Next man up is not good enough

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm telling you right now - Beane is not going to trade a high draft pick for a current player for this season.

It's simply not going to happen.

I didn't think he would trade Watkins or Darby either. If he thinks there is value, I believe he will pull the trigger. Not a first or second, but if it's something like a 3rd for say a Keenan Allen type where he really feels he's getting value than I could see him doing it. I just don't think those types of trades ever materialize during the season.

this is my take on it as well. i think they just decided to roll with the season with what they had, and if the wins come, great. i think the early success threw us all off a bit, but at this point i want this staff to stick to their plan, (whatever it actually is) and build what they envision.

100% agree with this, there is a plan in place and they shouldn't get greedy and try to turn this season into something it isn't. Stick to the plan.

Rome was not built in a day.

My fathers (RIP) come back: "That's because I wasn't foreman on the job!"

Apologies for the irrelevance to the thread.

WRT to OP....since when are impactful personnel changes made in season in the NFL? This isn't baseball. Not saying it never happens but I think its rare and I agree with others that there is no way I could see McBeane spending draft capital for a quick fix.

It's nice to know where you stand. I'll think for myself, thank you.

Ok Augie, you don't have to think for yourself, just watch what they do - Kahalri Lee, Kaelin Clay, Philly Brown.

This is not a group that is going to part with quality draft picks for help.

Plus this Coach is obsessed with Special Teams, if you don't play it and you're strictly a backup, you have no value.

this is my take on it as well. i think they just decided to roll with the season with what they had, and if the wins come, great. i think the early success threw us all off a bit, but at this point i want this staff to stick to their plan, (whatever it actually is) and build what they envision.

yep. my prediction was they would compete hard (no tank), but the rebuilding/assessment roster, post-the usual NFL injury wave, just not good enough to work into a new scheme AND win more than 5 or 6 games. no clay, no WRs, 8 in the box, don't see 'em scoring much. sucks, they will prob still win 7 games and screw themselves out of the draft...

Edited by 8-8 Forever?

Ok Augie, you don't have to think for yourself, just watch what they do - Kahalri Lee, Kaelin Clay, Philly Brown.

This is not a group that is going to part with quality draft picks for help.

Plus this Coach is obsessed with Special Teams, if you don't play it and you're strictly a backup, you have no value.

I'll listen to others, and then think for myself. I don't WANT them to give up picks for a WR this year. It's not about this year. Look down the road a bit, which is what I think they are doing. I'm not a Crossman fan, so mixed emotions there.