Tre'Davious White

Mark Vader

White is a really experienced rookie (if that makes sense). He started a zillion games in the SEC and was more of s known commodity coming out. He was a "safe" pick and I mean that in a good way. He had a very high floor. We are seeing him play GREAT football. Tre has been doing that for a while.

Yep. All this. I mentioned last week when he had a rough first half that the maturity and experience he has was critical in him being able to turn it around after HT. Immature kid who started 1 year in college I doubt you see that response in all honesty. Think we should be ready to see the Bills pick a lot of seniors and 3 or 4 year college starters from here on in. It fits the McBeane model.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White is a really experienced rookie (if that makes sense). He started a zillion games in the SEC and was more of s known commodity coming out. He was a "safe" pick and I mean that in a good way. He had a very high floor. We are seeing him play GREAT football. Tre has been doing that for a while.

Scouts and GMs really overthink the draft.

Marshon Lattimore was high on the Bills draft board and could have been the Bills pick if they stayed at 10. He's been really good to start the season too. Less experienced and more injury prone but possibly higher ceiling? but white + a 1st rd pick is amazing.

Marshon Lattimore was high on the Bills draft board and could have been the Bills pick if they stayed at 10. He's been really good to start the season too. Less experienced and more injury prone but possibly higher ceiling? but white + a 1st rd pick is amazing.

Yea that was basically my view pre-draft as well. I had Lattimore as my #1 corner (my #2 player in the whole draft), then Marlon Humphrey as my #2A and White as my #2B their grades were right there together. All three have had good starts actually. I thought Lattimore was outstanding at Wembley yesterday.

EDIT: Just looking at PFF they have Lattimore currently ranked 7th among all corners, with White right behind him at 8th. Humphrey who didn't play much weeks 1 and 2 (partly a niggling injury partly them bringing him on slowly) doesn't quite have the snaps to be ranked thus far but his grade on the snaps he has played would have him 29th and well into the "green".

Edited by GunnerBill

forgot about that guy. How's he doing?

He seems to be doing well. Looks like he is in shape enough to be play still (he laughed about it and said he'd need a few weeks) Living in Baltimore and all of his kids in private school. He thinks one of them has shot for NFL. Second year in a row he came to tailgate and he said he is definitely coming next year.

QB? I remember a CB by that name.

yea a typo.

Poised

Savvy

Short term memory

4 year starter

Ball skills

Closing burst

Willing to tackle

Mature

Scheme fit

Were all things I had written down about Tre before the draft...

Remember guys... we took Sammy 4th in the best WR class ever... and it didn't work...

We just had the best DB class ever... and instead of panicking and taking lattimore who wasn't a scheme fit... we got an extra first and a corner who just may be the best overall corner in the class

How the winds blow...

We just had the best DB class ever... and instead of panicking and taking lattimore who wasn't a scheme fit... we got an extra first and a corner who just may be the best overall corner in the class

How the winds blow...

I think Lattimore can play any scheme to be honest and that was part of the reason he was the #1 corner on my board. Humphrey and White - my joint #2s were much more specific zone fits. I do think it was a brilliant draft for DBs though. I had 20 odd in my top 100. As soon as we made the trade back I was in the shout box saying "Tre White must be the pick"

I think Lattimore can play any scheme to be honest and that was part of the reason he was the #1 corner on my board. Humphrey and White - my joint #2s were much more specific zone fits. I do think it was a brilliant draft for DBs though. I had 20 odd in my top 100. As soon as we made the trade back I was in the shout box saying "Tre White must be the pick"

I saw lattimore live a good amount of times and he Can get lost in zone sometimes

He was phenomenal in press man, and has a very high ceiling but can get lax in zone coverage

He had some lapses that Tre didn't have in 4 years... without covering top end wideouts

Both will be very good but lattimore was more hype and potential. He was a 1 year starter who runs a 4.3 and is 6,1

I was a big fan of lattimore but there is zero chance he is as polished as Tre. A 4 years starter from the SEC who faced much stiffer WR competition

Lattimore when he is at his best is a press man corner

Both can be top corners

Edited by Buffalo716

DLPOfboWkAEkXss.jpg

2. Tre’Davious White, CB, Buffalo Bills

PFF Grade: 88.7

Elite Stat: Opposing QBs have a 53.7 passer rating when targeting White in coverage this season, the 14th- lowest among cornerbacks.

During this year’s draft, the Bills traded the 10th overall pick to move back in the first round, ultimately selecting White with the 27th overall pick while landing an additional first rounder from Kansas City for next season. One month into the season and that move could not be working out better for the Bills. White is our fifth-ranked cornerback in terms of overall grade and his 26.9 playmaker index percentage (percentage of targets he either got a pass breakup or interception on) is the second highest among all cornerbacks who’ve been targeted at least 15 times this season.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-race-for-rookie-of-the-year-week-4

Not sure if this has been mentioned up thread but I noticed that he was wearing black gloves on Sunday. Certainly helped on the last play. He had some jersey but it was impossible to see it clearly on TV because his hand blended in with the receivers' jersey. No accident I'm sure.

I saw lattimore live a good amount of times and he Can get lost in zone sometimes

He was phenomenal in press man, and has a very high ceiling but can get lax in zone coverage

He had some lapses that Tre didn't have in 4 years... without covering top end wideouts

Both will be very good but lattimore was more hype and potential. He was a 1 year starter who runs a 4.3 and is 6,1

I was a big fan of lattimore but there is zero chance he is as polished as Tre. A 4 years starter from the SEC who faced much stiffer WR competition

Lattimore when he is at his best is a press man corner

Both can be top corners

I agree Tre was more polished. I disagree on Lattimore in zone. I have watched enough of his film to think he can excel in anything - though I agree that he is probably more naturally a man corner. Lattimore was the 2nd highest player on my entire board for this draft.

I agree Tre was more polished. I disagree on Lattimore in zone. I have watched enough of his film to think he can excel in anything - though I agree that he is probably more naturally a man corner. Lattimore was the 2nd highest player on my entire board for this draft.

Coaches are hard to take seriously sometimes at the podium during press conferences. But people should listen to Leslie Frazier's from Monday.

I'm not sure how much stock to put in what he said, but he basically shot the zone versus man theory to schitt. He said it doesn't matter and that all NFL players in most all systems are asked to play both, and the skill set is the same, and it's tough to play corner in this league, but corners are corners and good ones are good in both.

That doesn't seem to be the case, but this is a guy who seems to know how to coach defense and was a CB in the NFL himself.

Coaches are hard to take seriously sometimes at the podium during press conferences. But people should listen to Leslie Frazier's from Monday.

I'm not sure how much stock to put in what he said, but he basically shot the zone versus man theory to schitt. He said it doesn't matter and that all NFL players in most all systems are asked to play both, and the skill set is the same, and it's tough to play corner in this league, but corners are corners and good ones are good in both.

That doesn't seem to be the case, but this is a guy who seems to know how to coach defense and was a CB in the NFL himself.

I did hear it and to an extent I agree. Everyone went on about Josh Norman getting all that money when he never played in man. He did. Most teams run bits of both. It was just Carolina was primarily a zone team.