Fans burning their NFL apparel on social media...

eball

Because there is no rational explanation to ridicule them. Only ignorance and a failure to try and understand the issue.

I suppose breaking it down to something simple may help you understand why the majority of the country is against this form of protest.

Pretend you're in Mexico watching a football game, and all the Mexicans stand for their Anthem. Would you do it too? You know, as a way to be RESPECTFUL to the Mexican tradition and country identity.

Now if you decide to not show respect, and ignore the Anthem are you showing disrespect? Keep in mind it is possible to show disrespect through inaction. Perhaps, it is disrespectful to a degree. (One reason I really didn't mind Shady stretching during the Anthem)

Now, let's take this to a new level and instead of some sort of inaction, you decide to dab during the Amthem, overtly mocking the tradition because you believe the Mexican Government is corrupt. Is the action disrespectful? Yes, it most certainly is the opposite of showing RESPECT, which would be to stand regular-like with your hat removed.

I suppose none of the point matters unless you agree that you would probably stand in a foreign country, during their Anthem, to show respect.

*Yes, things can be disrespectful even if you claim your intentions are good. Your position on that is absurd. I mean, is beating women for charity not disrespectful? Not to say this is that absurd, just your logic.

Edited by Paulus

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what would be incredibly awesome? If all these spoilsports quitting the sport and Bills and wah, wah, wahing all the way home with their football don't watch the games and just sit and pout...

And this is the year the Bills get in the playoffs and shock the world.

I don't predict it of course. It's not likely at all to happen. But it sure would be fitting.

Babies.

no I don't, I don't ignore either side I just think both sides are stupid because it doesn't really matter

This is not acceptable. When you just toss a social issue like this aside and say everyone is wrong, that's (in my opinion) the worst possible kind of apathy.

no I don't, I don't ignore either side I just think both sides are stupid because it doesn't really matter

Then why are you arguing so much. I understand you like to have fun with people and then are serious other times, just like I am, and sometimes it's hard to tell with either of us. But when you talk about the issue serious you seem to get really angry at one side and ignore the other.

You know what would be incredibly awesome? If all these spoilsports quitting the sport and Bills and wah, wah, wahing all the way home with their football don't watch the games and just sit and pout...

And this is the year the Bills get in the playoffs and shock the world.

I don't predict it of course. It's not likely at all to happen. But it sure would be fitting.

Babies.

It would be awesome.

This is asinine! these are same people who showed no outrage at Americans carrying Nazi flags, giving Nazi salutes and chanting Nazi slogans! I imagine this offends veterans and the military a hell of a lot more than overpaid professional athletes taking a knee. If it weren't for the Presidents comments on Friday, this would not of even been a thing. This is almost as silly as Jimbo calling out Shady.

Just remove the National Anthem from all NFL games and sporting events for that matter. I have no desire to mix BS politics and football together.

....anthem has been a staple....remove the politics from its playing and we are back to where we used to be ....a nation of respect, morals, inclusion and tolerance.....the tail cannot wag the dog.....we are in a tailspin as a 3rd rate morally bankrupt society.....

....anthem has been a staple....remove the politics from its playing and we are back to where we used to be ....a nation of respect, morals, inclusion and tolerance.....the tail cannot wag the dog.....we are in a tailspin as a 3rd rate morally bankrupt society.....

Love you my man but we'll disagree some here. Respect goes different ways. I would prefer players stand during the anthem as a sign of respect. I'd also prefer that those saying guys that earn a lot of money to play football shouldn't be protesting respect that the right to protest has no dollar signs with it.

Morals? Yeah we could use more of that. Starting with a president who repeatedly lies and repeatedly disrespects minorities, women, and yes veterans.

Then why are you arguing so much. I understand you like to have fun with people and then are serious other times, just like I am, and sometimes it's hard to tell with either of us. But when you talk about the issue serious you seem to get really angry at one side and ignore the other.

the only thing that makes me angry is that they cancelled wings. That was a good show. Everything else is a joke to me

they're offended, so I would change Washington to the Washington snowflakes to honor those Native Americans that are offended.

And sure we can say it's about Injustice, please show me the facts that support that because I can show you the ones straight from the government and all police jurisdictions would show it is a bull **** premise and you're just wasting your time because you'll probably give me something like Salon or Rachel Maddow to dispute me

oh yeah, I forgot it's all because of trump... Trump... Trump that's not Trump. No it's been going on longer than him

So if I search the board, I will not find you saying the Washington team's name should stay the same? Not rooting for either outcome in my search, for what it's worth **update, boyst62 is actually fairly consistent with his Washington team name stance, not 100% behind either side from what I found, which I respect, it's a nuanced issue***.

Alright, as far as research, hoping to have an intelligent convo if you are interested, I'll start with this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2016/09/27/yale-study-suggests-racial-bias-among-preschool-teachers/?utm_term=.401b496d7d95

Forbes article describing below study:

http://fortune.com/2014/11/04/hiring-racial-bias/

Pdf of a research study on resumes: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://cla.auburn.edu/econwp/archives/2014/2014-06.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjsxZeRtsbWAhXEwiYKHfkCBwAQFggkMAA&usg=AFQjCNHzVsVOTMNzGFSu1ZiXRoa3zMb3dQ

Edited by HardyBoy

they're offended, so I would change Washington to the Washington snowflakes to honor those Native Americans that are offended.

And sure we can say it's about Injustice, please show me the facts that support that because I can show you the ones straight from the government and all police jurisdictions would show it is a bull **** premise and you're just wasting your time because you'll probably give me something like Salon or Rachel Maddow to dispute me

oh yeah, I forgot it's all because of trump... Trump... Trump that's not Trump. No it's been going on longer than him

No Trump is polarizing the country over whether kneeling during the national anthem is disrespectful to the country or not. That just started with CK. The police shooting unarmed minorities has been going on for a long time, I agree.

there is no chance this miniscule part of the NFL fan base will be missed.

this is a sport whose television draft coverage had better ratings than playoff level hockey and hoops.

the nfl has a dope for a commish and now the players have somehow offended some fans who believe the flag represents the armed forces instead of the nation itself, but it still wont matter one bit.

American Football is the best sport ever invented and doesn't need marketing or even a good image to thrive. The awesomeness of the sport itself stands above all else, and this pissed off 1% wont be missed. at all.

Edited by Webster Guy