Tyrod Taylor held to higher standard bc he's black ?

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with Tyrod has almost NOTHING to do with all of the stats that people on here keep quoting.

His problem is that virtually NEVER leads a game winning fourth quarter drive when the Team needs one. PERIOD!

Change that one thing and nothing else matters. And by the way, that same trait separates virtually ALL of the highly respected QBs.

Yup, but this was already discussed.

Taylor and Aaron Rodgers both suck at this and that's why they are at best backup QB's in the NFL.

Packers are 0-35 with Aaron Rodgers at QB when trailing by more than one point in the fourth quarter against a team with a winning record.

How can Hundley be ANY WORSE?

Yup, but this was already discussed.

Taylor and Aaron Rodgers both suck at this and that's why they are at best backup QB's in the NFL.

Packers are 0-35 with Aaron Rodgers at QB when trailing by more than one point in the fourth quarter against a team with a winning record.

How can Hundley be ANY WORSE?

Can we compare their stats against all teams, not just teams with winning records?

Because then it's like 11-34 versus 1-11.

Math.

From now on, I will embrace this country's racist passed [sic], and expect Tyrod Taylor to be no more than 3/5 as good as a white QB.

You may be joking but I will bite anyway.

That 3/5 thing done before civil war was not racist. Do some research if you like, it is very interesting.. It was a compromise intended to prevent the civil war by appeasing the South when the South argued they needed more representation in congress because they had more "people" in the South than the census counted as they did not count slaves at tis time. They wanted reps in congress to be calculated on total number of citizens AND slaves in the South. 1 counting as 1. Even though we all know they were inherently racist and never considered a slave an equal as proven by history both before, during, and after, the civil war.

This was merely a power grab by the South and the North seen through it. The North acquiesced and appeased and compromised by agreeing to the 3/5 ths rule even though slaves were not considered citizens, had no rights, and could not vote.

Of course appeasement never works and it all blew up. But this 3/5ths thing was not racist. Keeping in mind many in South and North were racists at that time.

Edited by cba fan

If he hits Zay on that last play in Carolina (and I'm not saying it was all his fault) then the ENTIRE discussion changes. I could give a number of very similar end of game examples.

He did hit Zay on that last play

When your a WR who has the ball hit you right in the hands and your strength is catch radius and flypaper hands......that is a play that Zay has to make.

If he hits Zay on that last play in Carolina (and I'm not saying it was all his fault) then the ENTIRE discussion changes. I could give a number of very similar end of game examples.

I'm not sure the entire discussion changes, but I get your point and agree with you premise...he does need to lead the team to more wins and raise the level of play of his teammates...instead Tyrod is a guy who seems to need all stars at every position to succeed- and that's not good enough imo.

Edited by JaCrispy

He did hit Zay on that last play

When your a WR who has the ball hit you right in the hands and your strength is catch radius and flypaper hands......that is a play that Zay has to make.

I think his flypaper might have been exposed to some sort of dust. Needs some new ****.

Need an Italian recipe for tonight guys, dates coming over and we are cooking together.

Can't go wrong with Kraft Mac and Cheese. Bring water to a boil, add macaroni. In 10 minurtes or so drain noodles and put back in the pan with a chunk of butter, some milk and powdered cheese. Mix well and bon apetite~

I'm not sure the entire discussion changes, but I get your point and agree with you premise...he does need to lead the team to more wins and raise the level of play of his teammates...instead Tyrod is a guy who seems to need all stars at every position to succeed- and that's not good enough imo.

Or maybe just catch a friggen ball

I think his flypaper might have been exposed to some sort of dust. Needs some new ****.

Agreed....we REALLY need Zay to become the player he was supposed to be when we drafted him.

You may be joking but I will bite anyway.

That 3/5 thing done before civil war was not racist. Do some research if you like, it is very interesting.. It was a compromise intended to prevent the civil war by appeasing the South when the South argued they needed more representation in congress because they had more "people" in the South than the census counted as they did not count slaves at tis time. They wanted reps in congress to be calculated on total number of citizens AND slaves in the South. 1 counting as 1. Even though we all know they were inherently racist and never considered a slave an equal as proven by history both before, during, and after, the civil war.

This was merely a power grab by the South and the North seen through it. The North acquiesced and appeased and compromised by agreeing to the 3/5 ths rule even though slaves were not considered citizens, had no rights, and could not vote.

Of course appeasement never works and it all blew up. But this 3/5ths thing was not racist. Keeping in mind many in South and North were racists at that time.

You missed something so small it is huge....passed...

SEE? All of you Tyrod-haters are just a bunch of effing racists...furthermore, my computer is telling me that the word "Tyrod" is spelled incorrectly even with a capital letter which signifies a name. He's right, even African-American names are held to a higher standard. #sevenstepdropback #drewbreesisshorttoo #imgoodenough

Has anyone here change their mind on this yet?

there is probably more agreement here than most people think...just saying it in different ways imo...but i get the impression most people feel Tyrod overstepped here.

Edited by JaCrispy

there is probably more agreement here than most people think...just saying it in different ways imo

yeah but no one's changing her mind. Because this isn't about Colin Kaepernick or kneeling. This isn't about Tyrod Taylor of being black. 2 most people it's just shut the !@#$ up and play football

yeah but no one's changing her mind. Because this isn't about Colin Kaepernick or kneeling. This isn't about Tyrod Taylor of being black. 2 most people it's just shut the !@#$ up and play football

I hear ya...from the start I was always surprised the NFL allowed the protesting- not that I'm for or against- but rather just because the players are doing it while wearing the "company" uniform...I know my employer probably wouldn't like me going out protesting while in uniform.

I hear ya...from the start I was always surprised the NFL allowed the protesting- not that I'm for or against- but rather just because the players are doing it while wearing the "company" uniform...I know my employer probably wouldn't like me going out protesting while in uniform.

If it's ALLOWED, it's not a protest.