Bring in Stevie Johnson

QB Bills

Setting nostalgia aside, we are in terrible shape at receiver. The big knock on Tyrod is that he doesn't throw to a guy until he's open. I'm a pro-Tyrod guy, but even I see this at times.

Stevie had his faults too, but one thing he was great at was getting open. A burner would be nice, but I believe the passing philosophy of these coaches is predicated on quick throws instead of longer developing plays. I really think Stevie's skill set would mesh perfectly with Tyrod.

Not sure how healthy he is at this point. I know he was hinting at wanting to come back to Buffalo earlier this season so I'm sure he still wants to play. With what we'll be trotting out at receiver against Tampa in 11 days, we're not really giving Tyrod and the offense a chance.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie Johnson, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Chan Gailey are all available, no?

If McWrestleBeane doesn't make it happen by noon eastern today, I hereby sentence this team to an eternity of doom because of ego and reasons and Schwartz and comp picks.

Setting nostalgia aside, we are in terrible shape at receiver. The big knock on Tyrod is that he doesn't throw to a guy until he's open. I'm a pro-Tyrod guy, but even I see this at times.

Stevie had his faults too, but one thing he was great at was getting open. A burner would be nice, but I believe the passing philosophy of these coaches is predicated on quick throws instead of longer developing plays. I really think Stevie's skill set would mesh perfectly with Tyrod.

Not sure how healthy he is at this point. I know he was hinting at wanting to come back to Buffalo earlier this season so I'm sure he still wants to play. With what we'll be trotting out at receiver against Tampa in 11 days, we're not really giving Tyrod and the offense a chance.

...at times?...he waits all the time..it was blatantly evident in the Cinncy game. Good to great qbs have the ability to throw a man open. This requires trust in yourself. Tyrod does not have this quality. And he never will. Enjoy this last 2/3 of the season because TT will be gone along with Dareus, Glenn and probably Kyle retiring.

Ya, you folks are right. Let's stick with the budding all-pros on the roster right now.

It's more about the dire situation at receiver right now than it is about Stevie dropping a pass against the Steelers years ago. If you think that these practice squad jobbers are all better than Stevie, then fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I suppose. I just think he'd be an upgrade who'd come cheap and would mesh well with Taylor's style.

Ya, you folks are right. Let's stick with the budding all-pros on the roster right now.

It's more about the dire situation at receiver right now than it is about Stevie dropping a pass against the Steelers years ago. If you think that these practice squad jobbers are all better than Stevie, then fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I suppose. I just think he'd be an upgrade who'd come cheap and would mesh well with Taylor's style.

Honestly the Steelers drop isn't even a factor. He's a guy that at this point in his career doesn't have an ounce of upside. This would likely be the reason that the Bills and, you know 31 other NFL teams haven't brought him in.

Stevie 7 years ago? I would agree would be better than what we have. Stevie now? No thank you.

Look around the league. The Browns WR depth...look at what happened to the Giants this weekend at WR. Yet no team is even reportedly bringing him in for a tryout. Age and injury catches up.