Jim Kelly disrespected by Shady stretching during Anthem

JerseyBills

I think whether you view his statements to be false is a matter of perspective.

Not really, it's more matter of skin tone. This isn't 1950. Things are very different, laws are on the books etc. The past cannot be changed. Some perspectives will never be changed either. But there is only one truth, one reality. You'd think the US was under apartheid in the world according to Kaep.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-why would you assume the post is not serious ?

2- so the protest is against a-hole president ? i thought it was against the cops who shoot african Americans for no reason

There were about 14 players I think who were kneeling during the anthem before the Orange Clown called them sons of bitches and said they should be fired. The whole league got upset by that and then about 200 knelt.

1-why would you assume the post is not serious ?

2- so the protest is against a-hole president ? i thought it was against the cops who shoot african Americans for no reason

People weren't shot for no reason. They didn't follow instructions, an officer felt threatened and discharged their weapon to protect the self or others. An investigation , grand jury , jury or judge etc found it was justified according to the letter of the law. Period. No one is shot and the shooter goes home and everything ends there. Maybe Kaep believes it does, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

There were about 14 players I think who were kneeling during the anthem before the Orange Clown called them sons of bitches and said they should be fired. The whole league got upset by that and then about 200 knelt.

It's a union thing. They are obviously going to stand together.

Not really, it's more matter of skin tone. This isn't 1950. Things are very different, laws are on the books etc. The past cannot be changed. Some perspectives will never be changed either. But there is only one truth, one reality. You'd think the US was under apartheid in the world according to Kaep.

the same Kapp that is offended by the American flag because of all the injustice , wears a Fidel Castro t-shirt , smh

I do think your skin tone influences your experiences and perspective...

It may not be the 1950's any longer but obviously there is still a large percentage of people of color that feel things haven't progressed enough.

People weren't shot for no reason. They didn't follow instructions, an officer felt threatened and discharged their weapon to protect the self or others. An investigation , grand jury , jury or judge etc found it was justified according to the letter of the law. Period. No one is shot and the shooter goes home and everything ends there. Maybe Kaep believes it does, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm a union member. I don't know of any member who just does what other members do without agreeing with it. I wouldn't.

It wasnt a union decision or order or suggestion.

I do think your skin tone influences your experiences and perspective...

It may not be the 1950's any longer but obviously there is still a large percentage of people of color that feel things haven't progressed enough.

They likely never will feel that way either.

I'm a union member. I don't know of any member who just does what other members do without agreeing with it. I wouldn't.

It wasnt a union decision or order or suggestion.

Going on strike, for example...

/eyeroll

Edited by Paulus

Going on strike, for example...

/eyeroll

That's a union decision or order.

I know they talked about it and agreed on it. I'm just saying the obvious reason why.

So you honestly believe these guys got together and talked about the situation and then 200 of them knelt mostly because of allegiance to the NFLPA? That may be one of the funniest things I ever read here.

So you honestly believe these guys got together and talked about the situation and then 200 of them knelt mostly because of allegiance to the NFLPA? That may be one of the funniest things I ever read here.

Pretty much yeah. They showed they were with their union brothers and were offended that the Prez didn't kiss their bippy. It's not hard to figure out.

oh i know , the whole ( hands up dont shoot ) BS was created on a folse narrative , i was just saying what > Kapp is saying

You said they died for the flag. They did not. They died for the Constitution, which specifies a system of government that by specific design allows the people to assemble, petition for grievances, and protest that government. That includes not just kneeling for the National Anthem, but burning the American flag (side note: I can't wait for an NFL player to try that on the field during the anthem.)

And yes, I understand what the flag "means." Nobody raised a copy of the Constitution on Iwo Jima. But I think the real question here is: why are you disrespecting your buddies' memories by arguing against the exercise of the rights that they took an oath to preserve, and died for?

SMH...

So, you think it'd be arguing against his memory of his friend if the NFL players were burning the flag and he wanted them fired?

Private firing and government firing are two different things.

Further, thinking they should be fired has nothing to do with the Constitution. Believing the government should jail them, or force the NFL to fire them is.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color."

You keep harping on the act of protesting the anthem by kneeling as being intended to offend people, the above quote from Kap seems to disprove that.

That quote from Kaep is patently offensive because it is based on a falsehood. And he flat out states he won't show pride by standing. Everything the $ucka$$es deny the protest is doing.

1) You keep harping on "offensive," as it if it actually means anything. So what if you think it's offensive? I don't. So who's right?

2) What part of the above quote from Kaep is false??

3) Stating that things are not like they were in the 50s is a false equivalency. Yes, things ARE better now but that doesn't mean that there is no systemic oppression of people of color anymore.

Edited by Domdab99

What instructions didn't Tamir Rice follow.

for those that don't know - 12 year old black with a toy gun was shot and killed by cops. They got away with it.

Because, the decision to go on strike has to be unanimous...

Further, peer pressure and sheet. Even us adults are susceptible to it, to some degree.

That said, I need to avoid this subject like cancer, as it pretty much is cancer, in online chat places. Opinions and buttholes, man.

Because, the decision to go on strike has to be unanimous...

Further, peer pressure and sheet. Even us adults are susceptible to it, to some degree.

That said, I need to avoid this subject like cancer, as it pretty much is cancer, in online chat places. Opinions and buttholes, man.

I agree with all of that. The point was only that the peer pressure or the binding for legit reasons had nothing to do with their union. Their lockerroom. Their brotherhood. Sure. But he was implying players being unified or sticking with each other was just because they were fellow union members is absurd.

What instructions didn't Tamir Rice follow.

for those that don't know - 12 year old black with a toy gun was shot and killed by cops. They got away with it.

That toy gun looked almost exactly like a real gun. It's a tragedy to be sure, but obviously a huge factor in the case. The case went through the system. Did you see many minority protests when OJ was acquitted? By the way, I thought the guy who shot Trayvon Martin should have been found guilty fwiw. It went through the system and a jury found otherwise. Not much one can say or do about that.

I agree with all of that. The point was only that the peer pressure or the binding for legit reasons had nothing to do with their union. Their lockerroom. Their brotherhood. Sure. But he was implying players being unified or sticking with each other was just because they were fellow union members is absurd.

I'm not discounting the personal relationships etc. but the union had to put on a collective front. That is not a diificult concept. It's the bigger picture . It was clearly a factor in the response . Not the only thing. Edited by Boatdrinks