Bills vs. Bengals Postgame

Joe B said

Tyrod should not shoulder all the blame

WOW someone is still taking his happy pills

Okay QB play was pretty bad yesterday i get it......so in your world there is nothing wrong with our front offence line scheme? Our running play production? Our OC playcalling? and last but not least our outstanding personal we have at WR?? Sure i want better play out of QB (whether its to upgrade next season if possible) but seriously you putting all the blame on 1 person in the offence? wow....

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JoeBuscaglia

Clay was a game changer, White's lessons, and can we blame Tyrod? That and more in my 7 observations from the game:

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-buffalo-bills-cincinnati-bengals-10_8_17-

1) Losing Clay was a game changer

2) Tyrod should not shoulder all the blame

3) What to do with this rushing attack?

4) Defense played well enough for the Bills to win

5) 12 yards

6) White showing signs of brilliance, and signs of novice

7) Injuries at CB loomed largely

Bills MVP: WR Brandon Tate

- He roped in the touchdown in the first half and set the Bills up only 12 yards out from the end zone to take the lead in the fourth quarter.

Bills LVP: CB Greg Mabin

- He was a liability, both in run support and in pass coverage, when he was on the field. The Bengals attacked his side of the field, and if he has to spend more time on defense, I’d expect future opponents to do the same.

Losing Clay did affect things

Tyrod shouldn't shoulder all the blame, the Offensive Line and not having effective weapons available contributed as well

The run game is going to have to get going if this team has any hopes of making the playoffs

Defense did play well enough to where we should have won if we had a slightly better Offensive performance

White looked good throughout most of the afternoon but he got caught looking in on that bomb to Green

Our starting DB's are really good, but we lack depth and it cost us. We probably win that game with healthy Gaines (this will be addressed next year)

Agree, Tate was our best offensive player (that's how bad it was)

Not sure if Mabin was the worst player out there even though he had a costly 3rd down penalty that netted them points, was beaten a few other times and dropped an INT where he had great position on it in the endzone that could have changed the outcome of the game.

Edited by Magox

Most of the blame (if you have the need to blame) falls on Taylor and offensive play calling. I posted this elsewhere, but in his 35 starts in the last 2+ years, Tyrod has lead the league in the average amount of time from snap to throw in 31 weeks. That is beyond mind numbing. As far as the running game, McCoy needs space to succeed. He's not a bruiser, nor ever has been. When opposing teams put 9 guys in the box and dare you to beat them through the air, McCoy is not going to have very many good games. We've seen that in the last 4 games in spades. You can't "scheme" your way out of it or keep running the ball and going 3 and out. Unlike most, I actually give credit to our offensive line. They are giving Taylor more time to throw the football than they should have to. The offense is pretty terrible as is, and Tyrod still can't "throw a receiver open". Has never had that tool in his bag.

Back to the topic of no receivers to throw to for a moment .....

Typical Taylor 63.3 RAT - 37 passes, 20 complete 1 INT for 166yds. So who caught those 20 passes? Faeries?

The Red Rifle 77.1 RAT - 36 passes, 22 complete 2 INT for 323yds.

What is TT's tally now.... 2-10 when passing for more than 30 times?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Typical Taylor 63.3 RAT - 37 passes, 20 complete 1 INT for 166yds. So who caught those 20 passes? Faeries?

.....from the D&Cs Maiorana.......even more telling stat...take the lead, stack the box, contain Shady and watch Dennison keep TT in the pocket while opposing D dares him to come from behind....2-17, 2-18, 2-19, etc..........

► Key stat: Taylor is now 2-16 in games where the Bills trail by four points or more at any time in a game. What this says is that the Buffalo quarterback has historically not gotten the job done when the Bills need to rally to win games. This was a shining example.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

.....from the D&Cs Maiorana.......even more telling stat...take the lead, stack the box, contain Shady and watch Dennison keep TT in the pocket while opposing D dares him to come from behind....2-17, 2-18, 2-19, etc..........

► Key stat: Taylor is now 2-16 in games where the Bills trail by four points or more at any time in a game. What this says is that the Buffalo quarterback has historically not gotten the job done when the Bills need to rally to win games. This was a shining example.

Jeezuz, that’s a VERY telling stat.

Most of the blame (if you have the need to blame) falls on Taylor and offensive play calling. I posted this elsewhere, but in his 35 starts in the last 2+ years, Tyrod has lead the league in the average amount of time from snap to throw in 31 weeks. That is beyond mind numbing. As far as the running game, McCoy needs space to succeed. He's not a bruiser, nor ever has been. When opposing teams put 9 guys in the box and dare you to beat them through the air, McCoy is not going to have very many good games. We've seen that in the last 4 games in spades. You can't "scheme" your way out of it or keep running the ball and going 3 and out. Unlike most, I actually give credit to our offensive line. They are giving Taylor more time to throw the football than they should have to. The offense is pretty terrible as is, and Tyrod still can't "throw a receiver open". Has never had that tool in his bag.

Completely agree, I hate to keep beating a dead horse (tyrod). But I think what frustrates me the most is the 3rd and 5, by no means is it automatic in the nfl but the number of over/under throws that are simple crossing patterns are torture to watch as a fan. I think tyrod is a class act and I'm sure he's good In the lockeroom but buffalo needs to go in a different direction Soon. As long as he's qb it's going to be stack the box and take shady out of the equation. The division is vulnerable and ours for the taking, but belichick will take away shady and try to turn it into to an air battle, and that's something as of right now we won't win.

Completely agree, I hate to keep beating a dead horse (tyrod). But I think what frustrates me the most is the 3rd and 5, by no means is it automatic in the nfl but the number of over/under throws that are simple crossing patterns are torture to watch as a fan. I think tyrod is a class act and I'm sure he's good In the lockeroom but buffalo needs to go in a different direction Soon. As long as he's qb it's going to be stack the box and take shady out of the equation. The division is vulnerable and ours for the taking, but belichick will take away shady and try to turn it into to an air battle, and that's something as of right now we won't win.

That's what I'm seeing. Defenses are stopping Shady and Tyrod can't make them pay with his arm. Whether its Tyrod, the receiving options he has, or both, it doesn't matter. The FO basically got rid of most of the talent at WR and went paper thin depth at the other positions. All I know is I'm sick of seeing every team in the league being able to field an NFL roster, but the Bills. The entire league is engineered to allow passing plays yet we have a mickey mouse passing game year in and year out. It's frustrating as hell.

And for everyone excited because we have all those draft picks, you only need to look at Zay Jones to know that pinning your future hopes on all your draft picks being stars as rookies is risky at best.

17 of those completions were to non WR players (ie: running back or tight end)

Only 3 receptions by a receiver

Edited by Castellar

Okay QB play was pretty bad yesterday i get it......so in your world there is nothing wrong with our front offence line scheme? Our running play production? Our OC playcalling? and last but not least our outstanding personal we have at WR?? Sure i want better play out of QB (whether its to upgrade next season if possible) but seriously you putting all the blame on 1 person in the offence? wow....

6 sacks .... We got to him because he held onto the ball .... - Cincinnati player

Who touches the ball on basically ever snap from center?

Who runs around the backfield because he's too tentative to pass the ball?

Who doesn't read the field properly?

Stack the box to stop the run and the Bills O is all but shut down.

17 of those completions were to non WR players (ie: running back or tight end)

Only 3 receptions by a receiver

someone said something similar to this yesterday. My reply

The 2014 season Alex Smith had Zero TD passes to a WR that season. They finished 9-7.

6 sacks .... We got to him because he held onto the ball .... - Cincinnati player

Who touches the ball on basically ever snap from center?

Who runs around the backfield because he's too tentative to pass the ball?

Who doesn't read the field properly?

Stack the box to stop the run and the Bills O is all but shut down.

someone said something similar to this yesterday. My reply

The 2014 season Alex Smith had Zero TD passes to a WR that season. They finished 9-7.

Runs contrary to the Denver and Atlanta games where Tyrod played with well with little to no help from the run game. What's the major difference between those two games and the Bengals' game? No Matthews and Clay.

Runs contrary to the Denver and Atlanta games where Tyrod played with well with little to no help from the run game. What's the major difference between those two games and the Bengals' game? No Matthews and Clay.

He has to be able to over come a loss of a player. period. I don't believe that is being unreasonable.

Next Man up.

Atlanta lost 2 of their starters during the game - good thing for us then.

Siemian regressed to his sloppy self in the 2nd half - good thing for us then.

We can always find excuses can't we.

@ChrisTrapasso

Tyrod Taylor in games with his top two pass-catchers ('15-'16: Watkins/Woods) ('17: Matthews/Clay): 64% completion, 7.04 YPA, 32 TD, 7 INT

This from earlier aligns with thought (or fact?) that vast majority of NFL QBs are pretty reliant on (quality of) their top pass-catchers

^^

He has to be able to over come a loss of a player. period. I don't believe that is being unreasonable.

Next Man up.

Atlanta lost 2 of their starters during the game - good thing for us then.

Siemian regressed to his sloppy self in the 2nd half - good thing for us then.

We can always find excuses can't we.

It's unreasonable for all NFL QBs except for Brady and Rodgers. How good Did Matt Ryan look without Jones and Sanu? Rather pedestrian as I recall.

His 2nd half stats were 11/21 84 Yards (4 YPA), 1 TD, 2 INT

That is the sad thing regarding bills fandom

Its ok for other teams qbs to lose players they count on and suck....but it is not acceptable for the bills do do so. Tyrod Taylor is supposed to overcome all that or he is not even an average qb....forget actually being a decent qb....he is not even an average qb if he does not overcome things that other teams qbs cannot overcome/.

That is the sad thing regarding bills fandom

Its ok for other teams qbs to lose players they count on and suck....but it is not acceptable for the bills do do so. Tyrod Taylor is supposed to overcome all that or he is not even an average qb....forget actually being a decent qb....he is not even an average qb if he does not overcome things that other teams qbs cannot overcome/.

Those stats translate to a Passer Rating of 38.6, for what it's worth.

^^

It's unreasonable for all NFL QBs except for Brady and Rodgers. How good Did Matt Ryan look without Jones and Sanu? Rather pedestrian as I recall.

How did they look before the injuries?

Somewhat pedestrian as I recall.

Those stats translate to a Passer Rating of 38.6, for what it's worth.

Is that good?

;);););)