Week 4: Falcons' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I need to lay off this game from a betting perspective. Moneyline +320 looks like (Bovada not posted yet) , but i think Bills are in tough this week. Finally won a moneyline bet last week with the Bills.

The two i like are San Fran +270 and Rams +300.

Can you explain the Moneyline to me. What exactly are you wagering? Never mind. I googled it.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Can you explain the Moneyline to me. What exactly are you wagering?

Moneyline ignores the spread. You are picking the winner. +270 means if you bet $100 and that team wins, you get your bet back + $270. If a team is -160 you need to bet $160 to win $100.

The Bills defense has been top-10 in the NFL against both the pass and run. The problem for the Bills is that Atlanta has been almost as stingy against the run as our own defense, allowing only 85.0 YPG. Much like the Denver game, I think the Bills must be at least +1 if not +2 in the turnover battle to win this one on the road. Let's not forget that Denver was better passing and better running the football on Sunday. The only difference in that game was really turnovers. They had 94 more yards of offense and 5 more first downs.

I'd be interested in knowing what percentage of their yards were gained in the first half vs. the second.

Not to be dismissed is the Bills playing a QB that can hit the broad side of the barn and who often takes deep shots. Bills were fortunate that Carolina only walked away with FGs in their multiple trips deep inside the red zone. Not going out on a limb by saying the DBs can't let any one behind them. If Falcons have to score, force them to go through the D.

Easier said than done, of course.

I'm happy we get our 2 road NFC games out of the way early. I expect us to be playing our best ball in December when the games really count.

Early games count (almost) as much as late games. The importance of a W or L has more of an impact at the end of the season when struggling for the WC.

For example in about 4 weeks - Tampa @ Buffalo Oct 22. Could be the temperature might still factor in. It used to be the Bucs were win less when the temp was under 32

they remained winless all-time in games played when the temperature was less than 32 °F

From their inception, Tampa Bay lost 20 consecutive games in which the temperature at kickoff was below 40 °F (4 °C). The streak ended in the final week of the 2002 regular season, when they beat the Bears at Champaign (Soldier Field was under renovation at the time).

Cinci Tampa and Oakland are there for the taking once we get past ATL

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Early games count (almost) as much as late games. The importance of a W or L has more of an impact at the end of the season when struggling for the WC.

Tampa in Buffalo Nov 22. Could be the temps might still factor in. It used to be the Bucs were win less when the temp was under 32

they remained winless all-time in games played when the temperature was less than 32 °F

From their inception, Tampa Bay lost 20 consecutive games in which the temperature at kickoff was below 40 °F (4 °C). The streak ended in the final week of the 2002 regular season, when they beat the Bears at Champaign (Soldier Field was under renovation at the time)

That's October 22 vs Tampa Bay.

Did you see what the Iggles did with 7 seconds?

which is why I added the caveat that "I think it could be done", but it requires all systems to operate at optimum speed, meaning players, ball placement by officials, getting play called, etc....and to "assume" that would happen would benefit the team who did nothing wrong other than stop the player short of the goal line and then the officials decided to replay the score (or i guess now all scores are replayed)....again, it sucks, but I understand why the rule is there....this just happens to fall into that narrow .01% of incidents where the rule applied really doesn't apply and in fact hurts the competition of the game

@DOrlandoAJC

A quick look at the 2-1 Buffalo #Bills who'll face the #Falcons on Sunday.

https://www.myajc.com/sports/football/quick-look-the-buffalo-bills/CPru2HiFhFFwH5ozIbAY6H/

FLOWERY BRANCH — For some reason, Sean McDermott, who was Carolina’s defensive coordinator, elected to cover Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones with a single player last season.

Man-to-man against the league’s top receiver is super aggressive and not highly advised.

That didn’t end well for McDermott and the Panthers defense. Jones ravaged the scheme catching 12 passes for a team-record 300 yards and a touchdown in the 48-33 plastering of the Panthers on Oct. 2

Because of the Panthers overall body of work on defense and clearly not that game, McDermott was hired to lead the Buffalo Bills, who will face the Falcons at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium.