[News] V-Coach - Bills sign QB Kelly Holcomb

Clearly, the brass at OBD are lost in their ability to find true back up talent because if they had any sense about them at all, they would have brought Flutie in here. Everyone knows Flutie would adjust better to JP's gameplans...and everyone knows that Flutie just wins. It's what he does. He wins.

263474[/snapback]

Since this is the kinder, gentler Wall, I'll just say boy do I disagree that

1) Flutie would have been a better choice and

2) That Flutie just wins.

What Flutie does, is throw deep outs that get picked and over the middle dumps that get rejected. Not to mention, he's a jerk.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate elitism.  Post volume does not NECESSARILY equate to wisdom.

264168[/snapback]

You're right - except we weren't talking about football. Instead, we were talking about whether another poster was being serious or sarcastic. I guess your definition of "elitism" is when someone who's been around awhile tells a new guy "dude - sarcasm" - in reference to another poster's take.

Oh, never mind. You missed THAT too. :angry:

Beautiful.  In the 40s.  Bright sunshine.  Terrific day for the folks watching the ceremonial start of the IDITAROD - though a bit warm for the athletes.

264177[/snapback]

Is IDITAROD an acronym for the race or did you just type it that way? I haven't heard much about it in a few years.....almost forgot they ran the damn thing.

By 'athletes', are you referring to the mutts or the 'drivers'?

Is IDITAROD an acronym for the race or did you just type it that way? I haven't heard much about it in a few years.....almost forgot they ran the damn thing.

By 'athletes', are you referring to the mutts or the 'drivers'?

264183[/snapback]

It's not an acronym. It means "distant place" in Ingalik. I always type it that way.

I meant the dogs. For the ceremonial the mushers are pretty much just riding, anyway.

Last year one of our fellow BILLS' fans, Rick Casillo (from Alden, NY), ran and finished the race with Mitch Seavey's backup team. Link

It's not an acronym.  It means "distant place" in Ingalik.  I always type it that way.

I meant the dogs.  For the ceremonial the mushers are pretty much just riding, anyway.

Last year one of our fellow BILLS' fans, Rick Casillo (from Alden, NY), ran and finished the race with Mitch Seavey's backup team.  Link

264187[/snapback]

That's pretty damn cool. One of my cousins (pencil pusher for the gov't) lived up your way for about five years. Oddly enough, he chose to transfer to Hawaii after his time in Alaska.......but last I knew, he said that as beautiful as Hawaii is, Alaska gives nothing away to it.

It's not an acronym.  It means "distant place" in Ingalik.  I always type it that way.

I meant the dogs.  For the ceremonial the mushers are pretty much just riding, anyway.

Last year one of our fellow BILLS' fans, Rick Casillo (from Alden, NY), ran and finished the race with Mitch Seavey's backup team.  Link

264187[/snapback]

Darin, ever heard of Peter Esmailka?

"QB Rating means nothing. Rob Johnson had a great QB rating and he sucked harder than a $2.00 whore on her period the day her rent's due."

For the record ... the two years Rob was a starter .. was average ..

1998, started 6 games, rating of 102.9

1999, started 1 game, rating of 119

2000, started 11 games. rating of 82

2001, started 8 games, rating of 76

for his career, was a 83.6

The three years of Drew were 86, 73, and 76 with a career of 76.7

Kelly Holcomb

2002, 2 starts, 92 rating

2003, 8 starts, 74.6 rating

2004, 2 starts, 96.8

Career of 77.6

Not sure I want to see him anymore than I did Rob ...

I haven't, though I've heard the last name a few times.

264213[/snapback]

My sister's ex-husband. Has a huge family, like many of those dudes. Legend has it that he was the last of the Iditarod racers to go the old fashioned way, only fed his dogs moose meat and moose blood, and none of the scientific diet kind of stuff. He is a pretty remarkable guy. He could take one of his dogs way out in the woods and just say "sit" and come back a day later and the dog would stll be sitting there.

Sounds mean. Glad she divorced him.  :angry:

264225[/snapback]

They were working dogs, racing dogs, different than pets I guess. He was not mean to them at all, he just treated them the traditional native manner, which is how this guy lived his whole life. A lot different than our ways. I don't think his dogs ever came inside, and he had 30-40 of them I think.

"QB Rating means nothing. Rob Johnson had a great QB rating and he sucked harder than a $2.00 whore on her period the day her rent's due."

For the record ... the two years Rob was a starter .. was average ..

1998, started 6 games, rating of 102.9

1999, started 1 game, rating of 119

2000, started 11 games. rating of 82

2001, started 8 games, rating of 76

for his career, was a 83.6

The three years of Drew were 86, 73, and 76 with a career of 76.7

Kelly Holcomb

2002, 2 starts, 92 rating

2003, 8 starts, 74.6 rating

2004, 2 starts, 96.8

Career of 77.6

Not sure I want to see him anymore than I did Rob ...

264217[/snapback]

I love stats arguments because they can prove whatever you want them to. Kelly Holcomb has never played with skill position guys the caliber he'll have here.

The year he started 8 games in Cleveland his running back was rookie William Green. His top 3 wide receivers were Dennis Northcutt, Andre Davis, and Quincy Morgan. That says nothing of the offensive line, which has been the worst in the NFL over the past 2 seasons. Yet in the one game he started this past season, he threw for over 400 yards and 5 TDs, numbers Drew Bledsoe only matched ONCE when combining TWO starts.

But let's use stats. :angry:

Feel free to tell us who you'd have signed with better stats for similiar money.

On the same Cleveland team that ruined Tim Couch and Jeff Garcia (Pro Bowler).  Seriously, name one Cleveland offensive starter from last season that is clearly better than their BILLS' counterpart.

263953[/snapback]

I can't, Darin.

That's why Romeo Crennel is cleaning house.

Mike