these other teams/players is that Taylor rarely exceeds 200+ passing yards in a game. For a team like the Giants the norm with Eli Manning on a good day is 200 - 300 yards and he has the ability to win games on his own.

At the end of the day this is still a QB driven league and until the Bills find one we'll never climb out of the NFL abyss.

I don't love Eli, but you're comparing a QB that has won two Super Bowls with Tyrod Taylor. The one stat worth looking at, Eli Manning has came back in the 4th quarter 17.0% of the times he has tried. Tyrod Taylor has came back

I thought I read a state somewhere where Tyrod was like 1-15 when traiing by 4 or more points in the 4th quarter (6%). That is absolutely abysmal. Basically, if we're losing in the fourth quarter, we're going to lose the game with Tyrod.

How about this: if we're losing in the fourth quarter with 3 minutes to go, down by 4+, put in Peterman. Can we at least agree on that? It's at least a guaranteed loss with Taylor in. With Petermen, if he wins 20% (3x more than Taylor) of those games, the Bills go to the playoffs because our defense will keep us in each and every game.

Edited by BillsFan3434

I don't love Eli, but you're comparing a QB that has won two Super Bowls with Tyrod Taylor. The one stat worth looking at, Eli Manning has came back in the 4th quarter

17.0% of the times he has tried. Tyrod Taylor has came back

I thought I read a state somewhere where Tyrod was like 1-15 when traiing by 4 or more points in the 4th quarter (6%). That is absolutely abysmal. Basically, if we're losing in the fourth quarter, we're going to lose the game with Tyrod.

How about this: if we're losing in the fourth quarter with 3 minutes to go, down by 4+, put in Peterman. Can we at least agree on that? It's at least a guaranteed loss with Taylor in. With Petermen, if he wins 20% (3x more than Taylor) of those games, the Bills go to the playoffs because our defense will keep us in each and every game.

I'll say this again...Aaron Rodgers is 1-35 when trailing by more than 1 point in the 4th quarter against winning teams.

The stat is bad but there is more to it than just QB. For instance I bet one of those losses was the Miami game when Tyrod gave this team a lead with a minute and small change left to play. I bet another loss was the Seattle game where Taylor drove us down to the red zone only to hav e 1 receiver knocked down on his rear and two others totally mugged and no flag.

Edited by Scott7975

I appreciate the OP's point but I'm tired about arguing whether or not we can win with Tyrod as our QB.

Minds are made up. No amount of logic or statistics is going to change anyone's opinion. That's all up to Tyrod now.

I'm content to watch and - as a Bills fan - I hope Tyrod proves his doubters wrong.

Football isn't about numbers.

Actually it is a game of numbers. Points are the only numbers that count.

And they all count the same be they from defense scoring them to Kicking Teams to 95 yard 14 play drives taking 11 minutes.

Come on now. People still argue about Flutie every so often. This will go on forever lol.

Don't bring up Flutie's name around Gug.

Rodgers only threw for 18 yards and they only lost by 13, so it stands to reason that if Tyrod only throws for

62 yards (yet remains the ever fun, elusive, thoughtful game manager), we should basically almost win sometimes.

I don't think anyone is saying he needs to throw 300 yards every game...that's nearly 5,000 yards on the season which is very unrealistic.

Just improving from being the bottom of the league 3 years in a row. We haven't been able to move the ball consistently in the air at all for 3 years now.

DING DING DING

300 would be nice to see and not a mandate.

But I guess its easier to run with an agenda to twist the topic.

The only solution is to hijack the sucker and make it into an Anti-Anti-Anti Taylor thread !!!!

LOL

Rodgers only threw for 18 yards and they only lost by 13, so it stands to reason that if Tyrod only throws for

62 yards (yet remains the ever fun, elusive, thoughtful game manager), we should basically almost win sometimes.

On the other hand, let's review most yards :

(1) Trevor Siemian - 376 yds, loss

(2) Josh McCown,- 354 yds, loss

(3) Kirk Cousins - 330 yds, Win

(4) Matthew Stafford, 312 yds, loss

(5) Ryan Fitzpatrick, 290 yds, loss

And even Kirk was a near-run thing against lowly San Francisco......

Edited by grb