Andy Benoit: Should We Believe in the Buffalo Bills?

Just because our defense has been playing lights out you dont think drafting QB should still be our first priority ?

If the FO believes that we can get our franchise QB in this draft , i hope will go after him no matter what the cost

I don't believe you fully read my post.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor played a good game

But

The game was won by the defense for the strip sack fumble on Ryan for a Touchdown

True, but Rico put the O on lockdown after we got the lead. We dont know if Taylor would have scored again because we didn't need to. Edited by Tenhigh

We've been doubting this team since the Watkins and Darby trades. This staff has also made dareus a rotational player seemingly as an effort type decision. They keep removing players we've clung to and made the team better. Maybe talent wasent an issue. Coaching and preparation of the next man up. Have you heard the players talk about the preparation McD puts them through?

Edited by JaxBills

We've been doubting this team since the Watkins and Darby trades. This staff has also made dareus a rotational player seemingly as an effort type decision. They keep removing players we've clung to and made the team better. Maybe talent wasent an issue. Coaching and preparation of the next man up. Have you heard the players talk about the preparation McD goes through?

A rotation on the DL is a philosophy based on keeping guys fresh late in games. Not an effort type decision . It's efficively a " pitch count". Who gets the most snaps is effort based and production based, but not the concept of a rotation.

A rotation on the DL is a philosophy based on keeping guys fresh late in games. Not an effort type decision . It's efficively a " pitch count". Who gets the most snaps is effort based and production based, but not the concept of a rotation.

S Micah Hyde - 75

S Jordan Poyer - 75

LB Preston Brown - 75

CB TreDavious White - 75

LB Lorenzo Alexander - 64

DT Kyle Williams - 58

DE Jerry Hughes - 55

DE Eddie Yarbrough - 54

CB EJ Gaines - 49

CB Leonard Johnson - 45

DT Cedric Thornton - 36

LB Matt Milano - 32

DE Ryan Davis - 31

LB Ramon Humber - 29

CB Shareece Wright - 26

DT Jerel Worthy - 23

DT Marcell Dareus - 22

Um.......? Guess who stayed fresh?

Edited by JaxBills

S Micah Hyde - 75

S Jordan Poyer - 75

LB Preston Brown - 75

CB TreDavious White - 75

DT Kyle Williams - 58

DE Jerry Hughes - 55

DE Eddie Yarbrough - 54

CB EJ Gaines - 49

CB Leonard Johnson - 45

DT Cedric Thornton - 36

LB Matt Milano - 32

DE Ryan Davis - 31

LB Ramon Humber - 29

CB Shareece Wright - 26

DT Jerel Worthy - 23

DT Marcell Dareus - 22

Anything McD/Beane does he views with jaded lenses.

S Micah Hyde - 75

S Jordan Poyer - 75

LB Preston Brown - 75

CB TreDavious White - 75

DT Kyle Williams - 58

DE Jerry Hughes - 55

DE Eddie Yarbrough - 54

CB EJ Gaines - 49

CB Leonard Johnson - 45

DT Cedric Thornton - 36

LB Matt Milano - 32

DE Ryan Davis - 31

LB Ramon Humber - 29

CB Shareece Wright - 26

DT Jerel Worthy - 23

DT Marcell Dareus - 22

And your point is what? Again, the Bills D line was going to be a rotation in keeping with a philosophy. The coaches did not decide to make Marcel Dareus " a rotational player". The number of snaps will be dictated by effectiveness , performance , health etc. as it should be.

Anything McD/Beane does he views with jaded lenses.

Not true. But a statement such as " made Dareus a rotational player as an effort type decision " is clearly agenda based , not reality. McD runs a defensive line rotation . That's a good philosophy as I've stated. No jaded lenses. I do not however view every decision as some kind of gospel through the extremely rose colored lenses worn by some on this board. Call em as I see em.

And your point is what? Again, the Bills D line was going to be a rotation in keeping with a philosophy. The coaches did not decide to make Marcel Dareus " a rotational player". The number of snaps will be dictated by effectiveness , performance , health etc. as it should be.

ok dude. Im not here to change your mind. I understand what rotating a line means. I even recall buddy Nix using the phrase "it takes a village to stop the run." It's nothing new to me. But when you pay a 100 million dollars for a player to make 20 snaps, they're sending a message.

To your point, snaps are determined by effectiveness.

Edited by JaxBills

At 1st I was upset with some of the decisions they had made with the personnel. But at this point, how can you complain?

You can watch the passing offense, perhaps ? Some decision were good. Others I believe, were highly questionable.

ok dude. Im not here to change your mind. I understand what rotating a line means. I even recall buddy Nix using the phrase "it takes a village to stop the run." It's nothing new to me. But when you pay a 100 million dollars for a player to make 20 snaps, they're sending a message.

To your point, snaps are determined by effectiveness.

All play should be based on effectiveness / performance in a rotation. Dareus salary already existed , and therefore is irrelevant to the discussion.

Or he isnt fully over his ankle injury?

Sammy is a rare talent. But he never was going to be for us. Much like Lynch (Both players jerseys I have by the way)

They're finally developing tyrod into a good quarterback. And we have a buttload of picks next year. Our defense already looks dominant. And were ready to load up on oftensive personnel in the draft. All the while we're 3 and 1 this year

All play should be based on effectiveness / performance in a rotation. Dareus salary already existed , and therefore is irrelevant to the discussion.

Dareus and his contract and players that fans cling to is the basis of my entire point

At 1st I was upset with some of the decisions they had made with the personnel. But at this point, how can you complain?

I was in the same boat JaxBills.

Thus far all moves look solid. We all recognize the lack of depth but that is pretty much what was walked into and I think this will be addressed in future drafts and FA.

The only knock I have right now on this FO is not having a true RB#2 and the weak WR core we currently have.

Overall, I'm close to 100% in trusting the process after seeing what we are capable of over the past 4 weeks. It's only going to get better IMO

Edited by Real McCoy

Sammy is a rare talent. But he never was going to be for us. Much like Lynch (Both players jerseys I have by the way)

They're finally developing tyrod into a good quarterback. And we have a buttload of picks next year. Our defense already looks dominant. And were ready to load up on oftensive personnel in the draft. All the while we're 3 and 1 this year

Dareus and his contract and players that fans cling to is the basis of my entire point

I disagree about Watkins. There was no reason he couldn't be for the Bills. It's a rationalization. Tyrod is what he is. He can't be developed, but his skill set can be used effectively. The defense is playing well, but are far from dominating physically. The offense lacks star type talent at the skill positions. Draft picks are a crap shoot vs known players. The jury is still out.

I'm not sure that it is a rationalization. Sammy walkins has already admitted himself that he wasn't a team first player.

There seems to be a re occurring theme in players that mcdermott and beane like and don't like.

As far as your perspective about Taylor in the defense. There three-and-one. There leading nearly every defensive category. You can attempt to poke holes in everything that you see, or you can enjoy it and see if the team develops in the more. At this point it's just a matter of perspective

Not true. But a statement such as " made Dareus a rotational player as an effort type decision " is clearly agenda based , not reality. McD runs a defensive line rotation . That's a good philosophy as I've stated. No jaded lenses. I do not however view every decision as some kind of gospel through the extremely rose colored lenses worn by some on this board. Call em as I see em.

i also just noticed that you called my opinion about dareus "agenda based." You obviously don't know that I'm a huge fan of his. He is my favorite bill and most talented. And it kills me to see him act this way when the team is finally on the brink of success.

My friend, 6 defensive lineman played more snaps than dareus.

Edited by JaxBills

Just getting to the playoffs this year would be something special. Keeping draft picks on the roster that grow & develop would be awesome. Infusing more talent by hitting on our boatload of picks next year would make the next season truly exciting.

I just worry we won't draft a QB to develop if we make the playoffs. We might think "well clearly we can get there with Tyrod, why waste a high draft pick on another QB when there's more pressing positions to fill?" Unless Tyrod starts lighting it up, we still need to draft a QB to at least try & develop into a franchise QB. This draft is going to have quite a few talented prospects, and we should definitely be eyeing one.

Maybe if we're lucky, we can pull a Kansas City, get a talented pick that can sit behind our veteran starter while simultaneously lighting a fire under the starter's @$$. The Chiefs having the luxury of sitting on a 1st round QB behind Alex Smith who's playing lights-out is awesome. That's a plan I can get behind if the Bills can be so fortunate to have that opportunity.

QB, WR, LB, OL.

Our first 6 picks should just cover that four position groups. Imho.

I agree with this. However, I feel that Tyrod has become a consistent and quality enough performer that we don't have to trade away one of our picks to move up for a quarterback.

I agree with this. However, I feel that Tyrod has become a consistent and quality enough performer that we don't have to trade away one of our picks to move up for a quarterback.

agreed. And we don't need an instant starter at QB. We can get a good one and let him take the job the old fashion way.

QB, WR, LB, OL.

Our first 6 picks should just cover that four position groups. Imho.

plus all the cap savings that was created with the off season moves will most likely net 2-3 quality contributors Edited by Magox

I'm inclined to agree. Let's finish the season, obviously, but if TT continues to play well I think we can safely move QB down the list for now.

WR and LB are far and away the positions of need going into the next draft. We could draft another OL somewhere in there, but DT is also a sneaky need with 3 upcoming free agents and an uncertain Dareus situation.

Major free agents this year include:

Preston Brown

Ramon Humber

Jerel Worthy

Kyle Williams

Cedric Thornton

Jordan Matthews

EJ Gaines

Leonard Johnson

I imagine deals get done with Brown, Gaines and Matthews. The rest of them we'll see.

Edited by Big C

I'm still skeptical that it can net us better than a 10-6 record. I think that is our realistic ceiling for this year, we simply don't have the talent level and depth to match on sustained basis the best teams in the league. Next year's team will have more talent and as a result the play calling will adjust to the new infusion of talent this team will gain.

Well look at that.

Beginning of the season a lot of people were skeptical we couldn't hit 6 wins. Now its 10. :lol: good ****.

Cincy can't score either though - this week could very well be the Carolina game in reverse - something like Bills win 11-6 behind Haushkamatic.

He'd be an even better fit if we had some good WR targets for more bombs, which he's as good as any QB in the league at launching.

Word up Super intendent chalmers, with the new OC change i think Cincy is scoring a lot more now tho, so i wouldn't underestimate them.

Not unless the offense gets better and McDermott starts to trust them by ending his head-scratching (mostly conservative) game management decisions. (Kicking FG from the 1, three straight runs before trusting his kicker to make a 50+ yard FG.)

Not true at all. Those Seattle teams were extremely efficient on offense.

Seriously tho, the conservative play calling on offense when were only up by a score drives me nuts and its gonna bite us in the ass one week. We have a qb that is anti-turnover. Trust him with the fckin ball!!! Let that man play ball.