Concerning rushing stat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen the them play twice. I don't think it's a bad defense. Maybe shades of last year are still a factor when they shouldn't be

I don't think they are bad either. I just think we will have our best chance to run it since week 1.

Two great defenses and a very good one

New scheme

No Watkins

Glenn injury

It's a long season - if teams want to put 8 in the box then play action should be there all game long. Just need to make them pay on first down. There are numerous ways to get 5 yards on first down without a handoff. Clay, O'Leary, Thomas should be used in two and three TE sets that have run/pass options for TT. Getting Dimarco the ball in the flats. Motioning Shady out of the backfield to see if they are in man coverage against a LB.

for the moment, I'll put that down to the 2 top 5 defenses we faced these last 2 weeks.

I hope I'm right.

Yeah, I agree.

2 STOUT run defenses... kind of dilutes the stats a little bit. I think those numbers will definitely improve.

I know it's the Jets, but he did have a great day against them, with the same blocking scheme (I assume. That's one area I don't know a whole lot about.)

Yeah, I agree.

2 STOUT run defenses... kind of dilutes the stats a little bit. I think those numbers will definitely improve.

I know it's the Jets, but he did have a great day against them, with the same blocking scheme (I assume. That's one area I don't know a whole lot about.)

I'm confident that they will.

Stats after 3 weeks are but a small sample size and may not reflect the true story.

He literally has zero room to run so far this year. This includes his big day in the opener so the last two games has been yikes.

YardsPerPass @YardsPerPass

McCoy is averaging 1.17 yards before contact per carry so far on the season, 32nd in NFL

Was #1 in 2016 w/ 2.99 yards per carry

They're stacking that box versus us. I'm curious to know what the stats are off of play action.

If we struggle to run against ATL then I'd say it's panic mode. Did everyone notice the room McCoy had to run when Richie pulled last game? He got called for a bogus holding but would love to see more of that. #1 rushing team 2 years in a row, I blame McD just as much as Rico for letting a coach change a blocking scheme that's been our bread and butter