• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the terms:

Bills | Holcomb Agrees to Terms - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:44:21 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Buffalo Bills have agreed to terms with unrestricted free agent QB Kelly Holcomb (Browns). The contract agreement is for a four-year, $6.6 million deal, including a $2 million signing bonus. Holcomb is expected to compete with QB J.P. Losman for the starting job.

263419[/snapback]

CHEAP! Where the hell is D Wag the Dog? We probably should have traded for Holcomb last year so we could have signed him early for 12 million market value and kept him out of FA.

In all seriousness, if AD likes him, I will take his word that this is a good signing.  

263403[/snapback]

This might be my new signature....I have been looking for one. Thanks Buftex...

New hat size AD? ;-)

This is a very good deal -- wow..cap hit for this year is probably just over a Million...Solidifies the position for 4 years.

Here are the terms:

Bills | Holcomb Agrees to Terms - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:44:21 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Buffalo Bills have agreed to terms with unrestricted free agent QB Kelly Holcomb (Browns). The contract agreement is for a four-year, $6.6 million deal, including a $2 million signing bonus. Holcomb is expected to compete with QB J.P. Losman for the starting job.

263419[/snapback]

I am quite pleased with this signing! KH is a competitor who has played in the cold, and now he has better weapons.

I also hope that there IS competition for the starting job, just in case JP is slightly worse than Steve Young in his prime, or is injured in practice, etc.

Our DL is young and will improve. We have great safties (when healthy) With help in the draft at OL, CB, and backup RB, this could be a VERY good football team.

If this is true DB is going to cry foul.  All he wanted was an open competition. ;)

263443[/snapback]

Drew's definition of open competition started and ended with

"This is my team". MM and TD's definition of open competition is JP is in the lead and you have to unseat him.

I like the Holcomb thing even more because you know that Tom Clements and Mularkey studied the guy a lot when he was the starter in Cleveland--remember that playoff game where he and Maddox just gunslinged each other to death...

His line from that day 26 of 43 for 429 yards

This is F'n sweet

I don't expect him to play because I think JP is going to be a stud. But the one thing with JP that we have to wait and see is if he will be durable. That is really far less of an issue now.

If all JP did this season was hand the ball off, we would still make the playoffs because Willis is a stud.

Hey Drew, thanks buddy! ;)