11-19-0 and 128 yards passing, with a convincing NFL win

Foreigner

For all the Tyrod haters out there, and all the non believers who say you can not win in the NFL

with the above QB numbers, the 0-5 Giants defeated the Broncos last night in Denver 23-10.

This result with the Giants losing their top 4 receivers due to injury. For the Giants TE Engram

was 5-82 and the Giants total offense was only 266 yards. Maybe we can have a very successful season if the OL can open up enough holes in the run game to get Shady going again, and with the

Giants start and non playoff appearances Eli is not getting killed like Tyrod is. Denver's QB's

threw for 394 yards. Just sayin.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard Brees threw for less than 200 and they scored over 50. Defense scored 21 of them.

Multiple ways to win in the NFL

Yes there are, but your offense still needs to be good enough to score TD's when they gain possession in oppenents territory. We have not been capitalizing on turnovers like winning teams do. Kicking field goals more frequently than scoring TD's, after gaining great field position post turnover is not a winning formula. At this time, no one on our offense is good enough to be on a winning team.

Yes there are, but your offense still needs to be good enough to score TD's when they gain possession in oppenents territory. We have not been capitalizing on turnovers like winning teams do. Kicking field goals more frequently than scoring TD's, after gaining great field position post turnover is not a winning formula. At this time, no one on our offense is good enough to be on a winning team.

It bit them squarely in the ass in Cincinnati.

That is untrue because they actually are on a winning team. The odds are that the offense will have to improve and score more points to continue winning games as the season goes on. The Offense needs to score more points , be more efficient in the red zone etc. it doesn't really matter how they get there, as long as they find ways to score points.

but it doesn't count if you have under 300 passing yards

Football isn't about numbers. Regardless of your side in the TT debate, judging him solely on numbers isn't fair. Football is a game of inches, it's about making clutch plays at the right time. TT fails at this more often than he succeeds. We are 4-2 if he makes a quick read and gets the ball to Logan Thomas. Instead, he chose to wave him into the endzone. We missed a chance to put seven on the board, and eventually lost a game we would have likely won otherwise.

Football isn't about numbers. Regardless of your side in the TT debate, judging him solely on numbers isn't fair. Football is a game of inches, it's about making clutch plays at the right time. TT fails at this more often than he succeeds. We are 4-2 if he makes a quick read and gets the ball to Logan Thomas. Instead, he chose to wave him into the endzone. We missed a chance to put seven on the board, and eventually lost a game we would have likely won otherwise.

I understand football.....I was making a joke...follow along

Shall we add from yesterday Trubisky 8-16-0-113 with the Bears winning with 27 points,

Goff 11-21-0-124 with the Rams winning with 27 points.

Drafting a QB you want and hope to throw for 300 every game to make the playoffs, is unlikely to happen.

That is untrue because they actually are on a winning team. The odds are that the offense will have to improve and score more points to continue winning games as the season goes on. The Offense needs to score more points , be more efficient in the red zone etc. it doesn't really matter how they get there, as long as they find ways to score points.

I agree with you that the offense needs to improve. You are correct in pointing out this is a winning team. Sadly, if the offense doesn't show improvement, we won't be one for long. I'm discouraged by the fact that I don't see many signs pointing to an offense with the ability to improve. There are simply too many things wrong with this offense imo. The problems range from personnel to coaching/scheme. Unless one or both of these change, I don't see things getting better. Hopefully I'm wrong, I want to watch a winning team with an exciting offense.

I understand football.....I was making a joke...follow along

I'm agreeing with you that's it's unfair when TT's critics use his numbers as an indicator that he's a terrible QB. There are other more telling aspects of his game to point out. Numbers are an easy way to make an argument without digging deeper. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Shall we add from yesterday Trubisky 8-16-0-113 with the Bears winning with 27 points,

Goff 11-21-0-124 with the Rams winning with 27 points.

Drafting a QB you want and hope to throw for 300 every game to make the playoffs, is unlikely to happen.

I don't think anyone is saying he needs to throw 300 yards every game...that's nearly 5,000 yards on the season which is very unrealistic.

Just improving from being the bottom of the league 3 years in a row. We haven't been able to move the ball consistently in the air at all for 3 years now.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

The throw to Logan Thomas was not good, but unless he is going to the hall of fame, there is a lot of doubt what

he can catch. He is probably a nice guy, but he is a failed QB, and the only reason he is on the team or even

in a game as a WR is because Watkins, Woods, Goodwin and Hogan are gone, and correct me if I am wrong,

but isn't he another Carolina reject, or is that K. Clay. If you are going to rely on either guys to make game winning

catches all year long, that is really misguided.

The throw to Logan Thomas was not good, but unless he is going to the hall of fame, there is a lot of doubt what

he can catch. He is probably a nice guy, but he is a failed QB, and the only reason he is on the team or even

in a game as a WR is because Watkins, Woods, Goodwin and Hogan are gone, and correct me if I am wrong,

but isn't he another Carolina reject, or is that K. Clay. If you are going to rely on either guys to make game winning

He's 2-16 in games in which we trail by 4 at any point.....that includes when he had Watkins, Woods, Goodwin and Hogan.

Thomas is not on the team because other WR are gone, he's on the team because he's our 3rd string TE.

How can they prove they can make game winning catches, if the QB wont throw them the ball??

For all the Tyrod haters out there, and all the non believers who say you can not win in the NFL

with the above QB numbers, the 0-5 Giants defeated the Broncos last night in Denver 23-10.

This result with the Giants losing their top 4 receivers due to injury. For the Giants TE Engram

was 5-82 and the Giants total offense was only 266 yards. Maybe we can have a very successful season if the OL can open up enough holes in the run game to get Shady going again, and with the

Giants start and non playoff appearances Eli is not getting killed like Tyrod is. Denver's QB's

threw for 394 yards. Just sayin.

So are you saying we should hope for an anomaly every week?