Jim Kelly disrespected by Shady stretching during Anthem

JerseyBills

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With respect to the highlighted segment how is a peaceful demonstration that is protected and allowed "never makes it right" (your words) be wrong. If you disagree with it that's fine. You don't have to agree with the actions. But what about the actions that you consider to be not right. Again, you don't have to agree with the display but how is it wrong?

when talking about right vs wrong it is only a personal viewpoint. As such it is wrong because it is the wrong time to do so and it is not that effective as all it will do is divide more than Unite.

I'm going to interject on this babbling. Jim Kelly came out and said he wasn't privy to Trump's comments about the NFL before he made a statement.

Oh brother.

OK, so Kelly was not aware of the Orange combovers statement. And apparently had no Problem with the Bills taking a knee. For to him,reasons unknown. Yet for some odd reason Shady stretching ticked him off?

I got call BS Kelly.

OK, so Kelly was not aware of the Orange combovers statement. And apparently had no Problem with the Bills taking a knee. For to him,reasons unknown. Yet for some odd reason Shady stretching ticked him off?

I got call BS Kelly.

I mean kneeling and stretching are quite different, also your peers getting called SOBs might change your opinion.

Also, I love how passionate you guys get over a song that in its original iteration, talks about beating runaway slaves lol. Talk to me when they piss on the Constitution.

Edited by Elite Poster

when talking about right vs wrong it is only a personal viewpoint. As such it is wrong because it is the wrong time to do so and it is not that effective as all it will do is divide more than Unite.

Is one uniting when saying that "those son of a bitches" should be fired for demonstrating?

In my opinion, like him or not, Marcel Dareus is part of the current Buffalo Bills and has every right to say what he said.

From the sounds of it, Kelly is finally wearing out his welcome.

I hope it's a trend that continues.

All of the players could say the same thing about Kelly and it makes no matter. He will be gone when brandon sean terry and kim no longer want him around. Sean already stated during his presser that there are no plans on keeping Kelly from being there.

The heart of the argument isn't the national anthem... Ok... So why the !@#$ do they do it during the national anthem and not another other 60 seconds of their day?

I'd bet if it was any other time cameras wouldn't find them or care as much.

or only when you have yet to actually describe the protest in your own words.

I've heard this argument a lot, along with the argument that the protestors are injecting politics into the workplace/NFL games, where it has no place. But I would argue that playing the anthem and forcing players to stand at attention before the flag has no place at a football game and itself injects politics into a place that it shouldn't be.

When you report to work in the morning, do you have to gather in a conference room with your fellow workers and salute the flag or listen to the national anthem? I doubt it. The protesters are simply responding to one political act (making them stand at attention for the national anthem) by expressing their opinion that America is falling short of its ideals with regard to its treatment of African-Americans. So in my mind, it's entirely appropriate for them to do so during the anthem, even if some people don't like it. If everyone was down with it, it wouldn't be much of a protest, would it?

I've heard this argument a lot, along with the argument that the protestors are injecting politics into the workplace/NFL games, where it has no place. But I would argue that playing the anthem and forcing players to stand at attention before the flag has no place at a football game and itself injects politics into a place that it shouldn't be.

When you report to work in the morning, do you have to gather in a conference room with your fellow workers and salute the flag or listen to the national anthem? I doubt it. The protesters are simply responding to one political act (making them stand at attention for the national anthem) by expressing their opinion that America is falling short of its ideals with regard to its treatment of African-Americans. So in my mind, it's entirely appropriate for them to do so during the anthem, even if some people don't like it. If everyone was down with it, it wouldn't be much of a protest, would it?

They are no where near standing at attention. Not even close.

so sick of this statement

The heart of the argument isn't the national anthem... Ok... So why the !@#$ do they do it during the national anthem and not another other 60 seconds of their day?

I'd bet if it was any other time cameras wouldn't find them or care as much.

or only when you have yet to actually describe the protest in your own words.

You can't even paste opposing sides of this protest.

It'll be a consistent issue of any dissent in this day and age. Instead of a single leadership voice you are crowdsourcing complaints.

Is one uniting when saying that "those son of a bitches" should be fired for demonstrating?

we are talking about the protests. Not Trump. The protests have nothing to do with Trump. They only allow the feeble minded a chance to shift the goal posts. And the more feeble take the bait

It'll be a consistent issue of any dissent in this day and age. Instead of a single leadership voice you are crowdsourcing complaints.

understand this but also believe that too many people think their voice matters. It doesn't

we are talking about the protests. Not Trump. The protests have nothing to do with Trump. They only allow the feeble minded a chance to shift the goal posts. And the more feeble take the bait

understand this but also believe that too many people think their voice matters. It doesn't

I agree. Which means we have to decide which ones matter to us. And far too often we pick the smartest guy on our side and compare home to the dumbest guy on the other side and pretend that's representative of the conversation.

I agree. Which means we have to decide which ones matter to us. And far too often we pick the smartest guy on our side and compare home to the dumbest guy on the other side and pretend that's representative of the conversation.

one side says the dumbest guy is: Trump. The other side says the smartest guy is...wait for it: Trump

And, somehow it's all slide of hand that it has absolutely nothing to do with Trump but he is now at the forefront.

The dumbest guy is now the smartest guy by default no matter which side youre on

Edited by Boyst62