I wonder where the professional TT haters are now?

Important according to who? It doesn't correlate with wins at all, in fact it is weakly negatively correlated:

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/9/5/16243598/third-down-efficiency-three-and-outs-and-other-stats-i-hate-win-correlation-predictive

3rd down efficiency however is correlated with wins.

http://www.footballperspective.com/is-espns-qbr-the-best-measure-of-quarterback-play/

ESPN QBR surprisingly is the passing statistic that correlates with wins the most. ANY/A and passer rating are close behind. Passing yards is at the bottom.

I'm sorry but the stats show you are wrong. 3 and out percentage is meaningless in determining an offense's success.

Tell that to the Defense you keep chucking on the field. Tell me how that works with field positioning battles? Tell me how basically leading the league this year in punting per drive makes your O better?

The agenda here is insane Happy. Open the link and look at our putrid O stats thus far.

It's Black and White.

Do these stats include the 3 quarters of football in which the Bills were trying to run off clock rather than score points? And no, three and outs are not a "wicked important stat".

Yeah it does matter, LMAO!

Leading the league in Punts per drive does not matter either right?

You really think the D will play lights out the entire year?

:wallbash:

Edited by Real McCoy

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell that to the Defense you keep chucking on the field. Tell me how that works with field positioning battles? Tell me how basically leading the league this year in punting per drive makes your O better?

The agenda here is insane Happy. Open the link and look at our putrid O stats thus far.

It's Black and White.

Yeah it does matter :wallbash:

I mean that stat simply doesn't correlate with winning. There's nothing else to be said. This is exactly why I don't trust the "eye test." Casual fans mostly think it matters but it really doesn't. Probably because of some of the reasons people mentioned in this thread. Teams that have a lead will go 3-and-out more often because they go into conservative mode.

I don't know if punts per drive correlates with winning. I would like us to do better there, of course, but it's not something I care about all that much. That's also an offense stat not a QB stat so I'm not sure how it relates to this thread. Our offense has opened up since the Carolina debacle and I hope that means a permanent change in Dennison's play calling moving forward.

I still say DVOA is the best overall statistic because common sense would tell you not all punt drives are equal. Punting when you're up by 2 possessions is not the same as punting when you're down by 2 possessions and DVOA takes that into account.

I mean that stat simply doesn't correlate with winning. There's nothing else to be said. This is exactly why I don't trust the "eye test." Casual fans mostly think it matters but it really doesn't. Probably because of some of the reasons people mentioned in this thread. Teams that have a lead will go 3-and-out more often because they go into conservative mode.

I don't know if punts per drive correlates with winning. I would like us to do better there, of course, but it's not something I care about all that much. That's also an offense stat not a QB stat so I'm not sure how it relates to this thread. Our offense has opened up since the Carolina debacle and I hope that means a permanent change in Dennison's play calling moving forward.

I still say DVOA is the best overall statistic because common sense would tell you not all punt drives are equal. Punting when you're up by 2 possessions is not the same as punting when you're down by 2 possessions and DVOA takes that into account.

I get what your saying to a degree and can agree this is fine if our D plays lights out like it has the rest of the year. There will be games as we all know that our D is going to stumble and these other stats are super important to keep winning.

The same stat I pulled BTW were so much better the prior 2 years, especially TD's per drive, we were top 10 in the NFL (2015 7th and 2016 6th)

Dennison and Tyrod still have alot of work to do IMO for us to sustain winning week to week.

I look at DVOA as well but like to see a better breakdown is all. Football Outsiders is a great website BTW.

Edited by Real McCoy

Knowing their psychopathy and narcissism, they will problem say something like "give it time" and are still secretly hoping he will fail.

But it's nice now they are gone and eating crow and huge amounts of humble pie.

at first i thought you were speaking directly to me

I have no issue with that. But you "Knowing" had me concerned.

would you like to tell me a little more about the narcissistic bent of these "they"

Humble Pie

Great Band for awhile.

Peter Frampton was with them awhile before his Glory

It's Black and White.

Yeah it does matter, LMAO!

You really think the D will play lights out the entire year?

:wallbash:

Keep bashing your head against the wall, but until you show some connection between winning and three and out percentage, your "wicked important stat" comment is nothing but hot air.

I get what your saying to a degree and can agree this is fine if our D plays lights out like it has the rest of the year. There will be games as we all know that our D is going to stumble and these other stats are super important to keep winning.

The same stat I pulled BTW were so much better the prior 2 years, especially TD's per drive, we were top 10 in the NFL (2015 7th and 2016 6th)

Dennison and Tyrod still have alot of work to do IMO for us to sustain winning week to week.

I look at DVOA as well but like to see a better breakdown is all. Football Outsiders is a great website BTW.

Number one get the QB a better WR corp. Number two, after the defense of the last two years, as a whole, under Ryan, they owe the offense some great performances.

Knowing their psychopathy and narcissism, they will problem say something like "give it time" and are still secretly hoping he will fail.

But it's nice now they are gone and eating crow and huge amounts of humble pie.

oh.. these threads are always fun aren't they? you call me psychopathic and narcissistic and i call you delusional and just plain dumb.

i'm not a Tyrod hater nor am i professional. I just have an opinion that differs from yours. that i am equally as stauch about my belief as you are doesn't make me any worse/better than you.

i am still of the opinion that Tyrod is a one read qb and very limited in his abilities as far as what's between the ears go. that we rank among the worst in the league in the passing game (again) along with what my eyes see, tells me that we are where we are today not because of Tyrod, but in spite of him. anyone who thinks he is the reason we are 3-1 today just doesn't know the game of football very well.

Tyrod is a game manager and not even a very good one and you don't need Ray Charles to tell you that. we are where we are today because of very good coaching.

as another poster likes to often say, Tyrod isn't terrible but dang we should be shooting for much more than, 'he isn't terrible', don't you think?

Number one get the QB a better WR corp. Number two, after the defense of the last two years, as a whole, under Ryan, they owe the offense some great performances.

The 1999 Bills defense is STILL waiting for those great performances from their offense owed them.

oh.. these threads are always fun aren't they? you call me psychopathic and narcissistic and i call you delusional and just plain dumb.

i'm not a Tyrod hater nor am i professional. I just have an opinion that differs from yours. that i am equally as stauch about my belief as you are doesn't make me any worse/better than you.

i am still of the opinion that Tyrod is a one read qb and very limited in his abilities as far as what's between the ears go. that we rank among the worst in the league in the passing game (again) along with what my eyes see, tells me that we are where we are today not because of Tyrod, but in spite of him. anyone who thinks he is the reason we are 3-1 today just doesn't know the game of football very well.

Tyrod is a game manager and not even a very good one and you don't need Ray Charles to tell you that. we are where we are today because of very good coaching.

as another poster likes to often say, Tyrod isn't terrible but dang we should be shooting for much more than, 'he isn't terrible', don't you think?

"Not a good game manager". Is this a joke?

at first i thought you were speaking directly to me

I have no issue with that. But you "Knowing" had me concerned.

would you like to tell me a little more about the narcissistic bent of these "they"

Humble Pie

Great Band for awhile.

Peter Frampton was with them awhile before his Glory

30 Days in the Hole

It's still too early to tell if TT had taken that step to carry the team.

If he's as good or better than 2016 then with a top 10 defense we can add 3 or 4 Wins onto last season record.

That's 10-6 fellas and ladies.

All that means is that if TT plays they same people's minds won't be changed.

Only TT can change people's minds.

30 Days in the Hole

You hit the home run.

Hot and Nasty is one of the best classic rock albums of Ever.

Steve Marriott was killing it on that album.

Oh yeh

It's still too early to tell if TT had taken that step to carry the team.

If he's as good or better than 2016 then with a top 10 defense we can add 3 or 4 Wins onto last season record.

That's 10-6 fellas and ladies.

All that means is that if TT plays they same people's minds won't be changed.

Only TT can change people's minds.

it might be entirely too early to define what the Bills are. and Then where they are heading. If Pegulas have some patience? We might just find out though.

trend aint bad so far

Keep bashing your head against the wall, but until you show some connection between winning and three and out percentage, your "wicked important stat" comment is nothing but hot air.

Your flat out ignorant or not very football smart if you think that being the near worst in the league at 3 and outs or punting per drive are not an important offense statistic.

Keep saying bu, bu, but we won. How long do you think our D is going to continue to bail out an inept Offense? 3 Offensive TD's total the last 3 games is not going to sustain winning success period.

Edited by Real McCoy

Your flat out ignorant or not very football smart if you think that being the near worst in the league at 3 and outs or punting per drive are not an important stats.

Keep saying bu, bu, but we won. How long do you think our D is going to continue to bail out an inept Offense? 3 Offensive TD's total the last 3 games is not going to sustain winning success period.

Where were you last season when the defense couldn't hold leads? How about a better WR corp. This is ridiculous.

Edited by JM2009

1. Agreed

2. Agreed (You and I both know it won't last every game)

I'm not popping this all on TT, I really should be in another thread. I'm calling out the entire Offense.

Edited by Real McCoy

Agree and Agree

I'm not popping this all on TT, I really should be in another thread. I'm calling out the entire Offense.

Considering the talent level on the field, I think the offense has done a pretty decent job. Just continue not turning the ball over.

Just because you call out someone's deficiencies doesn't mean you're a hater. Until Taylor can improve various aspects of his game he deserves to be critiqued. I believe his coach would agree.

The guy has over a 100 QB rating the last two weeks, with this WR corp, still doesn't turn the ball over, and it's always "do more".