TNF: Eagles vs. Panthers on CBS, NFLN, & Amazon Prime

it must be because you perpetuate it. Plain and simple. Ignore part of it, all of it or any of it.

and your two scents do nothing but add to the poo. Let it go and clear the air.

Boyst62

Is he a farmer? :thumbsup:

Is he a ladies man? :thumbsup:

Is he a counselor? :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure the dude you are talking to is actually a chick, based on her responses in threads. You should be hittin that! :beer:

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all nonsense.

You can keep popping off and pretending that I haven't posted good, quality, thoughtful and detailed responses while keeping the choldishness out of it, and still got the same kind of feedback.

I get that I may post like an ahole at times, but I've toned it down and tried the other route with posters like yourself stubbornly and ignorantly continuing the same type of rhetoric anyways.

I didn't dissappear anywhere, and I actually gave Tyrod credit before my break where I said I would still occasionally post when the mood struck me.

You keep saying I play victim...that's not what I'm trying to do here. I don't expect or want anyone to feel sorry for me, believe that.

What I do want is for the BS to stop and posters to be able to discuss and have differing opinions without the extra curricular.

Maybe you and the others will also look in the mirror and get over yourselves enough to better this place.

I know what I need to do

I'd sue the CoT for slander.

Some people are that nitpicky about the Miami game last year, because we didn't win, even though Tyrod threw 300+ yards and 3 TDs. My point isn't that Wentz is terrible, it's that he and Tyrod are not so far apart. If he separates himself it will be because he stops throwing so many ducks. Whether we win or lose we see images like that posted about Tyrod all the time. I've always said it's pointless to do that because we don't have a baseline for how often it occurs and we don't know the play call.

TT and Wentz are worlds apart.

Wentz is ascending and has shown more passing ability and ability to adjust plays and read the defense than TT ever will.

Before the season TT was clearly better and nobody thinks Wentz is good, but at least you are slowly backtracking into admitting you were wrong.

Now start backpedaling on the Rams and Goff, too.

Some people are that nitpicky about the Miami game last year, because we didn't win, even though Tyrod threw 300+ yards and 3 TDs. My point isn't that Wentz is terrible, it's that he and Tyrod are not so far apart. If he separates himself it will be because he stops throwing so many ducks. Whether we win or lose we see images like that posted about Tyrod all the time. I've always said it's pointless to do that because we don't have a baseline for how often it occurs and we don't know the play call.

Are you seriously trying to do this right now? Because that's NOT what you say when those photos get brought up, at all.

You're just the other side of the coin. Literally as bad as the people you're arguing so hard against.

It's all nonsense.

You can keep popping off and pretending that I haven't posted good, quality, thoughtful and detailed responses while keeping the choldishness out of it, and still got the same kind of feedback.

I get that I may post like an ahole at times, but I've toned it down and tried the other route with posters like yourself stubbornly and ignorantly continuing the same type of rhetoric anyways.

I didn't dissappear anywhere, and I actually gave Tyrod credit before my break where I said I would still occasionally post when the mood struck me.

You keep saying I play victim...that's not what I'm trying to do here. I don't expect or want anyone to feel sorry for me, believe that.

What I do want is for the BS to stop and posters to be able to discuss and have differing opinions without the extra curricular.

Maybe you and the others will also look in the mirror and get over yourselves enough to better this place.

I know what I need to do

Yes you have toned it down since BBMB. I'll give you that much.

If you want bs to stop then stop posting bs it's that simple. Post your opinion without the call out stuff and without the childish cot stuff and I'll start respecting you.

Are you seriously trying to do this right now? Because that's NOT what you say when those photos get brought up, at all.

It's not? What do you think I say? All-22s are good for looking at formations and seeing what coverages look like. I have always said you can't use them to figure out where a QB should throw the ball, that's dumb. I wasn't actually saying Wentz should have recognized the wide open slot receiver, but that's the kind of crap we see on here all the time about Tyrod. Every now and then I see someone on Twitter or another site post an all-22 of another QB that shows an open receiver they missed. I don't think other fan bases are quite so pathological about it like ours is but I post what I find. We have tunnel vision in Buffalo. These primetime games have been instructive in showing how other QBs look across full games.

Edited by HappyDays

It's not? What do you think I say? All-22s are good for looking at formations and seeing what coverages look like. I have always said you can't use them to figure out where a QB should throw the ball, that's dumb. I wasn't actually saying Wentz should have recognized the wide open slot receiver, but that's the kind of crap we see on here all the time about Tyrod. Every now and then I see someone on Twitter or another site post an all-22 of another QB that shows an open receiver they missed. I don't think other fan bases are quite so pathological about it like ours is but I post what I find. We have tunnel vision in Buffalo. These primetime games have been instructive in showing how other QBs look across full games.

I've watched every game Wentz has played, and not just the primetime ones.

First....let me state that I am all in favor of drafting a qb in this next draft high. It seems to be the right year to do it.

On that issue we are in agreement. Not much more to add.

but the fact of the matter is this was a top 10 scoring offense last year that didnt turn the ball over......if the bills would have brought that with them into this year everyone would be singing a different tune.

Teams adjust to your strengths. It's not a static situation. If you run well teams will focus on stopping it. I don't understand the necessity of changing the blocking scheme when the players you have are adept at it. So I'm sure that is a factor. But for me the bigger factor is that because our passing game is so rudimentary it is not spreading out the defense thus creating more congestion for the running game.

Cant be throwing to scrubs and blame it on the qb when he doesnt look great....especially when he was never a franchise qb to begin with.

I agree with you that our receiving corps is one of the worst, if not the worst, in the league. Much of the decline has to do with the departure of Watkins. However, I understand why he was dealt. Did he want to be here and sign here? Was he on board with how the HC wanted him to comport himself? So the new regime dealt him and got what they could. I'm fine with that. We got a starting CB and a second round pick for him. That' a reasonable return.

Where I disagree with you and many others is that I don't believe that the team McDermott inherited was a playoff team. Maybe a fringe wild-card contender but not rising to the level of being a good sustaining team. So he and the GM are doing what new regimes do when they take over a team: tear down and rebuild it to fit their vision of what a good team should look like.

As I have said on many posts to the chagrin of many is that this is a rebuilding project. It's going to take another few years until it is close to being complete knowing full well that rosters are always a work in progress. That's the nature of the business. I strongly believe (and I think you do to) that it is a priority to get a good qb prospect from this year's draft. If not the same cycle of mediocrity will continue. I never believed that this was going to be a quick fix and I'm now more convinced of it.

I've watched every game Wentz has played, and not just the primetime ones.

As have I because I think he's got a chance of being the next best QB, and HappyDays hasn't, and it's obvious. He talks about QB play league wide while it's painfully obvious he only watches Bills games and highlights.

Which is my real issue with people who compare Taylor to the rest of the league like they know what they're talking about. If you're a Bills fan and you think Taylor is a good QB, it's totally fine to make your argument about how well you think he plays. Go for and we'll hash it out. But don't pretend like you know about QB play across the league when there are some of us who are actually watching all the games and have seen other QBs on a consistent basis.

Yes you have toned it down since BBMB. I'll give you that much.

If you want bs to stop then stop posting bs it's that simple. Post your opinion without the call out stuff and without the childish cot stuff and I'll start respecting you.

We'll see if you and your counterparts can back it up.

Go for and we'll hash it out. But don't pretend like you know about QB play across the league when there are some of us who are actually watching all the games and have seen other QBs on a consistent basis.

That sentence makes you look like a complete douche.

And it also proves nothing about your football knowledge. Spend much time looking at yourself in the mirror Prima Donna?

Don't be a douche.

That sentence makes you look like a complete douche.

And it also proves nothing about your football knowledge. Spend much time looking at yourself in the mirror Prima Donna?

Don't be a douche.

Again, I'm not into the whole internet offense thing. Pretty much just here to talk football with other Bills fans.

Boyst62

I'm pretty sure the dude you are talking to is actually a chick, based on her responses in threads. You should be hittin that! :beer:

you mean crush-her?

As have I because I think he's got a chance of being the next best QB, and HappyDays hasn't, and it's obvious. He talks about QB play league wide while it's painfully obvious he only watches Bills games and highlights.

Oh I see. If someone doesn't think Wentz is the next great QB that means they don't watch his games. Okay.

Here's the problem, Wentz and Tyrod look completely different doing what they do. To me it looks like if they each had the same exact offense around them (different systems obviously, but same players) they'd be about equally successful. But they wouldn't look the same. Tyrod would take a couple sacks where Wentz might have gotten rid of the ball, Wentz would take a couple sacks where Tyrod might have escaped for a 1st. Tyrod might hesitate to throw a ball on a slant, Wentz will sail the ball over his receiver who's open for a short gain. There are plays Tyrod makes that Wentz simply can't, and vice versa. They're both inconsistent.

Questioning how much football I watch is really dumb.

For whatever reason some people can't look at Tyrod the same way they do other QBs. Just as an example, Wentz had a chance to put the game away on 3rd down yesterday. This was the play:

DL_QyQ3VQAI5WJH.jpg

The circled slot receiver is wide open for a 1st down. Literally uncovered. The receiver on Wentz's left is open on the slant. Wentz instead threw to his covered TE, inaccurately, and it fell incomplete. The Eagles punted to Carolina who had all the momentum. If Cam wasn't wildly inaccurate on that last drive they could have won.

Then what would the narrative on Wentz have been? He had 1 good drive, and 2 TDs on drives that started at the Carolina 10. He failed to put the game away with an easy completion and let Carolina stay in the game with too many missed passes. But because Cam Newton played even worse these points are seen as nitpicking. Meanwhile posters like you nitpick Tyrod that a deep ball wasn't thrown with 100% accuracy and therefore Zay Jones didn't have a chance.

I don't know how often you could find pictures like that for other QBs that missed open receivers because no one tracks that sort of thing (how could you?), but the way some posters talk you'd think Tyrod is the only QB who has wide open receivers running all over the field that he doesn't see. It's ludicrous.

Was that hyperacute enough for you?

I remember seeing this play live last night & thinking the WR was completely uncovered/ forgotten. It was a TD waiting to happen yet Wentz didn't see it.

Here's the problem, Wentz and Tyrod look completely different doing what they do. To me it looks like if they each had the same exact offense around them (different systems obviously, but same players) they'd be about equally successful. But they wouldn't look the same. Tyrod would take a couple sacks where Wentz might have gotten rid of the ball, Wentz would take a couple sacks where Tyrod might have escaped for a 1st. Tyrod might hesitate to throw a ball on a slant, Wentz will sail the ball over his receiver who's open for a short gain. There are plays Tyrod makes that Wentz simply can't, and vice versa. They're both inconsistent.

I guess we'll just disagree, then. There's literally nothing here I can agree with other than the bolded.

Oh I see. If someone doesn't think Wentz is the next great QB that means they don't watch his games. Okay.

Questioning how much football I watch is really dumb.

You literally said that the primetime games are the reason for your thoughts.

No I didn't. Your reading comprehension is bad.

Well that's what this sounded like.

Have you watched every game Wentz has played?

it's the ones who attack him, as you point out, that get to me as well. We know his deficiencies and issues. We discussed them the last two years. We don't need to point out every issue every week and react like 16 yr old girls who just got their first cell phone to splurge every emotion we feel #emogie #hashtag #feels!

We are no better off with anyone else starting and that's not drinking Kool aid. Peterman could not come in right now and perform better. Sure he could get more yards, hit WR's open differently but it would likely be as Newton and Wentz were last night. Inconsistent from play to play. And series to seriies

I don't want to knock everything Taylor does. He's not great. But he's good for this team. And he doesn't make mistakes which allows us to win.

We were so quick to boot Fitz out and it set us back 2 years. I was 1p0% against it. I am 100% against doing that again with Taylor without a clear cut winner

Here! Here! That's the whole issue in a nutshell. Repeat after me, "Tyrod is who he is." Now go build an offense that maximizes his strengths and hides his deficiencies. Is that so difficult to do, Rico?

I guess we'll just disagree, then. There's literally nothing here I can agree with other than the bolded.

...LMAO...it's a dead end argument with this clown........Wentz in year 2 at the NFL level versus Taylor at year 7 doesn't make a damn bit of difference.....catchin' the hypocrisy versus objective analysis?....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

...LMAO...it's a dead end argument with this clown........Wentz in year 2 at the NFL level versus Taylor at year 7 doesn't make a damn bit of difference.....catchin' the hypocrisy versus objective analysis?....

Yes. And shortly thereafter come the personal insults. TSW de rigueur it seems.

Dude in the Vikings/Bears thread people were saying Trubisky could be good but they need to get him an offensive line and real receivers. Do you not see the irony? I'm really not trying to trash these QBs, it's just funny the way people look at other teams so differently. Wentz has certain traits better than Tyrod, but he also misses a lot of throws Tyrod wouldn't miss and takes some sacks Tyrod wouldn't take. Trubisky looks like he's more accurate than Tyrod but he made some awful decisions and doesn't know an NFL offense at all. Certain posters only focus on Tyrod's negatives, then when I criticize another QB's game I'm being unfair. Most starting QBs can be successful with a good running game, good defense, and good receiving weapons. Most starting QBs are crazy inconsistent. They all have weaknesses, and strengths if you design the right offense around them. That's how I see it.

I would add that Rodgers, the other night, was missing open receivers, sailing passes, waiting for WRs to come open, not seeing wide open WRs. And he's considered by many people to be the best QB in the league, and an all-time great. I swear to God, some of the TT critics around here act like he's the only QB who does these things. It's as if they've only ever watched Tyrod in a complete game and never watched another QB except for the highlights.

I would add that Rodgers, the other night, was missing open receivers, sailing passes, waiting for WRs to come open, not seeing wide open WRs. And he's considered by many people to be the best QB in the league, and an all-time great. I swear to God, some of the TT critics around here act like he's the only QB who does these things. It's as if they've only ever watched Tyrod in a complete game and never watched another QB except for the highlights.

Was that the Chicago or Dallas game you're referring to? Because he played very well against a decent Cowboys defense on the road, most recently. Against Chicago he was less spectacular but in all honesty didn't need to be, they were comfortably better than the Bears the entire game. Still putting together a typical Rodgers-type season, which is to say his career average statistics are something 90% of QBs will struggle to hit once in their lifetime.

Boyst62

Still mad, huh?

It's ok, sweetie...I won't hurt you're little feelings anymore.

I can't speak on what I would do to your face, though...cause that would be even uglier than what you see everyday in the mirror.

Was that the Chicago or Dallas game you're referring to? Because he played very well against a decent Cowboys defense on the road, most recently. Against Chicago he was less spectacular but in all honesty didn't need to be, they were comfortably better than the Bears the entire game. Still putting together a typical Rodgers-type season, which is to say his career average statistics are something 90% of QBs will struggle to hit once in their lifetime.

Chicago game. I wasn't suggesting he's not a great QB, I just wanted to point out that even one go transcendent as AR does not make the perfect decision and the perfect pass on every play, which seems to be the expectation for TT by a segment of his critics.

Here! Here! That's the whole issue in a nutshell. Repeat after me, "Tyrod is who he is." Now go build an offense that maximizes his strengths and hides his deficiencies. Is that so difficult to do, Rico?

the inverse is just as important. Build an offense that is robust and dynamic that will flourish once your system is fully installed and the right one running it

We hear all too often Taylor looks limited and not given the full play. I would have some bets that is due to him not being the perfect fit and running the system to him.

The QB we need for this system is Matt Stafford or Eli Manning who can move the ball quickly

the inverse is just as important. Build an offense that is robust and dynamic that will flourish once your system is fully installed and the right one running it

We hear all too often Taylor looks limited and not given the full play. I would have some bets that is due to him not being the perfect fit and running the system to him.

The QB we need for this system is Matt Stafford or Eli Manning who can move the ball quickly

Cousins.

Cousins.

I like Cousins, he's shown good progress this year. We'd need to get him much better weapons than what we have now though. And his contract would seriously limit us elsewhere. That being said McDermott seems like he can build a rock solid defense on the cheap so I wouldn't be against it if that's what they decide to do. I think they're gearing up to draft a QB in 2018 instead though.

Still mad, huh?

It's ok, sweetie...I won't hurt you're little feelings anymore.

I can't speak on what I would do to your face, though...cause that would be even uglier than what you see everyday in the mirror.

dude give it up.

Cousins.

I need to see more of him. But imagine signing him. Using our 2 #1's and getting an elite pass rusher and wr with a tackle in the 2nd

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/panther-tracks/article178664736.html

I'd have choke slammed that mother !@#$er. Doing that is just wrong and he's about the size of a tooth pick. It'd be like heavens light allowed me to brutally hurt someone. I'd love it

Victim is 62 yrs old. NFL looking in to it. The puncher is under arrest.

Edited by Boyst62