What do the Bills do to fix this offense?

If they don't change QB then why change anything, lets get ready for the draft.

Yes. Bring in Peterman and his 54% completion rate and 5.7 ypa. Those numbers are bound to improve once teams start game planning for him. Well go from 200 yards a game passing to 75 with 3 picks. Great.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bills.com's Chris Brown suggests LT Cordy Glenn isn't guaranteed to keep his starting role.

Glenn returned from his two-game absence last week, but didn't start. Benching him would be another questionable move from a regime that's traded away Sammy Watkins and reduced Marcell Dareus to a part-time role. Glenn is making $12M annually and clearly Buffalo's best tackle. It's possible the Bills keep rookie Dion Dawkins at left tackle coming out of their Week 6 bye, with Glenn moving to the right side.

Source: buffalobills.com

Oct 13 - 7:17 PM

Wow. Just "wow." Edited by yungmack

So youre saying Tyrod doesnt need to get the ball out quicker?

Sometimes yes he does. On average is 2 tenths of a second all that much time? Its about as fast as you can blink.

The average duration for a single blink of a human eye is 0.1 to 0.4 seconds, or 100 to 400 milliseconds, according to the Harvard Database of Useful Biological Numbers.

So if he got rid of the ball one blink of an eye faster he would be on par with Brady and Rodgers average.

Its overblown.

Edited by Scott7975

It's not madden...

What does this actually mean? You are not allowed to trade for players in the NFL? This isnt Madden is such a waste of a post. If you think it would be unrealistic to get either of those two players for a 3rd, then you are delusional. The chargers are about to go into a full rebuild. The 49ers are already in it. Either team would jump at the chance to get picks and lose salary. Youre right, its not madden. But it has nothing to do with anything. The only thing unrealistic about my suggestion, is assuming this team would actually do something to try and get better.

Glenn at RT may be the best move the team could make to help the Oline and offense. I think Glenn is the teams best tackle. But here is the question. Who is better Dawkins at LT or Mills at RT? I think its pretty obvious and most Bills fans would agree that Dawkins is doing better at LT than Mills is at RT. Than the next question is mid season who transitions to RT quicker and with more effectiveness Dawkins or Glenn? Imo with Dawkins a rookie keep him at the position that is he is more comfortable at and gives him the best chance to play well. Glenn is a pro and I believe would be a dominant RT. Schematically, the LT vs RT days are dead. Defenses attack the weaker player and teams need 2 tackles not a franchise LT and run grading RT.

What does this actually mean? You are not allowed to trade for players in the NFL? This isnt Madden is such a waste of a post. If you think it would be unrealistic to get either of those two players for a 3rd, then you are delusional. The chargers are about to go into a full rebuild. The 49ers are already in it. Either team would jump at the chance to get picks and lose salary. Youre right, its not madden. But it has nothing to do with anything. The only thing unrealistic about my suggestion, is assuming this team would actually do something to try and get better.

Its delusional to expect teams to make trades just because you want them. Midseason trades of any significance almost never happens in the NFL.

Added reps /attempts on the practice and playing field will improve chemistry and Buffalo's ability to throw the football IMO.

If the passing department gets the least amount of practice and playing reps in the league should it surprise anyone Buffalo's passing game is below average?

This offense is unfixable. They have the worst wide receiving corp in the history of the franchise. They ludicrously decided to change the only successful thing from the last 2 years, the offensive blocking scheme that had the Bills first in rushing offense for 2 straight years, and replace it with one not suitable for their talent on the O-Line. McDermott seems like a bright fella but that was Rex Ryan like dumb. I see no hope for the O till they replace the personnel on it. THAT is the problem with regime change when the incoming regime can't keep what is working and replace what is not.

The problems are obvious. The solutions are not.

I might try:

• More designed runs for Taylor, like QB draws, read options and maybe even QB sweeps.
  • More reverses and screens to Tate, who can run after catch.
  • A limited package for Peterman, who is a better scheme fit, to play 5 to 10 plays per game. It will open up a part of their current playbook that they just can't use right now and will be helpful keep opponents off balance. It will also help to evaluate Peterman and give him experience.
  • 1 or 2 gimmick plays per game, like a flea flicker or throw back pass, to try and get a big play and reduce the need for a long drive. I would probably avoid fake punts because those can hurt the defense.
  • 3 or 4 all streaks type plays where they go deep to try and stretch the defense regardless of coverage. Maybe the get lucky, maybe they don't but at least they put in into the defense's minds and if it's intercepted then it's probably as good as a punt.

....TT may or may not be the answer and I have NO interest in fueling that debate here....BUT........is my observation wrong in that Dennison is NOT making use of his mobility and athleticism versus forcing his beloved "system" on a guy who does not fit the pocket passer type and probably is not a part of the long term plan/process(a word that is beginning to nauseate me)?.....are we sacrificing potential W's to prove the system/warm his chestnuts? .......a coaching staff can have a philosophy and system but I judge their wherewithal on their ability to adapt to the personnel on the team......hell even Mikey Ditka said, "you can have THE best system in the world, but if you don't have the PERSONNEL to execute it, you'll fail"....either I'm a fossil or missed the memo....or ...BOTH.............

They just have the be better up front. Joe B and others have written that Dennison has changed some of the plays to have less zone schemes vs. what they were doing last year. But the run game is still inconsistent.

Try Glenn at RT, and maybe Groy at RG. I know they want to keep Groy in reserve to back up at C but get the best 5 guys you can out there.

Win the battle in the trenches, everything opens up.

So you are also in the club that says "throw the towel in on this season right now"?

Good points.

Disagree on number 3 though if your reason is to punish Jones. He isn't failing for lack of effort. He is just failing. I don't think that is how you fix that. You fix him by throwing him a million passes in practice and by throwing him easy passes on short routes early in the next game.

I totally agree with this

Glenn at RT. Attack his side with outside zone and power. Help the run game. Get that going it wont matter who plays WR or TE.

...Dennison getting off his effin' pedestal and exploiting Taylor's athleticism to diversify this offense........NOT disputing Taylor's read/progression liabilities to find those open...right now, >6 yds is a deep route (COUGH)....probably not the long term answer in this omnipotent "end all cure all system to the Big Dance", but a GOOD coaching staff adjusts to the personnel they have to work with....W's or egos?...seriously?.....

....TT may or may not be the answer and I have NO interest in fueling that debate here....BUT........is my observation wrong in that Dennison is NOT making use of his mobility and athleticism versus forcing his beloved "system" on a guy who does not fit the pocket passer type and probably is not a part of the long term plan/process(a word that is beginning to nauseate me)?.....are we sacrificing potential W's to prove the system/warm his chestnuts? .......a coaching staff can have a philosophy and system but I judge their wherewithal on their ability to adapt to the personnel on the team......hell even Mikey Ditka said, "you can have THE best system in the world, but if you don't have the PERSONNEL to execute it, you'll fail"....either I'm a fossil or missed the memo....or ...BOTH.............

Myself personally, Dennison can't modify the whole O to fit a QB that struggles in the pocket. Its not a problem normally associated with a QB in my humble opinion.

Increased reps in the passing game to build chemistry and speed up the Zay Jones learning curve would help IMO.

Shady can catch...

Edited by Figster