Denver Gift

Irv

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If our starters beat their starters then I'll eat some crow. Its not going to happen unless Matt Ryan gets hurt and everyone on this board knows it. Same with Pats. We have absolutely zero chance. Its embarrassing. I don't even watch the Pats games. But keep celebrating wins vs the Jets and Broncos, 2 non playoff teams.

You are in for a rude awakening then

You are not too bright bro. Every team we beat makes them less likely to be a playoff team, and if we beat the majority of them we could be a playoff team themselves.

Also, Its not all about making the playoffs or winning the Superbowl. The Bills get 8 home games a year, only 8 weeks out of 52. They have already played 25% of them and they won both. That means fans go home happy. Many of them are happy all week because their team won at home. It's a big effing deal when they win at home. And to have a "fan" like yourself **** on that win and degrade others who are excited about it, and the hope of further success sucks. It's very, very sad.

Edited by Bills Pimpin'

People like you that love the team no matter what is what's holding us back. You seem to be very pleased with a .500 team. I'm not. Anything less than a super bowl title is a failure. If you think we are a super bowl contender then not only are you completely delusional but I'm worried about your sanity. I hope there is someone close to you who can get you some help.

I will be here on Monday if you would like to discuss your Atlanta prediction further

and it's rare to see such low standards all over this entire forum. how is striving for a championship miserable?

You do know that what we (the collective "we" as fans) feel, believe, etc, doesn't really have any influence over whether or not the team is successful, right? Even if your condescending assertion that most fans here are completely satisfied with mediocrity was true - it really wouldn't actually "hold the team back."

Speaking of delusional...

Edited by billsfan1959

and it's rare to see such low standards all over this entire forum. how is striving for a championship miserable?

Telling other fans "Anything less than a super bowl title is a failure" does not equal "striving for a championship". Look, the Bills played a solid game Sunday and had a win. I'm happy because I root for the team and I like seeing them win. I say you're miserable because you're here complaining after a win.

The Gift is the Bils Defense.

And the offense/special teams. In their previous 18 games before they played us, Denver allowed an average of 18.6 points per game. On the road in 2016, their defense allowed an average of 19.2 points per game. So we scored about a touchdown more than their average no matter how you look at it.

And of course Tyrod himself. Denver allowed an average passer rating of 70.9 to opposing QBs in the previous 18 games (or 70.8 on the road in 2016). Tyrod had a 126.0 passer rating, well above their average allowed.

Of course the defense deserves credit for the game, they played outstanding. But this was a team win.

Edited by HappyDays

And the offense/special teams. In their previous 18 games before they played us, Denver allowed an average of 18.6 points per game. On the road in 2016, their defense allowed an average of 19.2 points per game. So we scored about a touchdown more than their average no matter how you look at it.

And of course Tyrod himself. Denver allowed an average passer rating of 70.9 to opposing QBs in the previous 18 games (or 70.8 on the road in 2016). Tyrod had a 126.0 passer rating, well above their average allowed.

Of course the defense deserves credit for the game, they played outstanding. But this was a team win.

Yes, it was a team Win. The passing game was "good enough" to get the Win when Denver was able to stuff the run.

Other than being 20/26 everything else TT did in the passing game was his nominal performance. 213 yards on the button is his average.

6-16 on 3rd down needs to be improved.

Getting on the same page as Zay Jones is a must.

Yes, it was a team Win. The passing game was "good enough" to get the Win when Denver was able to stuff the run.

Other than being 20/26 everything else TT did in the passing game was his nominal performance. 213 yards on the button is his average.

6-16 on 3rd down needs to be improved.

Getting on the same page as Zay Jones is a must.

Denver allowed an average of 188.1 passing yards per game in the 18 previous games, or 183.5 on the road. So Tyrod had about 25 more passing yards than they allow on average. This despite a run game that wasn't working at all.

You know these stats don't exist in a vacuum, right?

Denver allowed an average of 188.1 passing yards per game in the 18 previous games, or 183.5 on the road. So Tyrod had about 25 more passing yards than they allow on average. This despite a run game that wasn't working at all.

You know these stats don't exist in a vacuum, right?

key word - average

next key word - 2017

Chargers and Cowboys and Bills

LA Chargers

Philip Rivers 22/33 for 192
Rushing 22 for 64 @ 2.9 ypp avg
Dak Prescott 30/50 for 238
Rushing 14 for 40 @ 2.9 ypp avg
Tyrod Taylor 20/26 for 213
Rushing 33 for 75 @ 2.3 ypp avg

Maybe Buffalo has the Better defense and maybe the Broncs are not as good as they were.

2017 Bills D 12 ppg, Denver D 18ppg. 6 point Delta.

key word - average

next key word - 2017

Chargers and Cowboys and Bills

LA Chargers

Philip Rivers 22/33 for 192

Rushing 22 for 64 @ 2.9 ypp avg

Dak Prescott 30/50 for 238

Rushing 14 for 40 @ 2.9 ypp avg

Tyrod Taylor 20/26 for 213

Rushing 33 for 75 @ 2.3 ypp avg

Maybe Buffalo has the Better defense and maybe the Broncs are not as good as they were.

2017 Bills D 12 ppg, Denver D 18ppg. 6 point Delta.

I'm not sure what this post is trying to say? Tyrod has played better against Denver than Rivers or Prescott. Dak got his yards in garbage time, you know that thing you use to disparage Tyrod's stats all the time. Do you think their defense took a step back? Did you think that before this week, or only after Tyrod played well against them?

I'm not sure what this post is trying to say? Tyrod has played better against Denver than Rivers or Prescott. Dak got his yards in garbage time, you know that thing you use to disparage Tyrod's stats all the time. Do you think their defense took a step back? Did you think that before this week, or only after Tyrod played well against them?

I was saying that for 2017 TT has played his "Nominal Game" against Denver. He doesn't have the best #'s nor does he have the worst #'s.

Other than his 20/26 - I saw nothing spectacular that jumped out at me over his normal play.

The Bills Defense was Great, TT was TT and ST's was A+.

I am not diminishing TT's good plays, but I can't pretend he had that GREAT of a game. The numbers I posted for the last 3 weeks of Denvers D supports my claim/opinion.

I was saying that for 2017 TT has played his "Nominal Game" against Denver. He doesn't have the best #'s nor does he have the worst #'s.

Other than his 20/26 - I saw nothing spectacular that jumped out at me over his normal play.

The Bills Defense was Great, TT was TT and ST's was A+.

I am not diminishing TT's good plays, but I can't pretend he had that GREAT of a game. The numbers I posted for the last 3 weeks of Denvers D supports my claim/opinion.

Come on man...this is just non sense. What does TT need to do to qualify as "great"? Does he need to make some highlight plays that are insane and unbelievable? I mean geezus, he was 20/26 with guys dropping multiple passes. He was nearly perfect on his throws against a very good defense.

And we went ULTRA conservative, as we should, once we had a late lead to protect and ran the clock down. Just like the Jets game. I mean Dak threw for under 200 yards this week, you know that guy people around want to crown a HOF already, and they won the game. Guess thats a bad game too.

Most of the people on this board shouldn't even be allowed to comment on QB play anymore, its like they have no idea about what they are even looking at.

Come on man...this is just non sense. What does TT need to do to qualify as "great"? Does he need to make some highlight plays that are insane and unbelievable? I mean geezus, he was 20/26 with guys dropping multiple passes. He was nearly perfect on his throws against a very good defense.

And we went ULTRA conservative, as we should, once we had a late lead to protect and ran the clock down. Just like the Jets game. I mean Dak threw for under 200 yards this week, you know that guy people around want to crown a HOF already, and they won the game. Guess thats a bad game too.

Most of the people on this board shouldn't even be allowed to comment on QB play anymore, its like they have no idea about what they are even looking at.

The nonsense I read is all the excuses for Taylor's bad play and wanting to pump Taylor up more then he deserves when he has a good game.

TT's typical MEH game just isn't good enough to make the playoffs annually.

If .500 satisfies you as being great then, imo I think that you need to adjust your standards some.

ULTRA conservative can also cost you a game --- See KC Bills 2015, see OAK Bills 2016 and ATL NE 2016.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

So Tyrod is to blame for the playcalling now? Got it.

thank you for contributing to the conversation and following along. Since when does TT play for either ATL or NE?

ULTRA conservative can also cost you a game --- See KC Bills 2015, see OAK Bills 2016 and ATL NE 2016

Alphadog mentioned Ultraconservative and my rebuttal was IMO Ultraconservative can cost you games.